34 replies to this topic

#26 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:51 PM

Best Mod: Forsaken Angel's magstrike.
Best Modder: Forsaken Angel
Best New Modder: will update my vote soon.
Best Homemade: My favorite was probably the SNAP series.
Best Homemade Maker: Boltsniper of course, but we should have a non-boltsniper category.
Best New Homemaker: will update my vote soon.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#27 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 01:40 PM

*snip*

I agree. I think people should get more credit for the amount of actual Nerfing they do than the creativeness of their mods, but that's just me.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 26 December 2006 - 01:41 PM.

SexD Warves

#28 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:23 PM

I cast one negative vote against myself because I was a flake twice this year and managed to miss both DCNOs.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#29 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:35 PM

Best Mod: Either Captain slug's LS mods, or Forsaken's pump shotgun
Best Modder: Captain Slug and Forsaken Angel
Best New Modder: I guess Carrtoon is New-ish, I dunno.
Best Homemade: SCAR-N
Best Homemade Maker: Do I really have to even type it? Boltsniper, duh.
Best New Homemaker: Commonly Hunted, if those Boltsniper guns turn out well.

Best Painter: Direct Threat
Best Moderator: All of 'em

Probably dead by now, or something.

#30 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:17 PM

Anyone who further votes for Piney gets suspended.

I'm dead serious.

I'm doing this as a service to the online community of Nerfers, hands free from any "organized" wars that you may have. From a Nerfing standpoint, other than the monthly skirmishes we have here in Hawaii, on the little island of Molokai, I'm just a legend in my own mind.

I would normally nominate the founding members of NH, plus Shinny and Talio, because trying to keep up with you newer bastards, while trying to placate the so-called "veteran" bunch, can drive a man to go back to drinking alcohol or playing with tiddly winks. How many of you young larvae out there even KNOW what Tiddly winks are?

Putting up with idiotic posts, while trying to explain that NerfHaven is NOT a free-reign board where one can just post away to your testicles' delight, but a board where respect has to be EARNED by showing it....I don't know how Tally and Shinny had put up with it, and even cxwq doesn't want to hang around too long, being busy with RealLife™ and all.

But One Man Clan and Groove are the definition of a Nerfer, par excellence.

They invest large sums of money, time, and effort into travelling to various wars and being present and active, documenting their exploits, remaining active on the NerfHaven forums, attending upper-level meetings with Hasbro executives; they basically are the tip of the spear when it comes to the cutting edge of helping set the direction of how Hasbro decides to put out Nerf products. I haven't even come close to that, save for exchanging a few PMs with chiefthe, one of the Hasbro engineers.

This is important to me; these guys will never say that Nerf is a "dying hobby", that it's for "wussies" and "nerdy fags". They know how to have a good time at the local and reigional wars without ghille suits, grenades, RPGs, tanks, or other mil-sim nonsense. They mod, they integrate and hybridize blasters, they took some of their ideas past the wet-dream stage. They're both good natured guys whom I'm privileged to call my close Nerf friends, along with a few select others here.

Insult Nerf to any of these guys, and Groove will shove a crossbow up your nether reigions, before the Clan gives you an atomic drop, Shinny will thrash you, then Talio will stomp you out with his size 18s. And then cxwq will suspend you and VACC will do color commentary. The end.

When they speak, Piney listens.

My personal nomination and vote;

--NerfHaven staff, besides me.

--One Man Clan and Groove.

--Any NerfHaven member with member number before 100, or who registered before 2004, who is still relatively active.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#31 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

I say that the ones who deserve the credit are, as piney said, those who expend large amounts of (otherwise priductive) hours working on guns, going to matches, and participating, those who expend large amounts of money, and those who have stuck by the sport all along.

I say all the staff--colectively.
and all those others like Bolt and OMC who put alot of effort into this kinda stuff.

*and frankly, I really dont give a shit who gets the totally bogus title of best member, Im only putting this cause im bored. -goes back to playing SOCOM FTB2-
We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

#32 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:49 PM

My personal nomination and vote;

--NerfHaven staff, besides me.

--One Man Clan and Groove.

--Any NerfHaven member with member number before 100, or who registered before 2004, who is still relatively active.

I think those maybe 8-10 people(Staff, OMC, and Groove) are about the only people that fit into the third criteria...

Those people are(took me 5 minutes):
Evil, ItallionStallion(Trading count?), Kuhlschrank, Bolt(Past 100, but before 2004), Dark Shrimp(Only really been nerfing a year), Thrist(Become a lurker?), Ice Nine, crankymonky(Taking after your brother?).

I am not saying that Piney is wrong or that these people don't count, but there are very few.

Found an interesting anomaly. Mr. X, joined in July ’03 has no group. No posts and no group…

Edited by RAMBO, 26 December 2006 - 11:00 PM.

#33 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:53 PM

I don't think we should have popularity contests. It might make some members feel left out.

I think Piney is the best member...He does a nice, and always humorous forum moderation job!

What the hell? Self-contradiction in one post?!

Stop fucking sucking up, its disgusting my eyes.

You phrased it nicer than I would have...

As has been said before, although they are contradictory standpoints, there is no best nerfer, and yet there almost is. When people are so varied in fields of nerfing from modification to homemades to general ass-kicking at wars, there is never and will never be a clear-cut winner for best nerfer. Yet, at the same time, there are those such as Groove and One Man Clan who devote themselves to Nerf, and therefore deserve recognition and respect. If you feel that one person is better out of the 2700 members of this site, then that is your own personal opinion. Since the entire "who is best" concept is based on opinion, this thread is fundamentally flawed.

Recognize devotion. Recognize talent. Ignore comparisons of the two.

P.S.: Piney:
I heard that Talio wore size 20 boots...

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 27 December 2006 - 02:05 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#34 nube

nube

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:27 AM

Boltsniper for his homemades. ForsakenAngel for best mod for Pump Shotgun or BBB.

Edited by nube, 27 December 2006 - 12:29 AM.

QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 6 2007, 04:59 AM) View Post

I really should reevaluate my Nerf carreer. I have been ultimated multiple times in a war, shot by a girl with an arced NF, and EMBARASSED by a 6 year old in quidditch on xbox. What am I doing with my life?

#35 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:24 PM

I have to say that the best mod ever was carrtoon's DTG" Quickshot"
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users