My Gun, Red X

Now THIS is at2k bliss...

15 replies to this topic

#1 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 01:54 PM

Hey all! I wanted to see what the guys at NH thought of my gun. I have already done this at NHQ, but the people there are poo poo heads.

Posted Image

^ This is the gun from full shot. It appears to have one big black barrel, which looks scary...

Posted Image

^ I wrapped duct tape around the clear part and put it back together, giving it a nice look.

Posted Image

^ There is a nice ornament on the pump to give it some class. I recently changed this, so it looks a bit different and not as pretty as the picture.

Posted Image

The barrel seems to be a single black huge barrel, possibly firing a big blast of some sort. This doesn't seem scary when you sit and think about it, but it will when your nerfing and your brain doesn't work like it does when you're calm.

Posted Image

^ A closer look (either when examining it or about to get your face shot in with it) reveals that there are 4 small brass barrels inside, just as a normal multi barrel mod. The purpose of the big barrel is not really to intimidate, but to protect the brass inside. I dropped it twice before (I practice gunspinning, and I'm pretty good), and both times it fooked the barrels up, so I fixed that, and stuck a big barrel on there. A few things I have done are add an ornament to the rear part, where the clear thing is, and stuck 17/32 barrels down the 9/16 ones for a tighter fit on bullet stefans. It's really heavy now, but worth it. I love my gun, and the only thing I want more than that is to make 3DBBQs blue ribbon gun (I still wouldn't give Red X up though.).

Tell me how you like it! I'll tell you how to make it if you want too. :)

Edit: I forgot to say that my favorite target with this gun is a lego/mega blox robot dude. If you hit it dead on it like explodes blocks all over the place. It's cool and realistic. Try it with a powerful gun like mine!

#2 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 02:05 PM

Oh I have seen that gun before, I guess on NHQ. Any ways nice I like it but I don't think many people are going to think you only have one shot after one battle.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#3 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 02:09 PM

For gods freakin sake I know that! It's a subconcious thing, and really only has effect during the first couple of battles. The gun just looks sweet.

Oh yeah, and it would be really effective on idiots (like the kids I used to have rubber band gun wars with).

#4 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 02:16 PM

I guess you could consider me one of those people. I used to shoot pen caps with a rubber band. I like the gun though it looks pretty sweet. I am sorry if you posted this and I missed it but what is the range of the gun?
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#5 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 07:11 PM

Well, I haven't measured, but It is just a 4 barrel brass at2k. Nothing really increases the range. I'm betting it gets around 90 feet flat.

#6 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 07:33 PM

Cool gun, nice look to it. The barrel covering doesn't hinder rotation at all? Anyways, nice work, the cover looks really cool. (Nice icon, by the way...)
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#7 mr box

mr box

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 07:50 PM

I thought barrel rotation on the 2k was manual?

Nice mod in any case.
"Oh and Box, you have quoted me incorrectly so fix your sig!"
~Spoon

#8 SniperWolf

SniperWolf

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 08:19 PM

I thought the same thing. don't you have to rotate it manually?
My children...They beat me...

...with sticks and buckets.

My wife...she is hairy...

...like sasquatch.

#9 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 08:43 PM

Yes, it is manual rotation. The big barrel does not hinder performance in ANY way other than....ummm...... well thats it.

#10 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 10:28 PM

It's cool and realistic

Thats for sure. Anyways, I'm guessing you rotate the barrels by turning the big one right? You don't have to reach into the big barrel or anything do you?
Happiness is a foam gun.

#11 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 10:55 PM

Naw dude that would be REALLY dumb. The big barrel is attached to all the small ones, so when you turn the big barrel, it turns the little ones. So no, you don't have to reach in there.

Anyways, I just did the coolest thing! The at2k pump is so fooking small that it practically killed my hand :wacko: . So I cut some 3/4" pvc in special ways to fit the pump, and taped it on there. Now the pump is about 7 inches, and much easier to pump. Also, there is a bonus to this, which I love. I used a film canister for a cap to the end of the PVC, and I can drop ammo inside the pump to use later. With my bullet stefans, it holds 6-7 shots, but with normal 2 inch ones it only holds 3. Now it rocks majorly, and I have even glued a bent over nail to the back of it to stick a rubberband on it for an auto return pump and it holds it in. I do this with all my guns (except for the nail part. I usually tape them on there.)

If you want pics just tell me.

EDIT: Has anyone noticed NHQ has been down for like 2 days?

#12 SniperWolf

SniperWolf

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 06:46 PM

be careful not to overmod it. I did that a few times and it leaves the gun very unpractical for most wars. But so far, you did a great job.
My children...They beat me...

...with sticks and buckets.

My wife...she is hairy...

...like sasquatch.

#13 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 07:18 PM

Well, thats kinda too late.... But it still is my fave gun. It's bigger, but still my fave. I put foam padding foregrip on the pump and it also holds a ramrod for ramming darts down the barrel. It's a great gun, but I fear I may have made it too big... Almost...maybe... Ill post pics in a sec. Gotta do my schoolwork. It doesn't even look like an at2k anymore....

#14 waspy

waspy

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 08:17 PM

that's not a homemade this should be in the mods section
GO CANUCKS WIN WIN WIN YOU GUYS BETTER WIN -me

#15 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 12:04 AM

Don't bring up old topics just to tell them that it is in the wrong section. This topic was deceased.
You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
- Taggart (Blazing Saddles)

#16 BlizZard

BlizZard

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 04:11 PM

Must be heavy...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users