Crossbow Help

In dire need

7 replies to this topic

#1 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:15 PM

Hello again, the title says it all. My crossbow isn't performing like it should. The barrel has been relocated, where most people relocate theirs. It has a piece of 17/32" brass hot glued right on the plunger. It has been banded many times. The spring has been replaced with that of the Defender T3.

Posted Image

There is a 1/2" PVC coupler and 1/2" pvc for support. I have no idea why this happens. If anyone can help in any way please comment. Later I will be posting a corresponding video to go with the poor ranges.

Heres the Video:Posted Image

Edited by l337n3rf3r, 24 December 2006 - 12:05 AM.

Wii would like to play with you.

#2 bigbob

bigbob

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:22 PM

Before I wrapped the plunger head with electrical tape and lubed the plunger tube, I hardly got 10' out of my X-bow. That could be your problem.

#3 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:28 PM

Have you checked the seal on the gun? That might be the problem. Can you vacuum load darts? I think that means there's a good seal, since my Pump Shotgun does that... You might need to wrap some electrical tape around the plunger head then add the O-Ring.
It could also be the barrel friction. How tight are your darts in your barrel? If they are pretty tight, maybe a telescopic barrel would work better. I'm not real sure about anything else, since I don't have a Crossbow.

#4 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:35 AM

It could be that you're using stock darts, the whole idea of using a longer barrel is so that darts(stefans) can travel all the way down it and not just be stuck in the end. The only other problem i could think of is that which has been stated already, make sure your plunger head is sealing properly, might want to go the captain slug method by using two washers and a gasket if you want to put that much time/effort/money into your gun.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#5 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:06 AM

I've ran into this a long time ago. In general, brass is not conducive for stock darts. Try using 1/2" CPVC if you intend on using stock rounds. Also, if you install a 1/2" CPVC barrel, the barrel would be best if it were around 6".

Hope that helps.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#6 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:06 AM

It could also be the length of your barrel. It might just be me but it looks a tad bit long. Whats the size of the barrel?

Retiate. I am glad to hear you modded your pump action shotgun.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#7 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:21 AM

I think it's because your using stock darts. If you want to increase ranges with those, get a piece of 1/2 pvc, it fits stock darts well. That way the dart can travel down the barrel to gain more momentum.

Retiate. I am glad to hear you modded your pump action shotgun.

Without your write ups, I never would have bought it. I probably never would've even known about it...
But I have it, and I love it. It is by far the most feared gun out of all the guns in my group of Nerfing friends. It's the only gun that people will hesitate to rush at; if I point it at someone, they'll back up or seek cover.

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:49 AM

Yo dude, it's already been said in a few ways, but let me give you the jists.

First off all, you need to be using stefans. Nobody uses stock darts at all and if you are going to use them you need to ditch the brass and put some straight 1/2" PVC on that thing. Then get some of those red screamers. They work great with that set up.

If I were you, I would stick a couple on that thing and make it breach loading, then use some stefans. The problem you're having now is that you're sticking a dart right into the barrel up front, so the darts not reaching it's maximum velocity.

Let us know if you plan on using stock or stefans. If you need to catch me on AOL at some point, I'd be glad to talk to you about this all you need.

And by the way, really good ammount of info there. That video really helped quite a bit. This is pretty much what I wish every member would do when they have a problem with their gun.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users