Mod For Bbb

simple

10 replies to this topic

#1 nerfispwnage243

nerfispwnage243

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:24 PM

hi, this is my first real write-up, so enjoy!
ok open the bbb up. it should look like this:
Posted Image
now, take the barrel out and take these out.
Posted Image
then saw/dremel a little bit off the barrelso the teeth things aren't there anymore.
ok, on to the barrel. I used this piece of brass:
Posted Image
ok, now cover the brass with two to three layers of electrical tape. then put it in the barrel like so:
Posted Image
(if you don't care about barrel extensions, stop here) ok, i used this:
Posted Image
(it is actually the original longshot barrel covered in a layer of e-tape)
now screw the bbb back together and you're done!
Posted Image

Edited by nerfispwnage243, 08 May 2007 - 09:25 PM.

#2 Master Yogurt

Master Yogurt

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

Ok, a few tips.

First, use capital letters and proper grammar, it'll make you more well-respected around here.

Second, a picture may be worth a thousand words, but not when it's fuzzy and everything is covered in e-tape. Learn to use the macro function on your camera or buy a tripod. Use better descriptions and explain what you've done - you're excited about it, so explain what you did in full detail so we can understand.

From what I've gathered you extended the BBB barrel and added brass to the back?
Come to PANO!

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back. The Trooper

#3 nerfispwnage243

nerfispwnage243

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

Ok, a few tips.

First, use capital letters and proper grammar, it'll make you more well-respected around here.

Second, a picture may be worth a thousand words, but not when it's fuzzy and everything is covered in e-tape. Learn to use the macro function on your camera or buy a tripod. Use better descriptions and explain what you've done - you're excited about it, so explain what you did in full detail so we can understand.

From what I've gathered you extended the BBB barrel and added brass to the back?

Well about the barrel, i cut the barrel short enough so the teeth that used to be there are gone. then I took a piece of brass and I covered it with enough e'tape to make it stay in the old barrel and not get shot out.

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:28 PM

Resize your damn Gi-normous photos!
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#5 nerfispwnage243

nerfispwnage243

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

Resize your damn Gi-normous photos!

Hehe... sorry about them, they were bigger than I had expected them to be. I will try to do this as soon as possible.

#6 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

Not bad for your first mod. A little bit more details and less-fuzzy photos will make a big difference.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#7 nerfispwnage243

nerfispwnage243

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:07 PM

OMG!!! I forgot to put ranges up, so here they are!

85'
89'
90'
84'
92'
94'

PS: Ranges were done outside with taggers(unconverted) Oh, for some reason my bbb sucks with stephans (gets about 45' with them), so, any help with that would be appreciated,

#8 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:09 AM

I am going to guess why your ranges with stefans are so short:

Your actual barrel length is way too short.

Your "longshot extension" barrel is the really long thing in electric tape, correct? I'm guessing that makes a partial seal with the head of the tagger dart, making your effective barrel for taggers long.

With stefans, the air passes right past the stefan since there is no "head" that seals (even partially) with the long ass longshot barrel..cosmetic..black..thing.

Possible fix?

Get rid of the cosmetic longshot barrel and replace it with 10" of 9/16 brass. That'll get your stefans moving (but your unconverted taggers won't be shooting as far anymore).

EDIT: the above post only makes sense if i'm visualizing your barrel system correctly. Honestly, i can't see what's going on with all that electric tape, so i'm guessing.

Edited by frost vectron, 09 May 2007 - 12:12 AM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#9 nerfispwnage243

nerfispwnage243

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:12 PM

I am going to guess why your ranges with stefans are so short:

Your actual barrel length is way too short.

Your "longshot extension" barrel is the really long thing in electric tape, correct? I'm guessing that makes a partial seal with the head of the tagger dart, making your effective barrel for taggers long.

With stefans, the air passes right past the stefan since there is no "head" that seals (even partially) with the long ass longshot barrel..cosmetic..black..thing.

Possible fix?

Get rid of the cosmetic longshot barrel and replace it with 10" of 9/16 brass. That'll get your stefans moving (but your unconverted taggers won't be shooting as far anymore).

EDIT: the above post only makes sense if i'm visualizing your barrel system correctly. Honestly, i can't see what's going on with all that electric tape, so i'm guessing.

Actually frost vectron, your visualization is correct, and I never really considered it before, thanks a lot!

PS: I put so much tape on it because i like e-tape, and so that way the barrel won't shoot out every single time

#10 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:39 PM

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with e-tape.. personal preference, I suppose.

The thing about your barrel... it's almost as if you used 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC on your BBB. The head of the micro makes the seal with it, not the foam body. This is why you're getting pretty good ranges with stock darts.

If you used something that sealed around the foam body (of the length of around 10"), you'd get great ranges with stefans.

So if you use stock darts mostly, I think this set-up is just fine (while I'm not a fan of the longshot barrel because of the weird textures on the inside of the pipe, it seems to be working for you! 80-90' seems about right for a BBB). If you're going to be using stefans most of the time, you might want to consider changing it up a bit.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#11 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:03 PM

Looks good. I think I might do this mod when I get my BBB.
Yeah make the photo's smaller and clearer, it's kind of hard too understand what I'm seeing.

Edited by Dayko, 10 May 2007 - 12:02 PM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users