Photo

Youtube Find- C02 Powered Wildfire/quick Disconnect

12 replies to this topic

#1 MFRnync

MFRnync

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:50 AM

I know external air sources are soemtimes extremely erotic by nerf purists but I thought this was extremley interesting. It appears to be a fully functional C02 powered wildfire.
carpe scrotum- grab life by the balls, sustaining member of the always outnumbered but never outgunned toy gun modifiers guild.

#2 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 12:00 PM

Good try.

But it's been mentioned before, by the guy who allegedly built it. The jury is still out whether he really was the yamo1231 who made it, but it was pretty mean nonetheless.

I'd rag you about searching, but yamo had the name wrong anyway (he called his a Firestorm).

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 MFRnync

MFRnync

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:08 PM

My mistake, and your'e right I should have searched, sorry.
carpe scrotum- grab life by the balls, sustaining member of the always outnumbered but never outgunned toy gun modifiers guild.

#4 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:20 PM

Just wondering, why is a jury going after this person for making a CO2 powered nerf gun?
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#5 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:31 PM

Just wondering, why is a jury going after this person for making a CO2 powered nerf gun?

They're not going after him for making it, they're trying to decide if he did make it.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 23 December 2006 - 08:32 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#6 agentM192

agentM192

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:52 PM

I wonder how hard that thing shoots.
They aren't weapons. Don't call them weapons. They're only weapons if you make them so.

#7 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:39 PM

I wonder how hard that thing shoots.

No way to be sure, especially since it looks like the firing system and barrel rotation system are independent and possibly not aligned correctly. Then again, we could ask yamo1231 to see if he knows and really did do this mod.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:06 PM

Well, all you would really have to do is replace the stock bladder with a pressure regulated (somewhere between 30 and 70 psi) CO2 input and the normal mechanism should work fine as long as you don't run it too long because plastics don't fair well under extreme cold. Not that that is a serious problem since it empties out so quickly.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:06 PM

It wouldnt hit too much harder because the C02 tank dosent propel the dart but just simply moves the piston. It might hit harder if the piston had a larger spring or some rubberbands were added. Also the firing mechanisim or piston is hitting at the right time and the rotation is correct. In the video the soud is just off.

#10 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:18 PM

He's right, the only thing that actually pushes the darts is the piston. And I do believe there is a piston mod for the RF20 that grants you more range. Whether he did that mod or not, I don't know. But that's the only way it would shoot harder/farther. I do doubt that the piston was modified though because of the speed of the turret. The piston moving faster would turn the turret faster. I think that is someone moddified their RF20 or Wildfire this way and did the piston mod, you would get insane RoF and range. At least, for those guns that is.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#11 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:11 PM

Yes I do think he did mod his Wildfire but it dosent shoot harder as I explained before. The only reason I know this is because I moded my Wildfire like this http://nerfhaven.com....php?t8431.html

Could someone give me a link for the piston mod for the RF20 or even better for a Wildfire. Also how come there is so few Wildfire mods and its rarely mentioned anymore?

#12 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:42 PM

You do realize that this topic is four months old, right? But about the Wildfire, it's a relatively old gun, I believe. I don't know of anyone that even has one or had one at one point.

#13 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:03 AM

God micheal, you keep on posting in dead topics. Look at the little date in the top of the post. ^_^

ps: I'm just playing, but seriously, stop posting in topics this old.

Edited by DarkInfection, 10 May 2007 - 01:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users