At1k Mods?

anyone know of any AT1k mods?

3 replies to this topic

#1 josh

josh

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 10:34 AM

I need to make the AT1k a better gun.....can anyone help by giving me some mods ,thanks.

#2 NET

NET

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 12:15 PM

airtech 1000 mod

Here ya go.

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 12:22 PM

Net, you said it gets 50 feet max...is that angled or flat?...
Is the velocity good?...
How long is your barrel?...

Thanks.
ko

#4 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 11:25 AM

With the AT1k and similar guns, (SM 250 and SM 350), the plunger/ chamber are quite small, and the spring isn't all that strong either, so you're best off with a short barrel, not much longer than the dart you're using. If you're using 2 inch stefans, go with a 2 1/4" barrel. The modification from the LaMario's site is pretty much the standard, and a good mod. It's what I also do to mine.

You want the barrel to be tight enough to hold the dart in until the moving plunger develops enough positive pressure to overcome the friction and pop the dart ahead...but not so much that it remains stuck in the barrel. That's why cx's telescopic brass barrels work well. I use a different barrel material for my weak plunger guns and I get some pretty good results.

It's all trial and error. Good luck!

*edit*; I get about 35 - 40 feet off my four SM 350/ AT1k's...they're not really long range guns. Think of them realistically as side arms and not primaries and you'll be happy.
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users