At3k Barrels.

can i maybe use bread?

8 replies to this topic

#1 jim

jim

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 12:55 AM

I just finished modding the inners of my AT3K, but I came to the barrels and was stumped. I read a lot about the barrels before, and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what I should do.

I thought about PETG, but is that expensive? And how easy is it to handle? Also, what size stephons will it be able to fit? Is PTEG sort'a like 17/32" brass or 9/16"?

Then there's brass, Langley suggested, but I'm not sure. I read somewhere that that may be too heavy for the AT3K.

Is there anything else I can use for the barrels?

And while I'm at it, to conserve space on the board, I don't exactly have a workshop, I have a saw and my hands. What do all of you do to saw off your nerf barrels? I know that sounds kind of dumb, but I'm kind of a dumb guy. I used my hand-saw thing but that's really sloppy cutting. So I'd just like yer input. Thanks.

jim and stuff.

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 01:12 AM

Hey there Jim.

I just sent 400' of PETG to Iron Rhino who will be selling it in relatively small amounts for not all that much money. There's a thread around here somewhere with info or you can PM him and request info.

'My' PETG is very slightly smaller ID than 9/16" K&S brass, but considerably larger ID than 17/32" K&S brass.

I cut brass, PETG, whatever, with a small hobby-style hacksaw and my hands. Despite having a work bench, dremel, etc, I prefer hand tools for most of my mods.

In fact, I did my at3k (in the mods section) entirely with hand tools:

Posted Image
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 mr box

mr box

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 02:25 AM

Spoon's 3k is brass modded and it seems to perform well. I guess it really depends on your preference and your darts...test several materials and see what fits your darts the best. 1/2" FBR is funny stuff, it comes in all sizes.
"Oh and Box, you have quoted me incorrectly so fix your sig!"
~Spoon

#4 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 02:18 PM

Will copper work?im coppering my friends but am just making sure.....

hiss..........
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#5 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 02:22 PM

Copper worked on my friends at4k so I think it should work on the 3k.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#6 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 02:28 PM

k cool thanks

hiss..............
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 06:08 PM

Your friend copper multi-barrel modded a 4k?!

Aren't the barrels too close together on the turret to fit copper?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#8 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 01:30 PM

No copper fit just fine and the gun gets around 60-70ft.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#9 Wax

Wax

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 06:26 PM

Your friend copper multi-barrel modded a 4k?!

Aren't the barrels too close together on the turret to fit copper?

Ya know what, I did essentially the same thing about a month after the AT series was released. I used electrical coupling pipe that fits Nerf micros. It fits, but it's way to freakin heavy. The rotating mechanism doesn't always work. Mine gets about 80ft, but is pretty much un-usable because of it's weight and reluctance to rotate the barrels. Using PETG with mini stefans would be much better. Anyway, my point is that it's definately possible.
Wax in the Nerf universe, wax4213 everywhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users