Photo

An Idea For Hasbro.

27 replies to this topic

#1 yourmomsanerfer

yourmomsanerfer

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:55 AM

Im the weirdo kid that keeps everything. So i was going through and reading all of my boxes from the guns i have bought. I read through some of the instruction booklets online, and i noticed something; all of the weapons are geared toward good guys. Wheres the props to the bad guys?

If you think about it, you cant have good guys without bad guys. So, what would all of you have to say to a possible nerf line in the direction of bad guys?
tag! no tag backs

#2 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:35 PM

That would be awesome although being a "good guy" is really all a perspective if you ask me.
QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#3 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:08 PM

You know what a cool gun would be? One that attaches underneath the longshot and shot balls. Kind of like a grenade launcher.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#4 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

The good guys weapons should be reliable and single shot while the bad guys weapons should be overly complicated and jam often. You can always just look at nerf as a supplier, good guys and bad guys can use the same weapons. It's all just marketing thing when you think about it and it's all the same to me as long as their designs are solid and kick ass.

#5 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:56 PM

Im the weirdo kid that keeps everything. So i was going through and reading all of my boxes from the guns i have bought. I read through some of the instruction booklets online, and i noticed something; all of the weapons are geared toward good guys. Wheres the props to the bad guys?

If you think about it, you cant have good guys without bad guys. So, what would all of you have to say to a possible nerf line in the direction of bad guys?

In the N-Strike DVD, all the bad guys are robots, so it'd be kind of hard to make that work without introducing a new group of characters or releasing something along the lines of the cyber-strike line. I agree that'd it be really cool though. It'd be hard to guess what kind of guns they'd use though, they could just repackage and repaint the N-Strike guns, but that wouldn't be any fun. Perhaps some ball guns, like the Pulsator or Ballzooka that threw a large amount of foam in a small amount of time. Or they could repackage the Big Bad Bow and the RF20 as weapons used by this group of bad guys, maybe even throw the Big Bad Titan in there too with a new paint job.

As to Dark Shrimps idea of the grenade launcher on the front of the Longshot, I'm working on something along those lines and will post when I have something more concrete to talk about.

Edited by Cmdrmack, 12 December 2006 - 03:56 PM.

QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#6 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:40 PM

You know what a cool gun would be? One that attaches underneath the longshot and shot balls. Kind of like a grenade launcher.

I tried to do that just for a cool M-16 effect and it didn't turn out too well, I used a Reactor and it is too long.

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#7 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:23 PM

Screw M16. Go custom M4 with M203 grenade launcher.

That thing would be wicked.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#8 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

I agree, M-4s are the SHiZ!

WHy dont we try mounting a cut down ballzooka underneth the LS front?

Someone said that Hasbro should give the N-Strike lineup a new paint scheme.
They already have, it is the one with the yellow and no blue.

For badguy wepons, they could just rebody the existing guns in a shell with lost of red, and black, and silver-grey. the guns would have slightly lessrefined of an overall shape. opting more towards the sharp end of the spectrum(not dangerous sharp)
But I like the Idea of haveing the bad guys have all fullyauto weapons. Fire power over accuracy.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#9 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:16 AM

Check out Dangaard's cut down Titan/BBB integration, specifically as pictured in Dangaard's third post in the thread. Mount the minimized Titan to a Longshot Front gun for a removable grenade launcher/shotgun. I've done something similar with a flashlight that drops to the side rather than underneath, pictures and a writeup are forthcoming, but I think this could work really well for that purpose.

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#10 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:40 AM

Actually, I have been planning on putting AT2K innerds underneith there. I just havn't had the time. Thank God for Christmas break! But I haveto work with some space constraints due to my having a Captain Slug Shotty forgrip on it.

But what do you guys think about the Balzooka idea?
Dangaard's thing is more of a shotgun undergun. A ballzooka would be more of a grenade launcher.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#11 alhava

alhava

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:39 AM

While I approve morally and stylistically ofa "bad guys" line of guns (bad guys' stuff always looks way cooler) you just can't market toy guns to kids, and tell them to use them to be the bad guy. Mentally and marketing wise, Nerf can't do that. That is why the bad gusy are robots. Advocating shooting guns at non-human targets is easier. As was stated... Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

It's the buyer's decision to use the gun as a good guy, or a bad guy.

#12 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:20 PM

Generally speaking, the only difference between 'good guy' lines and 'bad guy' lines has been color changes. For me, that brings back memories of the legos underwater them, with the hydronauts and the aquasharks. They were essentially the same thing, just one had blue and yellow and the other had black and red. I think there is a similar thing with those LOTR crossbows which some people here had modded, one looked shiny and new for the good guys and one looked old and weathered for the bad guys.

Considering most changes are in color alone, changing the colors of a toy that looks vaguely like a gun from bright, happy, and non-threatening to something darker and therefore more easily mistakable(in law enforcement's eyes) seems like just an overall bad idea.

New gun designs are cool and all, just usually when you want to bring 'good and bad' into play, the only difference is color to manufacturers.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#13 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:52 PM

Generally speaking, the only difference between 'good guy' lines and 'bad guy' lines has been color changes. For me, that brings back memories of the legos underwater them, with the hydronauts and the aquasharks. They were essentially the same thing, just one had blue and yellow and the other had black and red.

Dude! I loved the Hydro-shark Aqua-Naut sets!

Got Nerd?

#14 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 06:37 PM

I tried to do that just for a cool M-16 effect and it didn't turn out too well, I used a Reactor and it is too long.

That's what the front gun integration mod is for. I put a crossfire spring in the lower gun, and it's powerful enough to fire shotgun stefans, which provide a much better secondary weapon than a ball gun. (with better range, too)

Evil guns would be awesome, but I doubt Habro would do it. :P

Here's a good idea for Hasbro:

The Dart tag line has no long range guns/rifles at all (Hint Hint). Also, the N-strike line has no rapidfire guns (except the Hornet, which sucks).

Another good idea would be a clip fed pistol. :D

Probably dead by now, or something.

#15 agentM192

agentM192

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:50 PM

[quote name='AssassinNF' date='Dec 13 2006, 03:37 PM' post='96444']
[quote name='Cthulhu' post='96372' date='Dec 12 2006, 08:40 PM']
Another good idea would be a clip fed pistol. ;)
[/quote]
Posted Image
Just with darts.
They aren't weapons. Don't call them weapons. They're only weapons if you make them so.

#16 yourmomsanerfer

yourmomsanerfer

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:31 PM

ok, so, no bad guy. How about something along the lines of ninjas versus pirates. except i know ninjas wouldnt have guns but you know what i mean. Cowboys and indians (native americans) has been a game children have been playing for decades. Hasbro should create a new trend for the newer generation of kids.

- joby
tag! no tag backs

#17 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:55 PM

[quote name='agentM192' date='Dec 13 2006, 09:50 PM' post='96467']
Another good idea would be a clip fed pistol. ;)
[/quote]
Posted Image
Just with darts.
[/quote]

The grip of a pistol is too small for Nerf Darts, it would have to be stored in a forward compartment.

Something along these lines perhaps:

Posted Image

The bolt would be similar to the slider on a maverick, scout, or crossfire, but you'd push it forward to chamber the round. It'd have to be at least the size of a maverick, but if they could get it to have interchangeable clips with the Longshot it'd sell like hotcakes.

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#18 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:06 PM

The Cowboy vs Indians thing kinda went outta style when the space race began. And then there was StarTrek, which was marketed originally as a "Western", where cowboys= astronauts and the frontier = space. (Hence the "space, the final frontier" thing)
The closest things that Hasbro could do to get there, they have already done:

-Bow n' arrow
-BBB
-and the Mav

I don't see bringing that one back, being to feisable.

But back to the Good guys bad guys thing.
Most of us have probably seen the movie "Small Soldiers".
In it there are two sides, the Commandos and the Gorgonites.
(Ok so now ignore the plot of the story.)
Each are cool in their own way. Neither of them are truly evil. It is a matter of perspective. But they are against eachother. Hasbro could take a line in that sort of direction.

Got Nerd?

#19 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:58 PM

Each are cool in their own way. Neither of them are truly evil. It is a matter of perspective. But they are against eachother. Hasbro could take a line in that sort of direction.

Its funny because there actually was a small soldiers line. SM500 and SM5000 repaints.

#20 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:24 PM

Ninjas use guns, Deadpool is a ninja and he uses guns. So does Snake Eyes in GI JOE

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#21 PenguinCommando

PenguinCommando

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:59 PM

Deadpool is a super hero. His super power is that he is a ninja that can use guns while still being a ninja. :rolleyes:

and Snake eyes uses guns because it is part of his character. He used to be a full out ninja, but now he is a ninja that has lost his way. Fallen Ninji can use guns because that is part of what makes them fallen.

Outside of that ninjas should not be using guns. :D
Posted Image

#22 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:59 PM

Its funny because there actually was a small soldiers line. SM500 and SM5000 repaints.

I know, I just wish that they had been produced in a larger quantity, and that the series would have been expanded on. They could have doon some pretty sweet stuff with that.

Got Nerd?

#23 agentM192

agentM192

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:17 PM

I know, I just wish that they had been produced in a larger quantity, and that the series would have been expanded on. They could have doon some pretty sweet stuff with that.

Yeah but the soldier dudes had real guns and grenades, while the other dudes had like middle-ages weaponry. (Bows, maces, etc.)
They aren't weapons. Don't call them weapons. They're only weapons if you make them so.

#24 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:52 PM

[quote name='Cmdrmack' date='Dec 13 2006, 07:55 PM' post='96473']
[quote name='agentM192' date='Dec 13 2006, 09:50 PM' post='96467']
Another good idea would be a clip fed pistol. :angry:
[/quote]
Posted Image
Just with darts.
[/quote]

The grip of a pistol is too small for Nerf Darts, it would have to be stored in a forward compartment.

Something along these lines perhaps:

Posted Image

The bolt would be similar to the slider on a maverick, scout, or crossfire, but you'd push it forward to chamber the round. It'd have to be at least the size of a maverick, but if they could get it to have interchangeable clips with the Longshot it'd sell like hotcakes.
[/quote]

something like the Storm LS-2, eh?
i LOVE that gun...
i only need two to wreak hell...
btw, you can get extended magazines for these...
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#25 terrapin93

terrapin93

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:23 PM

On the topic of good guys vs. bad guys, maybe Nerf should do a World War Two weapons line. They could do Americans or British versus the Germans. That would be awesome if they came out with a British Sten Submachine gun. The only problem i see would be the bad guys weapons, because most parents don't like the idea of their kids imitating Nazis.
Dulce et decorum est, pro patri mori.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users