Photo

How To Make Smoke Bombs

33 replies to this topic

#26 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:24 AM

You just don't get it, unless you add baking soda to cool down the burning any aluminum can or foil will melt under the temperatures this shit burns at.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#27 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:17 AM

My Bad, Bud arent real grenades expendable, i wouldnt mind using one aluminum can per smoke grenade ill drink all the redbull I can, Besides its not like we will be making these everyday.
Wait lemme rethink that.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#28 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:04 PM

My Bad, Bud arent real grenades expendable, i wouldnt mind using one aluminum can per smoke grenade ill drink all the redbull I can, Besides its not like we will be making these everyday.
Wait lemme rethink that.

I am surprised that nobody has told you this before, but FIX YOUR GRAMMAR!

Uncle Hammer:
Thank you for clarifying the matter to all of the pyros-in-training. There's something called thermite that melts holes through anything from engine blocks to pavement. We're not making thermite, we're making smoke bombs. For that, you need a cool enough temperature to spare the casing in which the substance burns. I don't care if you want to melt a can every time you do this, but I caution you that nobody wants to trip and fall in a pile of molten slag during a war or any other day of their life. Plus, a thin-walled or easily-meltable case is just a bonfire waiting to happen when you light it in an area with plentiful vegetation.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 30 December 2006 - 08:11 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#29 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:21 AM

I didnt read every post in here, but i read the main ones.

i live in Adelaide, Australia, it is hard to find things like that here, but i found a place that sells potasium nitrate by 25kg bags for AU$27, which makes the sugar the expensive part.

the mix is 60% potasium nitrate and 40% icing sugar. i dont melt mine down because i have a gas stove inside and it just takes too long outside. i use icing sugar simply because its finer than the rest, make sure it is just sugar with no addatives. i just mix it up in a bown and the put it in big ziplock baggies and when i need to use it i pour it out onto whatevewr and throw a small length of lit fuse at it. something i have tried that works is dissolving some in boiling water so it is a really thick paste and then scoop it out onto a board and let it dry with a fuse in it, this isnt very affective though. something that works great is getting an A3 piece of gladwrap and puting the mixed powders over it, about 800g at a time, and putting metho in a spray bottle and spraying it while mixing it until its gets clumpy, then place it into toilet rolls or other cardboard tubes with a fuse out the top of each one, let them dry in a warm place out of sunlight for a few nights and then light the fuse and release. but a cardboard tube with the ends folded over, and full of powder with a fuse out the top work perfect.
-------
COREY

#30 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:27 PM

One sad thing about the large bombs is though, you don't really get the "boom" effect. I was expecting a small mushroom cloud or something but it just burned slowly and made a huge wide tornado like stream of white smoke, I was amazed but now I plan on adding a tad of gasoline, or something to make it all catch fire at once so I'd get the mushroom cloud I want. These things rock!

If you want a boom effect, you need to mix in a small amount of gunpowder in it. You know, saltpeter, sodium nitrate, and brimstone. I mixed it in at the very end of the cooking, and they did a little boom and went up in smoke. It sounded cool.

#31 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:07 PM

Also if its confined in a tin or similar, it will burn much faster. I filled a small eclipse mint tin with the powder and sealed everything with superglue, added a fuse and it made a loud bang and there was a large cloud of smoke
-------
COREY

#32 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:40 PM

Depends whether we are making grenades or smoke bombs. The only problem I see with the altoids can is fragmentation. That could really hurt some one and to put it simply thats all bad. You need to concentrate all the smoke pouring out one hole.

-Pharaon-

Edited by PharaonArin, 11 January 2007 - 11:40 PM.

#33 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:33 PM

If you want the smoke grenade shape, use tolet paper rolls as molds.

This made me relize that nerfers and pyros go hand in hand.

OHH, sorry :( forgot :blush:

Edited by Cennipe, 07 May 2007 - 09:16 PM.

"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#34 longshot555

longshot555

• Banned
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:25 PM

I’m not a moderator But PLEASE Read the code of conduct and doesn’t post in topic older than a week.

Edited by longshot555, 05 May 2007 - 03:26 PM.

Newb: Paintball is better than nerf, I mean common there weaker than hell.
Nerfer: Really want to take a shot to the balls with a titan?

Come check out my forum: http://zxnerf.yourfreebb.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users