Trousers

50 replies to this topic

#1 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 06:33 PM

Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em....or can we? Discuss.

VACC

#2 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 01:41 AM

Pants are for the weak.

Anything that requires me to put on pants and stand up shouldn't be legal. It's just not worth it in the end. Looks like that garbage I was supposed to take out isn't going out. My kitten? Yeah, she can use my sister's room for a litter box.

Pants? You can forget that.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 10:22 PM

Pants make my balls claustrophobic. I think they're pretty poor.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 11:50 PM

Claustrophobic...I just about crapped my pants when I heard that. That's funny...

#5 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 01:06 AM

If one would make their way to Crapheads Unonimous and look me up, one would learn that I am Lord High Destroyer of Pants.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#6 Sandman

Sandman

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 01:25 AM

My pants have been getting on my nerves today... While roomy, they interfere with my undergarments, constantly twisting into uncomfortable positions.

#7 Dan Cromer

Dan Cromer

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 01:35 AM

I'd like to come out in defense of pants. Pants are a vital invention, they hold our society together. Pants keep what should be in in, and what should be out out. Without pants, our packages would be vulnerable to a sneak attack. If one of your testicles hangs drastically lower than the other, and it was warm out, you can bet pants would keep that rebel nut hidden. Plus the thought of fat people without pants disgusts me. And there are far more fat people than hotties, my friends.

#8 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 09:55 AM

BLASPHEMER!

DEATH

#9 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 11:58 AM

...Pants keep what should be in in, and what should be out out. Without pants, our packages would be vulnerable to a sneak attack. If one of your testicles hangs drastically lower than the other, and it was warm out, you can bet pants would keep that rebel nut hidden...And there are far more fat people than hotties, my friends.

Hmm...good points. But the argument still remains that they get in the way more than they help out. I'm going to advocate this with an anecdote...

It was a hot Summer day. The bell for PE class to end has rung, so we were to return to our lockers and change. It was unbelievably hot, and my meat and potatoes were hanging down like a snake that had had all of it's vertebrae snapped. Due to the fact that we had just played Ultimate Frisbee for an hour in the relentless heat, my lugnuts and monkey wrench were sticking to the side of my legs. Sure, I tried putting pants on, but the sweat proved to be a more formidable foe than expected. I had to keep my pants off to aerate and ventilate my crotchal area. I asked my coach if we could not wear any pants to our next class. He said we must. Right then and there, in utter anger and disgust, I fell to my knees and wept. It was on that day that my hatred for pants spawned, and I vowed to put and end to them.

Hey, I see a comic coming about this whole thing...

#10 Duke

Duke

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 12:24 PM

Ahh, its good to be back.

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 12:39 PM

Let us join under one united front. Let us choose to believe in little pants. After all, they are half pants, and half not pants....the perfect garment.

VACC

#12 merlinski

merlinski

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 12:42 PM

It was a hot Summer day. The bell for PE class to end has rung, so we were to return to our lockers and change. It was unbelievably hot, and my meat and potatoes were hanging down like a snake that had had all of it's vertebrae snapped. Due to the fact that we had just played Ultimate Frisbee for an hour in the relentless heat, my lugnuts and monkey wrench were sticking to the side of my legs. Sure, I tried putting pants on, but the sweat proved to be a more formidable foe than expected. I had to keep my pants off to aerate and ventilate my crotchal area. I asked my coach if we could not wear any pants to our next class. He said we must. Right then and there, in utter anger and disgust, I fell to my knees and wept. It was on that day that my hatred for pants spawned, and I vowed to put and end to them.

Hey, I see a comic coming about this whole thing...

I'm not sure if I really want to see that in a comic strip...

But I think I have to go with Dan Cromer here. There are quite a few people in this world who really need to wear pants... all the time.

#13 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 02:49 PM

Pffftttt. Who needs 'em?! I've personally never liked them. As a kid, I'd run around in my underwear. And cowboy boots...but that doesn't matter. Pants are too...restraining! I need to be free. Pajama pants are fine though. As long as I have good circulation and a nice breeze, one way or another, I'm happy.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#14 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 02:52 PM

Real men wear cut-offs.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#15 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 03:35 PM

...I need to be free. Pajama pants are fine though. As long as I have good circulation and a nice breeze, one way or another, I'm happy.

Oh...I forgot about pajama pants! They're cool. They provide the coolness of plaid with the comfort of soft cotton without overheating the crotchal area. Mmm, indeed...I beleive neonerfer has made an exception to the pant hatred ideology.

#16 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 05:45 PM

You people are weak.

"Oooh, look at me. I wear PAJAMA pants; I'm, like, comfortable and stuff!"

Must you give in to temptation so easily?!? Resist! Resist the pants! Repent the pants, now, and the gods of Nudity might spare your tormented soul from the eternity in polyester leisure suits that is Hell!

DEATH

#17 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 06:20 PM

<slaps forehead> FUCK!

I knew I shouldn't have started this.

VACC

#18 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 07:50 PM

Hmm... Well, I'm partial to basic black pants, in the fasion of dress pants, so I'll just keep away from Death before he lights them on fire...

Oh, and on an off-topic note, Vacc, is that " Capt. Popetacious" title anything to do with the Pope? If so, I'd also recommend "Capt. Papariffic," or "It's Papariffic!" Though I'm sure the title has some roots to an inside joke.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#19 Dan Cromer

Dan Cromer

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 09:07 PM

Excellent, Nerf Haven's forums have sunk to the lowest forms of humor within mere days of launching. Keep up the good work, gentlemen.

#20 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 10:29 PM

And we're already not cool enough for Fred. I think my work here is done.

However, it is not without point. You see, this is the perfect example of why our moderation system will be so beneficial. This thread IS retarded, and I knew it would be from the start, as I'm sure did many others. However, it violates no rules or guidlines in simply being retarded. Under the normal moderation systems used by most forums this thread would grow and develop into another Effeminate 20 page plague as we saw so often on NO.

Yet, it will not be so with a karma based system. In such a case a capable moderation team would simply rank this thread down out of view. Once it obtains a low enough rating you will simply not have to see it. And as a consequence, those who would continue it would also fail to see it. In this way the thread would be effectively removed without destroying it, and as an action of the moderation team (which will better represent the feelings of a greater portion of the boards) as a whole.

VACC

#21 Dan Cromer

Dan Cromer

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 10:32 PM

And we're already not cool enough for Fred. I think my work here is done.

However, it is not without point. You see, this is the perfect example of why our moderation system will be so beneficial. This thread IS retarded, and I knew it would be from the start, as I'm sure did many others. However, it violates no rules or guidlines in simply being retarded. Under the normal moderation systems used by most forums this thread would grow and develop into another Effeminate 20 page plague as we saw so often on NO.

Yet, it will not be so with a karma based system. In such a case a capable moderation team would simply rank this thread down out of view. Once it obtains a low enough rating you will simply not have to see it. And as a consequence, those who would continue it would also fail to see it. In this way the thread would be effectively removed without destroying it, and as an action of the moderation team (which will better represent the feelings of a greater portion of the boards) as a whole.

VACC

Well, I was kidding, but yeah.

I must say that Karma Moderation system sounds like a great idea. I'd like to see it in action.

#22 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 10:43 PM

I know you were dude, but yeah, we all want this thing to get up and running as soon as possible. Right now we're looking at early 2003 to have it operational, but we're not really sure (it's a lot of damn coding). I just think it will make this a more enjoyable place for nerfers of any particular type to use. Anyway, that's enough plugging for the moment.

VACC

#23 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 10:46 PM

I am so digging this karma system guys. It's too cool. I can't wait to see it in all it's glory once this place starts to gather a much larger following. Which I know it will. Anyway, back to pants. I still think that cut-offs are king.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#24 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 04:17 PM

Posted Image

Sometimes a picture is more powerful than any word...

#25 JiF

JiF

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 05:23 PM

This topic brings up an odd yet insightful question.

I believe that pants are a "necessary evil." The real problem is not the pants, for alone they are unconstricting. The problem exists within the persons choice of undergarments. While I'm not one to "go freeballing," I most definitely prefer boxers over breifs, simply for comfort purposes.
-=JiF=-

"We don't necessarily discriminate, we just exclude certain types of people."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users