Weird firing design by Lanard

12 replies to this topic

#1 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:42 PM

I went to a small toy store near my job the other day and saw this thing sitting on their shelves.

Posted Image

It is made by Lanard Toys, but this is alot different than their last line, which we all know and love. Instead of their being a trigger, you just pull the handle back to fire, then push it forward to rotate the barrels and reprime the gun. It is also unusual due to the fact that it has two 4-shot rotating barrel assemblies. I am going to pick one of them up on Monday after work and see how it is.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#2 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:59 PM

I seen this same gun a few weeks ago and didnt think it was worth buying. You could cut the handle off and then use the rest of the gun to attach to another gun as a side arm.

Edited by The_Crackerjack_Man, 09 December 2006 - 08:09 PM.

"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#3 Mr Zarwid

Mr Zarwid

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:06 PM

Hmpft.....

I have not seen anything like that before, and I was just at a Wal-mart a few days ago.

It does look however, that the gun would be ungainly because of where you would have to hold it, with that curve and the priming handle on the top.

Nice find.

#4 Orange

Orange

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:18 PM

I picked one up probably 4 or 5 months ago, and while it's a neat enough little gun it's not very practical. The accuracy isn't very good due to the firing method and it's range isn't all that great. I've seen them at Value City and Dollar General stores for $5, so it's a good pick up for a collection due to it's uniqueness and price, but beyond that I'd suggest passing on it.

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:01 PM

Kind of FastBlast-ish in the way you fire it...

...Except the FastBlast looks a lot more comfortable to hold.

Perhaps a last-ditch weapon to keep nearby if you're camping.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:10 PM

That looks like it has some mechanics I'm interested in. Could anyone post the internals or sell me one for cheap?

Thanks.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#7 bigbob

bigbob

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 03:57 PM

OKay, this gun rocks. I bought one for $5 and am in the proccess of CPVC barrel additions. I am done with one turret and with a stefan I can get 70 ft. flat. I still have to work out the rotating mechanism though. I was planning on starting a topic when I finish in a few days. If you flip over the box there is a wierd gun called the J.A.M. blaster that appears to fire a giant missile. I also range tested it with the included darts and flat ranges were around 35 ft. while stock. The plunger chamber is the same reverse style as the maverick , but is close to an NF in size.

#8 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:33 PM

It looks like it is from the same series as as the sonic blast bazooka (I think thats the name of it, it's the one that looks like a mini LBB and fires arrow-missles). If it had a trigger it looks like it could have been pretty good.

#9 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:11 PM

Instead of their being a trigger, you just pull the handle back to fire, then push it forward to rotate the barrels and reprime the gun.

Sounds more like a Chainblazer / Rototrack to me... is there a spring that powers it or is it pnuematic? Orange?
"The 'dance goes on..."

#10 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:17 PM

I am going to buy one of them tomorrow for my collection. I might buy two just so I can open one up and see how it works. I'll let you all know tomorrow when I get home.

Just to add to this discussion another gun I found today. I saw it in a Pathmark in my town. It is made by Ja-Ru Toys and looks shockingly like the SSPB except it shoots for shit.
Posted Image
Anyone ever seen this one before? To my understanding, most Ja-Ru guns pretty much suck, but it was needed if I want to say my collection is all-inclusive. Good thing it was only two bucks.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#11 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:31 PM

I saw one of those in a dollar general. My friend got those darts somehow and they work better than nerf stock darts, by about 5-10 feet on my brassed NF.
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#12 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:20 PM

That looks like it has some mechanics I'm interested in. Could anyone post the internals or sell me one for cheap?

Thanks.

You should feel privileged FH. I've NEVER opened a gun in my life as I'm only interested in my guns being in one piece and functional. As a collector, I have no need to ever open up a gun and look inside or to monkey around with the internals, but I made this one exception.

Posted Image

I have some idea as to what I am looking at inside of this gun. The barrel rotating cylinder above the plunger looks just like the one that you can see in the Fast Blast, but a little more intricate. The spring is impressive, but the range is kind of lame. There is a gear system under each of the barrel assemblies that causes the rotation of them.

As for how comfortable it is to fire, surprisingly, it is quite good. It is designed to be fired by either holding the grip up or down, hence it's name the "Over Under", but it is much more comfortable to just hold it like a normal gun would be held. You don't get the accuracy issues that you would get from the Fast Blast due to the fact that you're not expanding the whole length of the gun to fire and it fires on the back pull, not the forward thrust, like the FB.

They also make a ballgun with similar design specs as well as a missile launcher, but I haven't seen the launcher to see if it spring-powered or just a ramrod construct.
As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#13 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, looks like it works like the Chainblazer / Rototrack then.

Except the hawt alternating dual barrel system. That's fun, wonder if you could replace the spring and get some sort of respectable range out of it... maybe short CPVC 1/2" barrel replacements like you'd do in an old school Nerf chain?
"The 'dance goes on..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users