Photo

Ghetto Homemade Bb Machine Gun

10 replies to this topic

#1 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:57 PM

I finished my ghetto BBMG today. If you don't know what they are their homemade guns that shoot bbs at a high rate of speed. Their are two types of BBMG's, clod and vortex. Mine is a cloud since it's easier to make. Here's a link to more info on these because I don't want to spend an hour typing it out myself. http://www.spudfiles...=BB_machine_gun

The cloud chamber is a small nutmeg container. It can hold about 200 beads, since I don't have any metal or airsoft bbs, I used regular beads from the craft section. The barrel is just a straw. The air source is a fire extinguisher. It holds like a P90 and has the same handle like one I guess. It's small but powerful for it's size. Sadly, the bbs go about 70 ft. and then start taking sharp curve's every which way. I'm guessing it gets about 20-35 beads per second.
Since the fire extinguisher has a special nozzle, I can get about 7 full seconds of airflow on a single charge, that's enough to empty the chamber.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here's a video of where I shred paper to bits, remember, it's only paper so It was a pretty weak target.
Posted Image
(Click the image/video to go to the link)
I still had about half a chamber left of bbs and only used some of the air up. Here's how many bbs went into the target.
Posted Image

#2 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:15 PM

Why does the target say nerf monkey?
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#3 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:17 PM

For shits and giggles.

#4 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

Sadly, the bbs go about 70 ft. and then start taking sharp curve's every which way. I'm guessing it gets about 20-35 beads per second.

That’s not bad. But you could probably get better range if you used beads that were made to be shot (like airsoft pellets).

Edited by Dart Attack, 09 December 2006 - 07:05 PM.

#5 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:24 PM

This is really cool and all... But why is this on a nerf site???

Meiser5--- B)

Edited by meiser5, 09 December 2006 - 08:25 PM.

Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#6 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:30 PM

This is really cool and all... But why is this on a nerf site???

Meiser5--- B)

Off topic for a reason?
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#7 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:43 PM

Sorry for the crappy post, I was in a hurry and was not in a thinking mood. I apologize. Like I said before, really cool. nice design. One question though... How good does it feel in your hands?

Meiser5---B)
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#8 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:08 AM

Sorry for the crappy post, I was in a hurry and was not in a thinking mood. I apologize. Like I said before, really cool. nice design. One question though... How good does it feel in your hands?

Meiser5---B)

It feels pretty good, not the best though, the fire extinguisher is scratched and it scrapes up may hands a little, the trigger could be a tad longer also.

#9 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:32 PM

How do you charge the air source? Does it hurt to get shot with?
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#10 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:46 AM

How do you charge the air source? Does it hurt to get shot with?

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7319
I don't know about the pain, I guess it would hurt as much as getting shot with 30 small cheap airsoft pistols all at once.

#11 agentM192

agentM192

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:15 PM

Cool. Must be similar to holding and firing a paintball gun.
They aren't weapons. Don't call them weapons. They're only weapons if you make them so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users