Longshot Modification, Clip Mod.

clip the clip.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:59 PM

I got my Longshot three months ago, and I've been modding it gradually. I did the basic Ar removal, added a BBB spring, removed the barrel post, all that good stuff. after adding the BBB spring though, I had to hold the bolt back about 1/4 " so I could put the clip in. I had read about this happening on the NHQ and NH, having read most of the proposed fixes for this problem and not liking any of them, I came up with my own.

All you do is take the LS clip and remove 1/4" of materiel from the the back of the clip, from the two "wings" on top of the clip.

Posted Image

the blue is where you cut and remove materiel.
Discretion is the better part of valor, thats why I carry a very big axe.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

What have I got in my pocket? (tolkien)

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:30 PM

Yes this has been done several times, I did it to all of my clips right after adding a second spring. Solves clearance issues between the bolt and the magazine.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:13 PM

Oh darn and here I thought I found something new. -_-

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

#4 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:29 AM

I just cut the bolt. Doesn't that make more sense, or am I missing something?

#5 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:08 PM

i think if you cut the bolt it would reduce the already bad seal between the bolt and the barrel. the main reason for this modification is so you dont have to open up your LS again because we all know how fun that is. /sarcasm

lots of screws.....

Edited by Dangaard, 09 December 2006 - 02:09 PM.

#6 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:06 PM

I did the same thing to my clips, but I cut off way too much. Any farther and I doubt my clips would've worked. >_<

Probably dead by now, or something.

#7 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:20 AM

Actually my seal is fine. Plus, now I can use any clip, unlike you unfortunately (Hence why I cut the bolt).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users