THE WINTER WAR since 2003

64 replies to this topic

#1 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:24 AM

Basic info for the war can be found below. If you have any questions, just post it. There are enough competent people around that it will be answered in short order.

Date: Saturday, January 6th

Place: Mill Creek

Time: 10 AM
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#2 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:31 AM

The 6th would work best for me and my gaggle of nerfers. If the 7th is better than I would just need to call out of work
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#3 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:37 PM

Having a Mon-Fri 9-5 job, I dont care eitherway. Both dates are equally good.

For that matter, and date until the 20th but after new years works for me.

Edited by Kuhlschrank, 04 December 2006 - 02:39 PM.

+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#4 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:43 PM

1/7.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#5 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:50 PM

Meh count me out, I doubt I will have a ride for either of those days. You guys will get to see more of me this spring though when I can finnally drive out of state woohoo, lets hope I will still have a car. Have fun guys and good luck with the planning.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#6 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:53 PM

I fall into the same category as Tyler. I can make almost any weekend, I just need adequate advance notice so I don't stupidly schedule something else that weekend.

I have a preference for Saturdays just so I have a day to recover before going back to work, but whatever day gets more people works for me.

Hopefully we'll hear from Rambo + Company, the Horsemen, The Fair Lawn Crew, maybe even some of our northern (MA) and southern (DC/VA) associates.

This is THE first war of 2007. It will set the pace for the entire year. Let's make it a great one.
I hate you.

#7 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:54 PM

Meh count me out, I doubt I will have a ride for either of those days. You guys will get to see more of me this spring though when I can finnally drive out of state woohoo, lets hope I will still have a car. Have fun guys and good luck with the planning.

Let's see, we've had Reckoning for 5 years now. We've had your excuses for at least 4 of those 5 years if I recall.

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#8 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:22 PM

I'm in, pretty much every day of every weekend at this point(I may have more commitments later, but as of now, I'm open). I don't have a company anymore Hersh(Bernie supported the stereotype too much for my likings :P), I will be alone for wars for awhile. Ideally for January(as there are no UFC events) Sundays work best because of Friday poker, but Saturdays could also work.

Edited by RAMBO, 04 December 2006 - 06:46 PM.

#9 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:18 PM

Either day works. If Hersh prefers a Sunday thats fine for me. I revoke my 1/7 suggestion and will let the date get picked by people with less flexible schedules.

I just need a few weeks in advance to ask for it off. Even though, I might be able to convince someone else to switch shifts with me.

Can't wait. 2007 is almost here.

#10 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:30 PM

Let's see, we've had Reckoning for 5 years now. We've had your excuses for at least 4 of those 5 years if I recall.

Well seeing as how I'm not 18 yet so I can't drive myself out of state, I don't think its my fault that I can't make them all. I try to get to the ones that I can get to, its just finding a ride tends to be a pain in the ass seeing as how its at least an hour and a half away. Oh and one year you didn't have my excuse, I was at phil's house ready to go but there was a blizard so you guys cancelled :P

Depending on how everything goes I plan to be at every war after January 31st, as long as I don't have track or something stupid along those lines. Oh and now there will be others that can probably come with me. Have fun with this one guys cause after this you're gonna have to deal with my pain in the ass self.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#11 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:57 PM

Since, I with others, live in the same town as leftnut, I'll try to go to as many wars as he can hopefully drive me to.

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:57 PM

Thats it! I have been modding for too long and have not yet been to a war larger than four people or been involved in a war with seriously modded guns. I will be coming from Ontario, Canada if there is enough of a turnout. A few questions. How much is this going to cost me to get there? Do I need a hotel or something? Are any other Canadians going that I could travel with? When it comes to modding I know my shit but when It comes to getting to a war in the states I am as blind as a child in the darkness. Quivering and afraid. Will I have issues bringing my nerf guns across the border? Is this a one or two day event? I need as much help as necessary.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 04 December 2006 - 07:58 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#13 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:59 PM

FA - Hop on MSN and I will answer your questions.

#14 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:36 AM

I will be coming from Ontario, Canada if there is enough of a turnout. A few questions. How much is this going to cost me to get there?

The war is located in Pine Beach, NJ. Use Google Maps to estimate the distance by car. If you fly, there are a variety of airports to use; Newark Airport will probably work best for most of us though. If you were to take a train, if you could get into Penn Station, and take a connecting train down to the Jersey Shore we could pick you up. I threw all those options out there, cause I am unsure of your mode of travel.

Do I need a hotel or something?

If you are serious about coming, a few of us will discuss who can lodge you. I'd rather not see you waste $200 on hotels.

Are any other Canadians going that I could travel with?

We've never had a Canadian. Finding a travel partner would most likely be your job.

When it comes to modding I know my shit but when It comes to getting to a war in the states I am as blind as a child in the darkness. Quivering and afraid.

We'll show you the ropes. It really isn't that hard to pick up. For starters, you are most likely better than me.

Will I have issues bringing my nerf guns across the border?

I have no idea. You could always mail them to one of us in advance to avoid that problem.

Is this a one or two day event? I need as much help as necessary.

The war is typically a one day event. We could most likely come up with a second day activity to make it worth your while. New York City anyone?

If you have any other questions, let me know.

#15 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:29 PM

Angel, I would advise against it. Winter wars are a pain in the ass if you haven't played much. It's probably not something you'd want to come to either, solely because turnout will be low I'm sure. The wars to come out for are APOC, DCNO, or SoCal wars. They have good turnouts and are worth the trip. Talk to me more about this though, as I am the one who has put the most miles in going to wars. No one can argue that point, although Groove is a close second with all those armageddons.
I hate you.

#16 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:41 AM

Shinny: It looks as if a flight is going to be too expensive and I cannot drive to the states yet cause my drivers license is not up at the class it needs to be to allow me to drive in other countries. A train seems like a good method and it is not something I have checked out yet. The drive is going to be like 9 hours plus. :(
I am worried that if I send one of my guns in the mail that I would be fucked and it would get stuck at customs forever or it wouldn't make it over the border.

Yeah lodging at someones place would be cool. I can pay them in Red foam.

I should be able to find a travel partner but the people who say they are coming are sketchy people and it would not be surprising if they backed out last minute.

OMC: You have a good point there. Why would a Canadian drive 9 hours just to get more snow and cold.
Besides if it sounds like its going to be a bad turnout then there is not point in me coming. I can keep shooting at coffee cans in my basement for now. I want my first war to be memorable. For the moment though I am seriously considering Apoc. Lets continue this thread about being the war. Any more ideas/thoughts on how to get Angel to a war should be done over pms.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#17 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:32 AM

I am worried that if I send one of my guns in the mail that I would be fucked and it would get stuck at customs forever or it wouldn't make it over the border.

As long as you make sure to fill out the right customs forms, you should have no problem. I had two Max Shots shipped to NJ from Canada and it worked out fine.

I also have to agree with OMC in that you should go to a war with historically greater turnout and much better weather.(Apoc, Armageddon, etc...)
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#18 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:06 PM

We talked on MSN and it sounds like we reached the consensus that everyone else thinks. We'll work something out for Apoc this summer.

#19 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:33 PM

I am most likely: IN... Ass long as my buddy OMC or RAMBO can scoop me up then there is no way I am going to miss this war.

Oh crap.... My grades.... I just remembered while I was typing and by then if report cards are in then no way I can go. But in all honesty I know I'm a retard for getting bad grades and If I cannot make this event then someone is going to pay. (Probably my bend-over buddy) But back on topic: I wouldn't miss thiss thing for the world(unless my grades keep me out) and I wouldn't give a shit if I had to sleep in a park. As long as I am not alone and Half-way warm then I will be fine.

This would be my first big war.

And About FA!!!! Please come! I have only met 2 canadians in my life! (And they were both Professional Hockey Players!!!!)
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#20 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:15 AM

Can we agree on 1/6/06? It is the first Saturday in January. The important thing is that we all remember to wear our thermal underpants.

#21 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:43 PM

Why would we need thermal underpants?

The sixth works.

Edited by RAMBO, 08 December 2006 - 12:44 PM.

#22 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:21 PM

Oh yea, Rambo, I guess I forgot that January is in Spring?

#23 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:21 PM

Oh you all who say you're "cold" need to learn a lesson. Cold doesn't exist, and don't argue because I will prove you wrong. I went for a 40 minute run in shorts last night in 25 degree conditions, so I will be at the war in shorts.

#24 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:41 PM

Its cold outside right now.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#25 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:32 PM

Oh you all who say you're "cold" need to learn a lesson. Cold doesn't exist, and don't argue because I will prove you wrong. I went for a 40 minute run in shorts last night in 25 degree conditions, so I will be at the war in shorts.

I will be at this war, hopeflly to play instead of just watch. At the very least I will be there tho treat RAMBO for hypothermia.

It wasn't cold for you when you ran because of the adrenaline running through your bosy as well as the constant motion of your muscles causing a minor increase iin your core body temperature. I'v dealt with cold conditions at some jobs so I know how it works.

By the way, Shrimp is right. It is cold out.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users