Photo

Need Some Help With My Mp3

3 replies to this topic

#1 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:48 AM

Okay, recently I bought a MP3 player. 2 gigs FY800 by MPIO. Unfortunatly it can only hold one out of the 2 gigs. Does anyone know why? And I dont think it is defective because I bought (and later returned) another MP3 earlier that week and it had the same problem. Help!

#2 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:31 AM

That gig of space can often be taken up with preinstalled software, drivers for PC/Mac/Linux, varying language installs etc.

I suggest you "Enable Disk Use" like with the iPod and browse to the drive in My Computer.
If you don't see anything make sure you go Tools > Folder Options > View Tab > Then select show hidden files and folders.
Have a look and see around. Some of my flash drives came preinstalled with encryption and file vault systems, and then the installers for all this software as well. This all adds up in terms of space.

As a final resort, delete everything and try installing Rockbox, I don't know if it will support your mp3 player, but it's an open source mp3 driver that people are using in place of the default SanDisk/iPod/iRiver operating systems.

Edited by taita_cakes, 03 December 2006 - 02:31 AM.

Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#3 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:49 AM

Well when I right click->Properties on the removable drive, it says 998mb is used and 1gb is still open.. And Rockbox doesn't work for my MP3. And the MP3 I have doesnt have any updatable firmware at the moment.

EDIT: I pressed Show All Hidden Files and I dont get anything.

Edited by six-five-two, 03 December 2006 - 02:51 AM.

#4 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:58 AM

I'll take this to PM's.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users