Photo

Magstrike Question

13 replies to this topic

#1 Lance

Lance

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:05 PM

I just got my magstrike and I want to do an easy mod to it. Will I get better ranges if I take out the air restrictors on the clip? I dont have any stefans, will it make my range better with the dart tag darts?

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:20 PM

Your Answer Here.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:58 PM

As funny as that was, that was a little harsh. Yes, you could remove ARs for slighty better range. Try Angel's mod. It's got a whole bunch of simple mods which could really help bring out the best in your Magstrike.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#4 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:01 PM

Lance:
Use the search key. It'll help more with this kind of thing.

The link for a decent mod is here:

Mod Page

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 24 November 2006 - 09:32 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:06 PM

I'm an asshole, disregard this post please.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 24 November 2006 - 10:21 PM.

SexD Warves

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:20 PM

Here's a novel idea: Maybe everyone can to unbunch their undies and try to be a little more helpful and less abrasive. Nerfmonkey included.
The Original Poster did everything in the posting guidelines and the only mistake was failing to use the search/stickies. In many ways the replies were more idiotic than the intial mistake, and that seems to be a reocurring problem here.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 24 November 2006 - 08:20 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 PBnJ

PBnJ

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:30 PM

I just got my magstrike and I want to do an easy mod to it. Will I get better ranges if I take out the air restrictors on the clip? I dont have any stefans, will it make my range better with the dart tag darts?

Well actually, there are no air restrictors in the clip. They're pegs. 'Cause afterall, the Magstrike is an air gun and it wouldn't work if there were air restrictors in the clip. Anyway, I wouldn't find much of a difference taking out the pegs but it's always good to squeeze in some range.

Edited by PBnJ, 24 November 2006 - 08:30 PM.

#8 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:30 PM

Try mine it adds lots of range.
And its easy.
http://thefoamfighte...topic/62.0.html
Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#9 funkyjake

funkyjake

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:46 PM

Alright megaman, I'm a little confused. Did you gut the internals of your magazine and just hot glue the barrels to the backing sheet of plastic, or did you slip the cpvc barrels into the preexisting ones? The pictures are a little unclear here...

#10 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:41 PM

I think all he did was take the posts out of the dart holders in the magazine, and then pry the original dart holders out to replace them with PVC. So, yeah I guess he did gut the thing first.

P.S.: You didn't have to be so hard on yourself, NM. It was mostly my fault...
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

#11 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 09:30 AM

Alright megaman, I'm a little confused. Did you gut the internals of your magazine and just hot glue the barrels to the backing sheet of plastic, or did you slip the cpvc barrels into the preexisting ones? The pictures are a little unclear here...

I pryed the back of the clip out, popped out the orginal barrels, and glued in the PVC. :angry: It adds quite a bit of range.
Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#12 Lance

Lance

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 01:56 PM

I did use the search key but I couldn't find the anserew for my question.

#13 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:03 PM

I don't remember anyone bringing up range differences between Dart Tagger Darts and stefans. Aside from me.
http://nerfhaven.com...indpost&p=93177

With the pegs removed from the clip converted dart tag darts and pink foam stefans worked best.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#14 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:04 PM

There's an easy mod here for the magazine. It's supposed to give a drastic increase in range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users