Pop A Cap Scenario

Inspired by Perfect Dark

7 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Nathaniel

Sir Nathaniel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:55 PM

Each player has a list of 5 random names not including his or her own. When this person is the "Cap" (target), s/he must stay alive as long as possible, and will recieve 1 point for each opponent s/he kills. The person who kills the "Cap" is awarded 5 points. The Cap then calls out the name of the first person on his/her list, therefore selecting the new Cap, and must cross off the name from his/her list. Everyone then of course goes after the new Cap. While you are not the cap, you do not recieve points for killing other player who are not the Cap. In a team setup, the teamates of the Cap must protect him/her, but they do not recieve points for kills at that time, only the Cap does.

#2 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:13 AM

These ideas always look wonderful on paper and in theory but they are just a too involved for Nerf.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#3 Sir Nathaniel

Sir Nathaniel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:51 AM

These ideas always look wonderful on paper and in theory but they are just a too involved for Nerf.

I don't really get what you mean, I've done stuff like this before, it's not hard to do.

#4 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:17 AM

I don't really get what you mean, I've done stuff like this before, it's not hard to do.

What my esteemed colleague means is that these rules add unnecessary complication without actually enhancing the core gameplay, at all. They are entirely extraneous.

Now, if you and those with whom you Nerf have fun playing such a game, by all means, go to it. However, most Nerfers would rather focus on the combat aspect of the game over superficial scoring methods.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#5 Sir Nathaniel

Sir Nathaniel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:40 PM

What my esteemed colleague means is that these rules add unnecessary complication without actually enhancing the core gameplay, at all. They are entirely extraneous.

Now, if you and those with whom you Nerf have fun playing such a game, by all means, go to it. However, most Nerfers would rather focus on the combat aspect of the game over superficial scoring methods.

Ah, yes, indeed it is complicated, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to be done with anymore than 16 people, I have only done it with 12, and that was a few years ago. But yeah, now that I come to think about it, it is rather complicated...but I like complicated, but that's just me.

#6 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

Sounds like a Rambomatch from Soldat, just with lists.

I'd just say do it like Soldat does it (minus the Rambo bow, that'd just make things difficult): Who ever is the "cap (as you said)" is the only one who can count their kills. Kill the cap and you become them. 'Nuff said.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#7 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:38 PM

*cough* Juggernaut *cough*
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 09:13 PM

Whoever is the cap / juggernaut / whatever could get a better gun, like a Longshot, while all the others are stuck with pistols. You could do that and not worry about points.

Instead of "if you're the cap you get to count your points," it'd be "if you're the cap you can own everyone with a better weapon."

Points are too much of a pain in the the ass in Nerf. It's fun when you change up the rules a little bit, but when points are involved it goes to hell. "I shot 3 people!" "No you shot 2!" blah blah argue argue. Then you have to watch two immature asses fight when you could be Nerfing. In wars with alot of people, you're bound to have arguements and dishonesty, but points just make it worse.

Edited by AssassinNF, 18 November 2006 - 09:14 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users