Photo

Magstrike Or Longshot

16 replies to this topic

#1 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:10 PM

I might be going to a store tonight, and I was wondering which one of these I should get. Is performance roughly the same? What about performance after modification? I am not afraid to open either gun and modify them, I actually think opening guns is fun just to find how they work. Any information would be great.

Guilo

#2 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • State:Mississippi

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:31 PM

If you just wany to modify something for fun I'd go with the lonshot. There's a deal at walmart that's selling two magtrikes for $49.97. It realy depends on what you like.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#3 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:34 PM

Well, thank you for the response, my only problem is I have $32 to spend... and I like both guns. I like using machine guns in airsoft and nerf... and I like losing in both. Which one is more versatile?

Guilo

#4 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • State:Mississippi

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:42 PM

I'd with the longshot. You'll run out of ammo quickly with the magstrike.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#5 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:47 PM

First off you cannot eat shit in NERF unless you happen to be Boltsniper!! The longshot in my opinion is more versitile because it has a descent range and is one of the most creatively modable guns on the market right now. On the other hand the magstrike is great out of the box and can be modded to fire three full clips like this mod by forsaken angel.
QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#6 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:55 PM

Ok, thank you. I have three last questions. Can the longshot take stefans? I made 26 of them last night... ammo really isn't a problem, and I have 40 dart tag darts... they work better in my hornet and scout. Anyways, my second question is does the longshot normally shoot farther then the magstrike when modified? And (finally) my last question. I might be against my brother, and 2 cousins (alone) next war. Which gun would work well in a loft roughly 60 feet long and complement my current loadout: Hornet (plugged pressure release valve and removed air restrictors), Scout (removed air restrictors), Dart Tag Blaster (removed air restrictors), unmodded Titan, and a snap homemade that I shortened the body and barrel, and made the spring stronger on to reduce my priming/loading time keeping the same power and near the same accuracy.

Guilo

Cthulhu, I stand corrected. I would have to agree with you there. I guess by the word 'eat shit' I meant taking accurate shots.

Edited by Guilo, 13 November 2006 - 08:58 PM.

#7 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:20 PM

Cthulhu, I stand corrected. I would have to agree with you there. I guess by the word 'eat shit' I meant taking accurate shots.

That is a profound statement because I think that is what most people mean. Sorry if my statement came off kind of harsh, but is is a fact of reality. Chack up on Boltsniper's FAR here and find out why.

You can mod any gun to take steffans although with the longshot it's a little more difficult. Yes the longshot shots farthe and can be modded to shoot quite far and be quite powerful (mine shoots through cardboard at about 5 feet away with my dart-tag steffans[idea courtesy of Falcon]). Also I think the longshot would be a better addition to your arsennal unless you get superior range with the homemade and can fire 6 rounds a bit slower than a maverick. Laslty I would recomend a NF to add to your arsenal. AnyaSeijin has four that he modded and was a force to be reckoned with at YANO. The magstrike is good for putting alot of dart in the air very fast but if you have no where to run inside and reload you are a gonner. Hope this helps

Edited by Cthulhu, 13 November 2006 - 09:27 PM.

QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#8 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:39 PM

Ok, thank you. I have three last questions. Can the longshot take stefans? I made 26 of them last night... ammo really isn't a problem, and I have 40 dart tag darts... they work better in my hornet and scout. Anyways, my second question is does the longshot normally shoot farther then the magstrike when modified? And (finally) my last question. I might be against my brother, and 2 cousins (alone) next war. Which gun would work well in a loft roughly 60 feet long and complement my current loadout: Hornet (plugged pressure release valve and removed air restrictors), Scout (removed air restrictors), Dart Tag Blaster (removed air restrictors), unmodded Titan, and a snap homemade that I shortened the body and barrel, and made the spring stronger on to reduce my priming/loading time keeping the same power and near the same accuracy.

Like Cthulhu said, it is a tricky mod(to make the Longshot compatible with stefans), but you seem to be quite proficient at modding, if you modded all the guns you mentioned.

I think the comparison of the two guns are more of a Range/Power vs ROF. The Longshot can be modded to be more of a primary that can shoot quite far as well as fast with a clip, but the magstrike can't be modded to go as far and as accuratly. Sure, the magstrike has a better ROF, but you would have plenty with a Longshot and your pistols.

I would take the Longshot if I were you.

#9 Yakuza

Yakuza

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:45 PM

Nevermind this post, RAMBO covered it clearly, and beat me to it.

Edited by Yakuza, 13 November 2006 - 10:47 PM.

QUOTE(Pineapple @ Oct 21 2006, 12:16 PM) View Post

When you really think about it, this forum is still pretty darn tootin' good. It's like any family; we have a mix of brains, 'tards, jocks, geeks, hos, burners, waistoids, dickheads.

-Piney-

#10 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:18 PM

Great thank you for all the responses. I honestly didn't expect this many because on airsoft forums which gun questions are... well... not normally taken too well (as in, they can become flame wars). And Cthulhu I see I was profound there... I misread your earlier post

Guilo

#11 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:44 PM

I have both, and right now, my Magstrike has a leak, and as far as I know, no one really knows how to fix it. Longshots are great guns, they can get ranges around 100'. Magstrikes are much faster, and Forsaken Angel got his ranges up to 70', and they can still go higher.
If your playing in a smaller area, go with the Magstrike, mine has some problems currently, but I guess some people didn't run into any problems with it.

#12 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:03 AM

I've been modding for a while (not like 15 years) and have many very successful guns (not like ShatteredDreams' SM750), but good ones, and the LS has eluded me to the point that it no longer needs clips. I have mine down to about the size a bit larger than an SF ( one of them), and the other is getting done. I still have to get my LS to hit 100, even with a perfect seal. I say the Magstrike owns all, but that is probably biassed because of the size of my wars, and why aren't you useing Stefans not CDTS? If you took out a Hornet's and Scout's ARs, they would have no barrell peg. I understant the DTG, but the Hornet and Scout?
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#13 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:37 PM

Well, I don't use stefans because I am still perfecting them, and out of my hornet and scout, they wobble everywhere through the air out of anything except for my snap, because of the longer barrel. Does that mean that they are too long? Also, last night, the hornet started to leak air, I pulled it apart, but I will be working on it today.

Guilo

#14 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:56 AM

Darts will only wobble if they're aerodynamically unstable. Caused by a severely irregular tip shape resulting in off-axis drag (the longshot's streamline darts come with this fault), or a weight inbalance, or unstraightened foam.

Having both I can honestly say I prefer the Longshot. It has more raw potential that's easier to tap than the magstrike and is just functionally more sound. The only thing I find lacking is the magazine capacity, but that's something I will eventually work on.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 16 November 2006 - 10:58 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#15 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:00 AM

Darts will only wobble if they're aerodynamically unstable. Caused by a severely irregular tip shape resulting in off-axis drag (the longshot's streamline darts come with this fault), or a weight inbalance, or unstraightened foam.

Actually FlamingHilt and I discovered that the fishtailing of the the STREAMLINE DARTS tm is caused by the hole in the side of the front of the dart. It creates un-even drag which results in the dart flying in an undesirable flight style and path.

Oh yea, and Gen. Cole: Can you put up a picture of the compacted LS?

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 16 November 2006 - 11:02 AM.

"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#16 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:11 AM

Yeah, that's what i said.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#17 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:30 AM

Ok, thanks. I got the Magstrike because I needed a gun to replace my Hornet before Saturday and all the stores I went to were out of Longshots, or just didn't carry them. Also, sorry about not getting back to you 2 days ago when I got it, the power went out for about 48-60 hours. My house was one of the last to get power back, and our generator doesn't work with the house.

Guilo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users