Photo

I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Dont believe me? I can prove it! Video Inside!

65 replies to this topic

#26 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:18 PM

Bastard

The point is, he was told by numerous people that he was lying; they told him to prove it. He fucking proved it. I'm sure he has a life, why would he waste time trying to prove a lie? He probably doesn't give two shits if you actually like him/believe what he says, so if in fact he was lying, I can't see him wasting that much time for this.

By the way echo - great job. On the gun and the proof.

Elf - that's me!

Edited by RAMBO, 12 November 2006 - 12:21 PM.

#27 bigbob

bigbob

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:19 PM

Bastard

The point is, he was told by numerous people that he was lying; they told him to prove it. He fucking proved it. I'm sure he has a life, why would he waste time trying to prove a lie? He probably doesn't give two shits if you actually like him/believe what he says, so if in fact he was lying, I can't see him wasting that much time for this.

By the way echo - great job. On the gun and the proof.

Elf - that's me!

Why would you waste time trying to prove a lie? There are many reasons. 1. Some noobs think they will fit in if they have an "extremely powerful gun" even if it isn't powerful at all. I thought that when I joined nerfhq. I would be banned if I lied about ranges here. 2. You get confidence thinking that you are doing the mod correctly, or even better than other nerfers have.
As for the argument, I would say that 400 flat is imposible unless the ground is covered in lubricant and the dart is skipping 200 ft. after being fired. 400 ft. angled is possible, but I don't see the point in this. Are you going to sit in a tree and eat shit people from 400 ft, breaking blood with every shot? I didn't think so.

#28 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:34 PM

If it does indeed shoot 400 ft, then shot someone at 100 ft and let us see the welt/ breaking of the skin.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#29 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:01 PM

Who gives a shit. If you could hit me with it from 300ft, then we'd have something. Let's move on.

Boom goes the truth.

I bet I could still dodge it. :D
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#30 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:12 PM

Elf AVec and maverickxx you both piss me off.

Echo I'll makke you a deal over PMs.

Another thing to add, did anyone else realize how accurate the dart was?

Funny, hhuh?

While traveling 400 feet it lands in the same path as shot.

I can make a video like this saying my NF shoots 400 feet.

Like OMC says you can robably make a 20 foot airtank and have the thing shoot 1000' but it doesn't matter.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#31 Tsunami

Tsunami

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:19 PM

Who gives a shit. If you could hit me with it from 300ft, then we'd have something. Let's move on.

That's not the point. Most people posting here have modded a titan to shoot huge distances, why? You're not gonna use it in a war... It's for the fun of modding and trying to shoot at far as possible!

#32 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:40 PM

That's not the point. Most people posting here have modded a titan to shoot huge distances, why? You're not gonna use it in a war... It's for the fun of modding and trying to shoot at far as possible!

I do believe that this post has the Least Bullshit of every post i have read in this topic.

Thank you Tsunami. i couldnt have said it better myself ^_^

And as soon as i can find someone dumb enough to stand in the way of this thing while i shoot them in the stomache/ass/back/whatever, i will show you all.

in fact, i think i shall take the shot myself. I'll have someone else shoot me from 100' in the same Parking lot tuesday :) I'll even take it shirtless just to prove that it is a fresh wound.

I play Ironman paintball so this will be nothing. (play till it hurts so bad you cant play anymore)
"I Am Become Death. Destroyer of Worlds"
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#33 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:54 PM

I'll have someone else shoot me from 100' in the same Parking lot tuesday ^_^ I'll even take it shirtless just to prove that it is a fresh wound.

The matter of this thing being able to hit someone at 100' is not the thing in question here.
I can believe without proof that a Big blast can hit a target at 100'. It is this 400' range claim that I/we still find fishy.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#34 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:50 PM

Bur the injury of the welt at 100 ft will show the velocity the dart has, proving if it has enough to reach the 400 ft marker.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#35 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:56 PM

KNowing Echo He'll shoot the gun from 5 feet away and then edit the film like he did before.

But whatever maybe I can catch him editting it this time.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#36 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:58 PM

Thats exactly what i'm attemting to prove

Hopefully, my thick skin from all those paintball matches wont lessen the bruise too much.

And saying my video was edited just because it's more convienient for you if i did is immature Nerfer34.

Edited by echo104b, 12 November 2006 - 09:00 PM.

- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#37 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:05 PM

So you're saying that those parking spots are each 10 feet wide?
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#38 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:13 PM

KNowing Echo ...

Wait... do you actually know him in real life? Or is that just a figure of speech?
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#39 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:16 PM

If I knew him in real life, I would go to his house, shoot the Bazooka , watch it travel 150-200' and tell him that, that doesn't equal 400'.

So, No I don't know him in real life.

#40 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:47 PM

I think that you need to cool down. Go get a glass of water and just catch a breather.
Your mad because you just lost a bet, thats understandable, $50 is alot of money.
You will look back at this someday and laugh, but for now, just flow with the blows.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#41 Vaega

Vaega

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:53 PM

Echo great job on the mod. It sounds plausible and I applaud you for it.

Nerfer I feel that you're skeptical because you lost money.

#42 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:21 PM

Nerfer34, I don't appreciate PMs like that.

Got Nerd?

#43 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:56 PM

Let Shinny get em, and if you can post a hole being put through a new soda can at any distance over 50 feet ( I think I did that math right) I'll believe you.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#44 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:08 AM

ok. so tomorrow's video will have the following in it. Shooting an EMpty sodacan from 50 feet, shooting a full sodacan (just for kicks) from 50 feet, and taking a hit to the bare stomache from 100 feet on myself.

just because i'm crazy like that. Here's hoping i dont get killed by this thing. :P

#45 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:10 AM

ok. so tomorrow's video will have the following in it. Shooting an EMpty sodacan from 50 feet, shooting a full sodacan (just for kicks) from 50 feet, and taking a hit to the bare stomache from 100 feet on myself.

just because i'm crazy like that. Here's hoping i dont get killed by this thing. :P

If we are right about this, you'll be fine. I personally don't take the 400ft thing, I would guess about 300 max, but if you bleed from the thing in the vid, I'll believe you. And Nerfer34 you owe me 10 and him 50 if the sodacan blows up.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#46 funkyjake

funkyjake

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:43 PM

This is the worst thread in the world. I'm surprised something-awful isn't all over our nerdy asses already. That's not to say I don't like the gun (it seems pretty sweet, and I believe the claim), but seriously, how many pages of snide comments do we need? And what if it doesn't shoot 400 feet? Whose life is any better, or even markedly different, as a result?

P.S. Don't take this as holier-than-thou. I'm just a little disappointed is all.

#47 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:01 PM

How Has this thread not been closed by now. It has already been stated that the video is bad quality and that he could have planted a dart out there.

WHO CARES. There are many other more important topics out there to argue on.

I could easily claim that my Scout can shoot meatballs the size of 3 football fields and place a meatball out there. Lets move on before a flame war begins.

Also I have to say, I watched that video about 10 times and I do not think that the video is edited. The Trees in the back always stay there and he gets to the end of the parking lot. The whole time the video is on.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#48 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:11 PM

I think that this topic has been left open, in part atleast, because the mods find it amusing. :D

Got Nerd?

#49 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:23 PM

You have a gun that can shoot 400'. Cool beans.

Moving on...
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#50 Nerfornothing

Nerfornothing

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:38 PM

Echo,

I too have a BB and it gets incredible ranges as well. Not quite 400 feet, but I have never pumped it anywhere near 35 times (only 20 tops) so I wouldn't know. My problem is that the trigger is very cheap and has broken on me 2 times. Mostly because when pumping the gun over 15 times it takes one hell of a pull to shoot the gun, and the trigger can only take it so many times.
I took some measurements a couple weeks ago with my BB. It has a 12" CPVC barrel that is hot glued in place and duct taped as well. It got in the 190' range with 20 pumps, and that is with a perfectly level shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users