Photo

I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Dont believe me? I can prove it! Video Inside!

65 replies to this topic

#1 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:49 PM

A few weeks ago, i made a claim that i hade a BIg Blast that shot 300'. Many people doubted me. And even told me to stop taking whatever drugs i was taking. you can see the list here. http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7464

so i went out to prove it on the following monday... only to find out that it was windy. Very windy. it stayed that way for at least a week. After that, it was rainy. the rain kept going off and on for the next week and a half. than once it stopped rtaining, i had work. yesterday was the first time i was able to take video of my proof.

This is the result of 35 pumps on a Buzz bee Big Blast with a Barrel replacement mod.

400' shot! you HAVE to see this!

I'll prove it.

No Drugs, No Angle, Just a 2' Barrel, a Tight Fitting Dart, and 35 pumps.

Please do. I will be glad to send you $50 if you can prove to me that a Buzzbee Big Blast can shoot 300'. THREE HUNDRED FEET.

Time to eat your words :D
"I Am Become Death. Destroyer of Worlds"
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#2 radman

radman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:57 PM

Wow that is all i can say that is amazing. Pretty cool. Also what did you use for a barrle was it pvc or cpvc?

#3 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:59 PM

Wow that is all i can say that is amazing. Pretty cool. Also what did you use for a barrle was it pvc or cpvc?

it was a 15" CPVC Barrel nested in an Inch of 1/2" PVC that fit into my 1/2" PVC Coupler thats mounted on the Tank with Hotglue and Duct tape.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#4 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:08 PM

If you blew your barrel off, I'm not sure how much more that gun can take. Yes it may shoot 400 ft, but I'm thinking your gun will only take a few shots like that before your tank explodes.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#5 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:17 PM

it's a Coupler Barrel. It's supposed to come off. And i've made at least 200 shots just like this one. the only problem i've had is the trigger snapping. Easily Fixed.

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:23 PM

it's a Coupler Barrel. It's supposed to come off. And i've made at least 200 shots just like this one. the only problem i've had is the trigger snapping. Easily Fixed.

The barrel isn't supposed to come off when you shoot it. Still, nice job getting ranges that good. Your darts must be a perfect fit.
SexD Warves

#7 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

I'm thinking Nerfer 34 owes you some serious cash, Mr. Echo. Excellent work.

#8 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:29 PM

This is hilarious. This video would make sense to me if you were over ten feet tall! It looks like if you were to lay down your length would be longer than the width of the parking space.
If those parking spaces are ten feet than Echo, you are a giant.
Posted Image
Here is a little pic of why I think this.
Was the interrogation at the end necessary?
This might be more appropriate if you stated the shot was angled too. I can shoot my angled Titan well over 400 but it doesnt mean squat because I could never hit anyone with it.

Good on ya though for trying to prove yourself right.
I also agree with uncle hammer in thinking your pressure chamber is going to explode.
Do you really like having the barrel fly off after shooting it? Does anyone else think this is kinda weird?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#9 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:29 PM

The barrel isn't supposed to come off when you shoot it. Still, nice job getting ranges that good. Your darts must be a perfect fit.

yes. i agree that it's not supposed to come off, but if it does, it's not a bad thing. Normally, i hold the barrel in, why i didnt,. i dont know.

And the dart is indeed a perfect fit. Problem is, it destroys the dart afterward. 3 or 4 shots and the dart ruptures. Stephans dont perform as well as the ones i used in the video, but they last for hundreds of shots.

ANd forsaken Angel, I am 6'3" tall. those parking spaces are 3.5' longer than i am tall. (i layed down to mesaure them.) Plus the camera is at least 40 feet away. You must remember the laws of perspective. And the shot was not angled either. I attempted to keep the gun as level as possible. there may be a 5 degree angle due to human error

Edited by echo104b, 11 November 2006 - 07:39 PM.

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:08 PM

So what's the point?

Like Forsaken, I have some pretty powerful Nerf blasters. I bet if I pumped my SM 5000 (shortened air line) eight to ten times, I could probably break 300'; ANGLED. Quite impractical for any kind of Nerf combat, but still I could prove a point. But then I wouldn't have a SM 5000 for long. That's why I only pump it twice (to get 80' ranges).

35 pumps you say?

Did you do this whole shebang just to prove something? Because that BuzzBee isn't going to last long if you keep doing that. Want to be king of the hill?

Let's see that dart you made that's so special, since you say it's not a "normal Stefan".

I shot a dart at LEAST 600 feet (200 yards) into the ocean, off of my air-powered spud gun, but it was made of 1/2" SCH 40PVC pipe and e-tape, and wouldn't really qualify as a "Nerf" dart. Or even a "Nerf" blaster.

I was about to make a comment about parking space width, but Forsaken, I just went outside to measure a parking space (I have a 40 space parking lot on property) and the ones over here measure 9 feet wide. Yep, wide. So Echo may not be too far off.

I hate to say this, dude, but I still have a hard time believing it. The video is scratchy and you could very well have planted one out there, but I'll slide it because you went through so much trouble trying to prove yourself.

Quite arrogantly, I may add. And arrogance is something that's not very welcome here.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#11 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:23 PM

Sheesh. The barrel blowing off says to me that you could actually get more distance with a longer, fixed barrel...there's extra power which is acting on the barrel instead of the dart. Or, it's acting like a safety...by the barrel blowing off, it vents out extra pressure and keeps your gun from exploding.

Impressive. Impractical and dangerous, but impressive.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#12 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:38 PM

Wow, well I did say that the Big Blast was better then the LBB In the topic Big Blast Vs LBB. Nice job, and the video was really funny.
Cubs in 2012

#13 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:47 PM

i'm going to answer your questions here. And debunk a few of your points. i am in no way being arrogant here. i am just trying to back up what i have just posted.

So what's the point?
i was challenged. this is my response to that challenge.

Like Forsaken, I have some pretty powerful Nerf blasters. I bet if I pumped my SM 5000 (shortened air line) eight to ten times, I could probably break 300'; ANGLED. Quite impractical for any kind of Nerf combat, but still I could prove a point. But then I wouldn't have a SM 5000 for long. That's why I only pump it twice (to get 80' ranges).

a friend of mine has a SM 5000 he wanted me to repair. he never pumps it more than 5 times and never gets more than about 110. it is an amazing gun. no doubt. one of my favorites. Wish i had one myself.

35 pumps you say?

Yup. 35 pumps

Did you do this whole shebang just to prove something? Because that BuzzBee isn't going to last long if you keep doing that. Want to be king of the hill?

I know it's not going to last long. but it's a cheap gun for so much power. so I show no remorse in burning a few out entirely.

Let's see that dart you made that's so special, since you say it's not a "normal Stefan".

It's not a stephan at all. It's a Streamline dart from the Longshot CS-6 with 2 copper bb's in the head of it.

I shot a dart at LEAST 600 feet (200 yards) into the ocean, off of my air-powered spud gun, but it was made of 1/2" SCH 40PVC pipe and e-tape, and wouldn't really qualify as a "Nerf" dart. Or even a "Nerf" blaster.

I guess it wouldnt. but 600' is amazing regardless. i must applaud you on that.

I was about to make a comment about parking space width, but Forsaken, I just went outside to measure a parking space (I have a 40 space parking lot on property) and the ones over here measure 9 feet wide. Yep, wide. So Echo may not be too far off.

Thank you Pineapple. I appreciate the help there :D

I hate to say this, dude, but I still have a hard time believing it. The video is scratchy and you could very well have planted one out there, but I'll slide it because you went through so much trouble trying to prove yourself.

I dont blame you for thinking this. but that is the highest quality i could do. my camera is a little handheld digicam with a video option. It's the best i can do. Yes i could have planted one out there. and i have no way of proving that i didnt. but you could say that about any outdoor range test video. Not making a claim, just pointing it out.

Quite arrogantly, I may add. And arrogance is something that's not very welcome here.

I'm sorry if i came off that way. but i, myself wasnt even expecting 400. i was expecting something close to 290. so i guess half of that was personal excitement. I apologize wholeheartedly.

Sheesh. The barrel blowing off says to me that you could actually get more distance with a longer, fixed barrel...there's extra power which is acting on the barrel instead of the dart. Or, it's acting like a safety...by the barrel blowing off, it vents out extra pressure and keeps your gun from exploding.

Impressive. Impractical and dangerous, but impressive.

I guess you could call it that. in fact, that makes sense. thank you for pointing that out Carbon. I'll keep that in mind for any other barrels i may make.

Edited by echo104b, 11 November 2006 - 08:49 PM.

#14 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:18 PM

I still don't believe it.

The dart could have been easily placed there.

YOur shot was also angled so badly.

There was probably a 50 MPH wind behind you.

There is no way. I know that this is a flase video, you can tell when watcing it, that it has been edited.
PLus why would you say it shoots 300 ft and then now it shoots 400.....?

Edited by nerfer34, 11 November 2006 - 10:19 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#15 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:26 PM

He actually said it shot over 300 feet. I watched it a second time and I totally agree with everything nerfer34 said. The gun is angled, there had to be a very strong wind, and you can definitaly tell it has been edited.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#16 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:35 PM

I can believe it.

at2k with 4 pumps- up to 100'

Blast Bazooka knockoff with 35 pumps and a 2 foot cpvc barrel and a tight fitting dart.

It shooting off the barrel does prove it has an incredible force. Shooting a 2' CPVC barrel around 10 feet is pretty amazing in itself.

If I can get a hold of a Big Blast, i'll definately try this mod and post it's results.

#17 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:45 PM

Yes. the gun looks like it's angled. however, that is merely a trick of the camera.

The camera was positioned below the gun. this adds to the illusion that it is angled upwards. if there is an angle, it is only about 5-8 degrees. Inconsequential Definately not enough to affect the distance by 200 feet.

Look at the trees in the background. Are they moving? No. There was no wind. I gaurantee it.

While i cannot disprove your accusation that the dart may have been placed there beforehand, The fact that the barrel is blown off and sent 40 feet should be proof enough that there is a great deal of force behind this gun.

Now you're just being a jerk... i said "Over 300 feet"

It was only edited to put some subtitles on it so you can hear what i am saying. There was no actual video splicing at all. It was one continuious shot.

#18 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:13 PM

Who gives a shit. If you could hit me with it from 300ft, then we'd have something. Let's move on.
I hate you.

#19 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:32 PM

Just for the sake of argument, you never really see the dart during that entire video. Based on the gun's behavior it is clearly in the barrel when it fires but can anyone here say with confidence that they see a dart on the ground?

#20 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:01 AM

I bealive him, I modded my Big Blast and it is has a lot of kick. I have never tried to pump it up 35 times, but I guess if you did it would shoot pretty far. Also, for all of you who don't bealive him, go out and buy a Big Blast and try to dissprove him.
Cubs in 2012

#21 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:04 AM

I fail to see why you idiots think there is wind, wouldn't you hear it on the camera microphone if you can hear him talking? Instead of instantly calling shens on him why don't you spend 10 bucks on your own big blast and try it your self?
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#22 maverick x

maverick x

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:05 AM

I still don't believe it.

The dart could have been easily placed there.

YOur shot was also angled so badly.

There was probably a 50 MPH wind behind you.

There is no way. I know that this is a flase video, you can tell when watcing it, that it has been edited.

Your just saying this because you don't want to pay him jerk.

#23 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:31 AM

You must remember the laws of perspective.

Two good points. My next question is how far does it shoot after holding a priming for a minimum of 15 minutes?

Correct me if I am mistaken here but in all my time reading modifications and such I have read/learned that a looser barrel is best for airguns.

Oh and Echo if you are having trouble finding darts then I would highly reccomend clicking on my sig.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 12 November 2006 - 02:32 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#24 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:10 AM

Sweet Jesus, are we all going to whip out our E-Peens here and have a measuring contest? Seriously, guys.

You're arguing over numbers. Numerical values and lessons in laws of fucking perspective aside, let's just assume the fact that it's very probable, if not definite, that the dart fired went 400 feet. Now, the question that therein lies, is it: (A) [like OMC so eloquently stated] possible/practical to use successfully and hit someone at 400 feet, or (B) even a snowball's chance in hell that it would be allowed into any sort of war scenario given the dart deterioration and force it's putting out? I understand this is about substantiating your claim echo104b, and I respect your actions in that regard. Let's just move on.

-Groove

Oh, and P.S., just because I can -
Posted Image

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#25 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:13 AM

Who is that ^ ? :D

Nerfer34 pay up. :D
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users