Photo

Pvc Sanding

4 replies to this topic

#1 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:47 PM

I need to shave some of the end off of PVC to fit into another thing of PVC. What is the best way of going at this? I have been sanding for hours and it isn't working, and it come out uneven! Help!
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#2 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:26 PM

I use a dremel when I do that. It is almost impossible to make it perfect, so use a lot of glue.
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:32 PM

Aye, dremel.

If you don't have one, use progressively smaller tools. Hacksaw>Pocket Knife>Coarse sandpaper.

It's also very important you're using coarse (low #) sandpaper. I'm guessing this is a problem, because I can sand PVC with 50 or 100 in no time, and you've been going for hours with no progress.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:59 PM

I have a Lathe sitting around, I might even try that! Or Ill put the pvc in a drill, and sand it will it is spinning
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

It's next to impossible to get the PVC perfectly right. Your best bet is to out it on a flat surface and work it against and belt or drum sander.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users