Photo

Longshot Ar

13 replies to this topic

#1 SM750

SM750

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:13 PM

I'm a noob but have modified guns before. The SM 750, NF, and the Titan. I opened up LS gun and added a nf spring with the LS spring but i want to remove the air restrictors. i was wondering if i have to take out the whole orang pipe internal or just the plunger chamber. If just the plunger chamber how do I remove it. Thanks.

Edited by SM750, 28 June 2007 - 07:46 AM.

Also, stop being such a Jew and buy PETG from me.

#2 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:49 PM

I also could not figure it out short of jamming a screwdriver down the barrel and tearing off the post for the stockdarts and removong the air restrictor.
QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:41 PM

Posted Image
You have to take the gun completely apart, removing the plunger chamber and bolt which you cannot seperate from eachother. Unscrew the back plate of the plunger chamber to remove the plunger, and it may also help to push the little metal rod out of the bolt sled and bolt so you on;y have to manhandle the bolt and plunger chamber.

To remove the restrictor you have to drill out the back face of the bolt.
I used a flat-blade wood-boring drill bit because standard drill bits in larger sizes are not friendly with plastics and tend to get stuck. This type of drill bit is also MUCH cheaper to buy since they're 1/10th the cost of traditional drill bits of the same size ($3 as opposed to $30).
Posted Image
If I remember correctly I used a 5/8", then did some touch ups with an X-acto knife before plucking the restrictor and its spring out. Then I covered up the overpressure hole in the top of the bolt bolt from the inside using a small piece of aluminum ducting tape.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 09 November 2006 - 08:44 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:51 PM

SO there is no way to remove the air restrictor and keep the Post for the stock darts?

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:58 PM

SO there is no way to remove the air restrictor and keep the Post for the stock darts?

You drill out the rear of the bolt (the part that the plunger face slams into every time you fire) so that you can pluck the spring-loaded restrictor part out through the plunger chamber. Therefore removing the peg (which is glued to the inside of the bolt) is optional.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 09 November 2006 - 08:59 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

To remove the restrictor you have to drill out the back face of the bolt.
I used a flat-blade wood-boring drill bit because standard drill bits in larger sizes are not friendly with plastics and tend to get stuck. This type of drill bit is also MUCH cheaper to buy since they're 1/10th the cost of traditional drill bits of the same size ($3 as opposed to $30).
Posted Image
If I remember correctly I used a 5/8", then did some touch ups with an X-acto knife before plucking the restrictor and its spring out. Then I covered up the overpressure hole in the top of the bolt bolt from the inside using a small piece of aluminum ducting tape.

I wish I would have known about that earlier. I used a regular drill bit to drill the AR out, and it was a serious pain in the ass.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:27 PM

I just used a dremel. A little patience and some blazing destroy genre metal playing in the background helped alot.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:56 PM

I just have to say it, I have found that you can use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove that plate and I've used a tool from my dad's fishing gear, called a hemostat, to pull out the peg on the six long shots I've had to modify for me and my friends.

picture of a hemostat:
Posted Image

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:03 AM

Yeah, I have several pairs of those. Invaluable for many tasks (particularly soldering).

#10 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:17 AM

Yeah I used a 1" wood bore aswell.

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:56 AM

1" would be too big, 5/8" is more likely. That picture is just an example image from mcmaster.

#12 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:11 PM

Last night I worked up the nerve to drill out the AR on my "baby". When removing it I found out that there are three posts that you could weaken with an EXACTO knife or a regular drill bit (be careful) and then remove with a hemostat. This left the post completely intact so I can still fire my stock darts and dart-tag steddans.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#13 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:20 PM

Cthulhu, you don't need the post to fire stock darts. Just because there's a hole in the dart doesn't mean the barrel post needs to be there.

If I misunderstood what post he was talking about, someone correct me.

Edited by Falcon, 14 November 2006 - 01:21 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#14 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:36 PM

Cthulhu, you don't need the post to fire stock darts. Just because there's a hole in the dart doesn't mean the barrel post needs to be there.

If I misunderstood what post he was talking about, someone correct me.

Some of my guns have trouble keeping modified stock darts loaded and they just get spat out unless I leave the post in the gun. Also I have yet to find FBR that has a good fit it is all way too fat or way too thin. So I tend to stick with modifying the stock darts especially with the longshot because it has such an intricate internal design. Not to mention a pain in the ass to put back together. Anyways leaving it in never hurt either.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users