Yo-yoing

Fun fun....

27 replies to this topic

#1 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:31 PM

The long-forgotten sport of yo-yoing is back. To those people who think a yo-yo is nothing but a toy that moves up and down a string, you're sadly mistaken.

This is a video of me showing off some of my favorite tricks, and a classic: rock the baby

About 4 months of intense yo-yoing pays off.

#2 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:32 PM

I use to yo-yo back in like 8th grade. It was a pretty big deal. Nice work, keep practicing.
Cubs in 2012

#3 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:25 PM

Yo-Yoing rocks. I started a few months ago and I am doing pretty well. I use a Duncan Freehand Zero, ausome yo-yo. What kind of yo-yo do you use? Do you do freehand?

Edited by poo, 05 November 2006 - 03:26 PM.

#4 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:52 PM

I use a Buzz-On Element X with SPR spacers, Paul Yath CF stickers, and a ceramic ABEC 7 bearing (a $57 yo-yo). I didn't start dping freehand until today. I have done a bit of off-string though. I use an Aquarious for that.

#5 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:55 PM

(a $57 yo-yo)

Wow. I remember when I yo-yoed I used a black yo-yo that looked like a tire. It was like 30 dollars but It worked well. At the time it was one of the best. Do you know which one I'm talking about?
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#6 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:35 PM

The only one I can think of is the Duncan Wheel which now costs about $8. Yo-yos have change a lot since the past few years.

#7 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:21 PM

The only one I can think of is the Duncan Wheel which now costs about $8. Yo-yos have change a lot since the past few years.

That may be it. I remember it was a very good Yo Yo. Someone offered me $40 but I was stupid and kept it.

Brass, ask your mother.

#8 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

Is that it?

Oh and I finished part 2 of the video

Just Plain Silly Part 2

#9 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

You are a beast. Seriously, great job. The second video is not only better yo-yoing, but better vid quality too. The only thing I object to is the music (BLEH!), but that's just me. Great job, I'm waiting for part three.

#10 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:10 PM

I like my music..... anyways, I used MY camera (not my dad's 2 year old camera) so that made quality a bit better. I've also gotten better at using Microsoft Movie Maker

#11 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:18 AM

Back in my days in elementary school yo yo's were the thing. The best trick I could do was rock the cradle. I liked to walk to the dog and just sleep it. Thats about anyone could do at my school. We all had yomegas and shit with those bearings that made it sleep real long. It got so big they banned yo yo's from the school. I knew it had gotten out of hand when one of my friends got like 5 different yo yo's for his birthday :D.

Edited by Uncle Hammer, 07 November 2006 - 12:19 AM.

Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#12 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:37 AM

Ah yes, the elementary yo-yo fad. That was 8 years ago for me. I had a Yomega X-Brain (still have it and still know the basics), and I got pretty good with it. I have really not seen yo-yo's for sale lately, except at specialty shops.

You've got some serious skill kid. Makes me wish I brought mine to college. I guess I'll have to practice some lighter tricks with my Zippo.

And of course, you can't forget Hansel's yo-yo in Zoolander. That was the shit.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#13 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:03 PM

If you want a good yo-yo, you'll pretty much have to get one off the internet. Might I suggestyoyoguy.com? That's where I buy all my yo-yo supplies and yo-yos.

#14 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

Is that it?

Oh and I finished part 2 of the video

Just Plain Silly Part 2

Yeah That is it.

Freehand MG Powdercoated
The Cadillac of YoYos is here! Butterfly shape body is 99.5% forged magnesium. Ceramic bearing for ultra-smooth spins. Limited quantites per year (200 of each color). Includes limited edition white/black counterweight set and (4) friction stickers. This edition is powdercoated with a sparkle blue finish.
Freehand MG Powdercoated
#du54b
Price $ 400.00

... 400 dollars for a yo yo. Wow.

Edited by Substance Abuse, 07 November 2006 - 06:51 PM.

Brass, ask your mother.

#15 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:31 PM

You can also buy the special "andonized" collectors model for $450

#16 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:47 PM

Impressive yo-ing going on there.....don't know what it is about 8th grade and yo-yos, but I was into it as well. Of course, it was a fair amount of time before the late 90s craze, so there wasn't much in the way of advanced yo-yo technology....not like I had the money to get one.

I like my basic ones....faves being a laminated rock maple Hummingbird, and a standard Duncan Imperial that's about 45 years old...the plastic feels denser than the newer ones.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#17 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:17 PM

I'v in 7th grade, and have sort of brought back the craze. As the years have gone by, yo-yos have gotten lighter and lighter.

#18 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:08 AM

Wow..oh man, wow. THAT takes me back.

I went for nearly two years with a yoyo n my pocket constantly. I did all of that stuff that Kaiman was doing, and my parent got SO sick of it...lol.

I worked myself up with a pair of Proyo Bumblebee GT's, and eventually bought a cold fusion. By the end of my two years of "yoing", I had some pretty intense two-handed stuff down (both of my bumblebees at once) but it's all gone now. I can probably still do most of the one-yoyo things, but nothing like I used to.

Man, now I'm going to have to go dig those up...

Thanks, Kaiman.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#19 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:06 AM

For the record, Cold Fusions (CF's) now cost around $95-$110.

#20 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:08 AM

Yeah...that's why I want to find it again...lol.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#21 Bucfan

Bucfan

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:38 AM

Woah.... talk about freaky man. I just started a couple of days ago when my stepdad pulled one out, I didn't even read this forum! Woah.... I'm creeped out. All I can do is like, rock the cradle, the elevator, sleep, and walking the dog. Those are the easy ones.

http://www.yomega.com/tricks/ -use this link to go to a site which shows you how to do all those wierd tricks.

Edited by Bucfan, 24 November 2006 - 10:40 AM.

For sale: parachute, used once, never opened, small stain.

#22 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:18 PM

Sad thing is, the hardest trick on there is Buddha's Revenge. try MASTERMAGIC for some totally awesome tricks.

#23 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 01:28 AM

Yeah, I've been yo-yoing since I was 4, but I just started to started to seriously yo-yo. I'm going to buy a custom chain reactor, but I don't know what to buy with it. I don't know what bearings, spacers, and friction pads to get with it. Someone please help.

P.S.- I'm jealous of you skillz :angry:
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#24 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:01 PM

I happen to own a chain reactor. I wouldn't suggest getting one. They're way to responsive, and they have a really small string gap. If you like yoyo's made of metal, I would suggest either Duncan Metal Zero or a Metal Zero Hollywood Edition. They both are availible at yoyoguy.com. Personally, my favorite yoyo is the X-convict.

#25 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

Ok, I'll get a buzz-on instead. When it says that the Element X remix has spr spacers does that mean that it uses A bearings (like the conversion kit) or B like the other Buzz-Ons.
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users