Photo

Gears Of War

6 replies to this topic

#1 MFRnync

MFRnync

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:04 PM

Yes Im reffering to the xbox 360 shooter, I was doing some reaserch on it today and it came to my attention that the " sni*** rifle" in the game is not only called the longshot but a bears a striking resemblence ( minus bright colors :wacko: ) to the nerf longshot.
carpe scrotum- grab life by the balls, sustaining member of the always outnumbered but never outgunned toy gun modifiers guild.

#2 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:41 PM

I'm not that interested in Gears of War, but I must admit that it has the best trailer I've ever seen for a video game. The music is what really does it: Gary Jules, Mad World. The same version of the song was used in Donnie Darko to great effect.

#3 Sixo

Sixo

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:23 PM

I'm pretty sure it's by Michael Andrews...that version, at least. That song has actually been covered by a ton of different artists, but the cover that was in both Donnie Darko and the Gears of War trailer was the one from Michael Andrews. Such a good song-

-Sixo
"Behind this mask, there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

#4 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:48 PM

I'm pretty sure it's by Michael Andrews...that version, at least. That song has actually been covered by a ton of different artists, but the cover that was in both Donnie Darko and the Gears of War trailer was the one from Michael Andrews. Such a good song-

-Sixo

Micheal Andrews and Gary Jules collaborated on that one. Michael Andrews selected Gary and the song, but Jules sang it. The original (which, in my opinion, is does not even come close) was done by Tears for Fears.

#5 MFRnync

MFRnync

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 06:38 AM

I just watched the E3 game demo a day or so ago and it made me really want to play the game, reserved it at eb games, Ill put a review up after I get some play time in.
carpe scrotum- grab life by the balls, sustaining member of the always outnumbered but never outgunned toy gun modifiers guild.

#6 m15399

m15399

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:15 PM

I'm not that interested in Gears of War, but I must admit that it has the best trailer I've ever seen for a video game. The music is what really does it: Gary Jules, Mad World. The same version of the song was used in Donnie Darko to great effect.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about. That's the worst trailer for a game I've ever seen.
Donnie Darko = best movie ever
Gears of War = awesome

Donnie Darko + Gears of War = total crap.

If you guys haven't seen the gameplay for this game check it out before watching that trailer.

#7 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:44 PM

Dude, what the hell are you talking about. That's the worst trailer for a game I've ever seen.
Donnie Darko = best movie ever
Gears of War = awesome

Donnie Darko + Gears of War = total crap.

If you guys haven't seen the gameplay for this game check it out before watching that trailer.

Notice how I phrased that sentence. It's my opinion. Your opinion differs, no surprise there. I'm not going to argue the whole, "this is the best" "no this is the best" deal.

But seriously, that's the best trailer ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users