East Coast! HOOOOO!

64 replies to this topic

#1 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:52 PM

Here's hoping that we can set up a general schedule for 2007 and expect to see events held on the East Coast. I will modify this first post accordingly with information for each event as it gets closer. For the event planning I think it would be best to post new topics entirely and then the finalized date, place, and time will be added to this thread and this first post specifically. Future events are in bold, future events that are set will be underlined. When threads are created for these events, links will be provided below, as well.

---

January: RECKONING (NJ)
February: HUNTERDON COUNTY WAR (NJ)
March: SPRING DCNO (MD), BATTLE IN THE PINES (MA)
April: (14) ECNO (PA)
May: (19) LCM SUMMER TUNE-UP (NJ)
June: (16) SUMMER DCNO (MD), (23) SUMMER PINE BANKS (MA), (30) DEAL WAR (NJ)
July: (14) BCNO (NJ), (21) MASS WAR (MA), (28) LONG ISLAND WAR (NY)
August: (4) APOC 2007 (NJ), (18) ECNO (PA), (25) HERSHFEST (NJ)
September: (30) BATTLE FOR NEW YORK (NY)
October: (14) BATTLE IN THE PINES (MA), (27) FALL DCNO (MD)
November: (23) THANKSGIVING WAR AT THE SHORE (NJ), (24) SOUTHERN MAINE AREA NERF OUT (ME)
December:

---

While the colder months are tougher to schedule for, lets see what we can do about organizing events between April and July this year. Reckoning and Apoc are set but if the Horsemen want to hold something at Deal this year that would be great, especially around spring or summer. My understanding is that DarkShrimp has a new field to play on also.

There's no excuse why 2007 can't be our best East Coast year yet.

UPDATED NOV 4 2006: JUNE DCNO ADDED AND LCM SUMMER TUNE-UP
UPDATED DEC 4 2006: RECKONING LINK ADDED
UPDATED JAN 29 2007: HUNTERDON COUNTY WAR ADDED
UPDATED FEB 1 2007: SPRING DCNO ADDED
UPDATED FEB 16 2007: ECNO ADDED
UPDATED MAR 31 2007: LCM SUMMER TUNE-UP ADDED
UPDATED MAR 31 2007: SUMMER DCNO
UPDATED MAY 15 2007: DEAL WAR ADDED
UPDATED JUN 13 2007: LONG ISLAND WAR ADDED
UPDATED JUN 19 2007: SUMMER PINE BANKS WAR AND APOC 2007 ADDED
UPDATED JUN 20 2007: HERSHFEST AND MASS WAR ADDED
UPDATED JUL 26 2007: ALL SUMMER EVENTS UPDATED, FINALIZED
UPDATED SEP 15 2007: BATTLE FOR NEW YORK ADDED
UPDATED OCT 11 2007: BATTLE IN THE PINES AND FALL DCNO ADDED
UPDATED NOV 14 2007: THANKSGIVING WAR AT THE SHORE ADDED
UPDATED NOV 19 2007: SOUTHERN MAINE AREA NERF OUT ADDED

Edited by Evil, 19 November 2007 - 04:16 PM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:55 PM

If you can get two DCNOs in next year I'll be at at least one of them for sure. I'm glad to see you're back into it Evil.

Rambo's offered to drive me (or have his mom drive both of us? I'm not sure) to some Jersey wars but I'm not sure how that would work out. Either way, regardless of all the NJ wars, I'm down for at least one DCNO and will probably be attending one. March sounds a bit chilly but who knows, it was 60 degrees in January this year and 55 in October.
SexD Warves

#3 ledzepp2994

ledzepp2994

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 05:13 PM

Ok well I could be up for doing something up in Vt.

The only thing is that there are not many people that I know of up here. But I do know of several places around me that would work for it. Get in touch if anyone is interested just takes a while to get any where in VT so plan accordingly if you want to do this get in touch. I wouldn’t recommend winter all you southern folk might freeze but I love the cold. But the snow is fun to play in make forts and such not. You do loose darts until summer however. That’s what I am purposing. Ok get in touch
Dude, Jimmy Page is my hero... ok so humm... I have to add Trey Anastasio he is my neighbor and I have known him for many years but I just saw him own like 10 people on stage with crazy solos.

Stairway is not the best song of all time... don't get merried to it you fool

Nerf it up!!!

#4 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 05:26 PM

We should have another ECNO. I could host in PA if needed/wanted for a change of scenary. NJ or DE would work well too. I was thinking late spring, a couple weekends after most schools are out.

#5 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:09 AM

For the last two years, the LCM has hosted a war at the end of May. I pretty much consider this the Summer Nerf Tune Up.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:54 AM

I would also like to try to host another DCNO during the summer. Possibly during June so it's before all the big summer wars. That, and the fact that 2 DCNO's is simply just not enough to satisfy my appetite.

I'm not gonna lie, I miss the summer DCNO's. I think the very first one we ever did was during June or July of '03 or '04...so I think it'd be proper to keep at least 3 DCNO's during the year.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:18 PM

I'm all for more DCNOs. It's one of my favorite fields, and any reason I have to also stop in and see my gf for the weekend is fine with me.

More DCNOs.

If I get a chance, I might even work up a tentative schedule for next year over the weekend, with major east coast wars including MANIACS, and DCNOs. By that, I mean at least a schematic of what wars would work best when.

That said, anyone have any idea about ARMAGEDDON yet? I think I can hear a westie talking shit in the distance. ....Something about Groove and little boys.....but it's not crystal clear from where I'm sitting.

2007 is shaping up to be the year of OMC's Nerf WORLD TOUR.
I hate you.

#8 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:12 AM

That said, anyone have any idea about ARMAGEDDON yet? I think I can hear a westie talking shit in the distance. ....Something about Groove and little boys.....but it's not crystal clear from where I'm sitting.

2007 is shaping up to be the year of OMC's Nerf WORLD TOUR.

Actually, I think it was said that Groove was not just painting pictures of babes on his guns, little boys became his new obsession.

Anyway, we don't think as far a head as the rest of you. Best I can give you is June-Julyish, hopefully not so late as August. However, good news is, is that I'll try and fly out to Apoc this time round. Since you guys planned it so far in advance I should be able to. I'll be looking up some flights. I need as much info as possible though.

#9 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:48 AM

I'm in with Josh on that one. I already have my financials covered. I will be there. First weekend of August? Already on the calendar.

And I believe Spoon didn't just concentrate on Groove. Apparently, ALL of you have sex with animals...

As for planning, don't expect Armageddon any later than July.

Edited by Falcon, 07 November 2006 - 09:49 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#10 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:43 AM

Apoc is the first Sunday in August. Every year.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#11 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:52 PM

I'd like to add an who's-in-my-mouth? war for sometime during this long, cold, lonely winter.

And as an update for any of you clowns who wanna know, I ran into Langley (Phil) during a party at my house somehow. I asked him, and the answer is no, for anyone who was wondering.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#12 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:08 PM

The answer to what question, pray tell? If you didn't know he's not nerfing anymore, you're a bit behind, if it's a different question, disregard.

#13 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:59 PM

March sounds good for me for a DCNO. Maybe during sping break? This one needs a topic pretty soon. Would be nice to get VERY well organized for it just incase of last minute events that might come up.

Moving on the the June DCNO, I think it would be good to get a very short recap of March or just hold off on the recap until we get the June one discussed. Like I said, let's be very prepared. Those last minute, "Mom's making me go to the beack that weekend." stuff needs to be countered for those that are planning a family vacation. I will most likely be in Maryland visiting my Dad then. This yes I stayed 2 weeks until the 4th of July, so I could squeeze for 3 weeks if I have to in order to make the June war. Sinfil, if you read this, that means I will drag you with me.

Moving onto the fall war. The end of Octobe/begining of November would be sweet for me. My Dad's B-day is on the 30th of Oct., and we came in to visit during the weekend of the 1st of Nov. So, I would posibly get in on that one maybe around regular Elections? It will be a tuesday, and I can take off school that monday as I did this year.

On a further note prior to a thread on the July/June DCNO, I wouldn't mind aiding for pizza, pop, and whatnot (hey a rhime) so if the person that plans to hold the June DCNO would like to contact me and fill me in (I planned to come to one about a year ago, but I couldn't make it), then that would be nice. I grabbed a coupld 12 packs of JOLT for a LAN party not too long ago from Speedway, I think I could pull something off to help you all out with this. Keep my posted.

Edited by LastManAlive, 19 November 2006 - 11:42 AM.

He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#14 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:16 AM

I don't go to school anymore, but since when was spring break in March? It was always in April for me.

Why do we need a topic 4-5 months out? We don't even have a Reckoning topic yet(see schedule if you don't know).

Dude, there are no elections on odd numbered years, at least not any that matter. Also, I highly doubt that we will see a war on a Tuesday. It's just dumb, most people don't want to take off two days of school, or one, whatever.

If there is a DCNO in June, it will probably be hosted by crankymonky and Thirst. I usually have drinks covered(did at the last two wars anyway), but more couldn't hurt I guess.

Anywho, anyone have any thoughts on an ECNO? Anyone want me to host?

#15 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:38 AM

Spring break actually started March 26th for me last year. Then again, we got out of school at the very beginning of June.

As for the topics...when did I say 4-5 months out? Would it hurt to start a topic to make a final date now? I wouldn't think so, but then again, I never said we should make one now. Purhaps after or during the Reckoning recap? And since we have people having different spring breaks, it might be a good idea to find a good date. My spring break might be later this year since we started school a little later.

Elections...I know we don't have them, but for some schools, they somehow are able to count it as a day off and just call it a bourd meeting or something. I remember doing it in 05 at my school in Maryland.

As for drinks, I will contact them and see what I can do. I just want to try and step in with the funding a little bit. I haven't been to a DCNO at all. Missed my chance this year, and I missed it the year before. I think it would be nice to provide some people that have been there before with something after all. That's just me though.

#16 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:44 AM

March sounds good for me for a DCNO. Maybe during sping break? This one needs a topic pretty soon. Would be nice to get VERY well organized for it just incase of last minute events that might come up.

Right there you said 4-5 months out we need a topic. It's November right now, so if the war is at the end of March, that's 4-4.5 months.

For drinks, just bring 'em, no need to contact anyone ahead of time.

Edited by RAMBO, 19 November 2006 - 11:45 AM.

#17 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

As for drinks, I will contact them and see what I can do. I just want to try and step in with the funding a little bit. I haven't been to a DCNO at all. Missed my chance this year, and I missed it the year before. I think it would be nice to provide some people that have been there before with something after all. That's just me though.

Usually what happens is I bring a few gallons of water, some bottles, Rambo brings a ton of Energy drinks. Nerf Wars really cost just about nothing to fund. Basically it's people buying their own lunches, a few people bringing drinks for all--water is pretty damn cheap, and the cost of making darts. Thanks for the offer, but I just don't think who brings drinks is really worthy of 4-5 months planning. Now a date...that's something to think about.
Tyranny Response Team

#18 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

Well I will be 18 in January and at that point I get my full license so I will probably be able to drive down with my little brother to a couple if they aren't to far. Well that is if all my shit still works, I may need to buy some brass from someone though.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#19 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:25 PM

Now a date...that's something to think about.

Well, in the long run, that was my main reason behind my thought of having a thread up soon. We need a set date for all these. And my vote goes to just deciding on the date in this thread. It would be a little more contained.

So, let's get some dates going for everything from people.

#20 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:53 AM

I few of us up here in mass were planing to have a game in march or april. We are looking at minimum of like 25 people showing up to a max of 36 if anyone is interested. I'm just throwing out the name "Battle in the pines" for the name.

#21 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:56 PM

Someone like one of the LCM should post a reckoning thread soon so we can set a date. Which will lead to more people showing up and so my creuw can get off of work if need be.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#22 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:25 AM

Someone like one of the LCM should post a reckoning thread soon so we can set a date. Which will lead to more people showing up and so my creuw can get off of work if need be.

Consider it done. Link.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#23 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:51 PM

Guys, I am willing to host a PA "ECNO" if anyone is interested. I mentioned it before, but incase no one read it, I thought I'd mention it again. Anyone up for a drive to Coplay, PA. I have what I believe to be a great spot.

#24 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:36 PM

That's an hour and 45 mins away from me, give or take, according to Google Maps. That's just far enough for a one day trip, but I wouldn't be opposed to a 2-dayer. Let's work something out after Reckoning.
I hate you.

#25 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:24 PM

Only an hour and 11 minutes away from me although I don't think I can drive out of state with my restricted license, but I think one of my nerfmates is 18, not sure.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users