Photo

Nerf Newb Questions

4 replies to this topic

#1 masdad

masdad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:28 PM

Hey I play nerf in my basement with my friends and i suck. Aim is okay but getting shots of in a actual game its always off target. The main gun we use are Nite Finders and sometimes the longshot, i also have the firefly and the set with the rpg thing and others which names i dont know. But the main ones we use are longshots and nitefinders. What can I do to steady my aim down a little. Maximum rang we shoot each other at is probably between 25- 30 feet maximum. How can I upgrade them or steady my aim a little. I read the sticky but couldnt understand much of anything but i will read it again after this post. Thanks for the help

#2 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:19 PM

The first thing I want to tell you is that capitalization and punctuation are hallmarks of a successful and painless membership at Nerfhaven. I don't want you to get in trouble, so I thought I'd offer you that advice. The second thing I want to tell you (on topic now) is that Nerf guns take time to develop a skill with regarding aiming and engaging moving targets, even at minimal ranges. I assume you and your friends use stock (unmodified) guns in your basement wars, in which case the velocity of the projectiles is insufficient to guarantee an immediate strike on an opponent. I would imagine that most members would suggest you at least modify your NFs to increase range and velocity, since that modification is relatively simple and produces good results. If you have some aversion to modifying your weapons, learn to lead your targets and angle your gun appropriately to compensate for gravity. The more you fight, the better you'll get at determining or predicting where your friends will be and using that data to execute brilliant (head)shots. Good luck, and happy hunting.
May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

#3 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:56 PM

Hey I play nerf in my basement with my friends and i suck. Aim is okay but getting shots of in a actual game its always off target. The main gun we use are Nite Finders and sometimes the longshot, i also have the firefly and the set with the rpg thing and others which names i dont know. But the main ones we use are longshots and nitefinders. What can I do to steady my aim down a little. Maximum rang we shoot each other at is probably between 25- 30 feet maximum. How can I upgrade them or steady my aim a little. I read the sticky but couldnt understand much of anything but i will read it again after this post. Thanks for the help

I was just curious to ask if you are asking for a longshot mod in which it improves aim or if you are asking for a technique to aim better.

Here is the universal longshot modification page you can check out if this is what your looking for: Here

Every mod known on the site is posted there. Have Fun.

As For Techniques I personally have a pretty good aim. If I am Planning on shooting someone in the chest I normally aim a little bit down. For some reason my shots have a tendancy of rising a couple of inches to a foot so thats how I am.

As for you I am not sure exactly how you aim. Try to aim a little low and if that doesnt work then you can just get a feel for the gun and eventually you will get it.

Edited by Substance Abuse, 30 October 2006 - 07:00 PM.

QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#4 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:59 PM

Everyone, before you begin the feast, be nice...
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#5 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:58 PM

Welcome to the Haven!

My suggestions for steadying your shots is to brace the gun against something, such as a chair, pipe, exercise equipment, etc. Have you ever been to a shooting range, or shot at targets with a .22 caliber rifle? It makes it a lot easier when you brace the gun against something. My other suggestion is to take a prone stance when aiming (laying on the ground with your front elbow up). Your elbow will steady your aim because it is firmly planted on the ground.

And then of course, practice makes perfect.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users