Nerfbot And Rf100 Update

Yeah, its true

30 replies to this topic

#1 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:36 PM

Finally, unbanned!!! Okay, so while I was gone, I did some stuff. Here are pics-
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry for the big pics. The gun needs alot of work, but the parts are coming. The Bot is getting there, but I need to build the frame out of stronger metal and finish the camera mounts. I am also waiting on two sweep, pan, and zoom security cameras for the bot. Once construction is done I will have to program, that is a bitch, but I can do it!
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:02 PM

Holy jesus, Cole's drug induced idea actulay became a reality! Great work man, and what did you replace the stock spring with?

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-žlayer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

Whoa! Holy heck! That Rf/whatever is looking pretty insane. I don't really like how Nerfbot looks, with all the exposed wiring, but it looks interesting.

It seems to me like you'd be too busy operating it duing a war, and you could get shot while controlling it. But then again, I'm inexperienced. Seems to me like that's really coming along. Good job. And if I get pegged at a war by something that made a conspicuous whirr, I'll know who to hunt next.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:11 PM

Nice. That's sick. I wish I had one of those... Looks like you put a lot of work into it. Though it looks like it could fall on it's back pretty easily if it went up a hill. Unless that little piece of metal is a support that touches the ground.

Very nice work, get a video of the finished product, I really want to see this thing in action.

#5 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:19 PM

It is not very top heavy, the electronics are low. It is not done yet! That is only an update. It is ment for me to sit back and own everybody in the next state. I still need to cover all of the electronics in the prototype, and my druged reality rocks! I havent replaced the spring yet. I think I will have an air compressor fill a PVC tank that will be mounted on the back of the robot and the compressor fills the tank, and when the bladder gets low, refil the bladder.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#6 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:21 PM

You could dump the bladder and put the pvc tank on a regulator. Or you could even get a high pressure paintball tank on <100 psi regulator.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-žlayer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#7 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:24 PM

I am kind of shooting for cost. I worked all summer for those electronics. It is still going to have an air compressor on the bot, so a PVC tank might not even be nessiccary.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#8 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

I don't understand why you would need to refill the bladder. Your going to run out of shots before the bladder runs out of air. So you would just drive the robot over to you, put in more darts, and pump the gun up again, unless it doesn't have a pump...

#9 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:34 PM

The whole thing of it is the robot should be able to operate with out me for about 100-150 shots at 200-300 feet away. It is a science fair project. (sort of).
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#10 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:38 PM

Holy cow you actually followed through on the project. That is really really cool. Can't wait for the finished one.

Edited by six-five-two, 27 October 2006 - 08:46 PM.

#11 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:44 PM

WOW, all i can say is just wow. Thats really amazing. Good job, and good luck

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#12 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:00 PM

That is really nice, but how much do you intend to spend on that? I mean, it costs a lot for mini cameras I would think and how are you going to make it wireless and connect to your computer/whatever. I also wonder how you are going to make the robot change clips. Does the firing mechanism work and can it drive around yet? Is it going to be remote controlled? And how are you going to do that? All these questions... but you at least showed you are working on it. I think it would be hard to actually hit someone with that though. I would just hide in a bush and wait for the robot to pass by me and grab it by the back. I would then put it in some small confined space where it couldn't get out. That's just my opinion, but I think the only useful nerf robot would be some kind of sharpshooter thing where you have a camera that would make it very accurate, almost like looking through a scope, but the movements of the robot could be controlled easily so if you saw only a foot sticking out, you could hit it. This is just imaginary though remember. Another fun thing would be to integrate a nerf gun into one of those rc airplanes. Not the little things, but the pretty big ones that can go on for minutes and fly high and fast. I would make some kind of "bomber" and drop darts on the ennemy. The camera would be facing the bottom, so it would be like looking in a video game. Perhaps not very useful, but fun. Just my two cents, I am sorry for flaming you, but I still have doubts its going to work.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#13 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

I am very impressed Cole!

NIce work so far.

I recomend purchasing a mini "spy video camera" on ebay.

I bought one of these 2 years ago and it is AMAZING.
It is
-compleatly wireless
-comes in in color
- less then an inch
- picture come in great

And for only $14.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#14 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:34 AM

There are going to be two cameras, one for the robots "eyes", and another for aiming. I am hoping to control the robot through my laptop. It can actually mover fairly fast, and beceause of the solenoid valve, I will be able to fire when I want. The clips will be like two more firing systems, as the turret spins a piston shoves another dart into the barrell as it goes by. Each clip will have 40-50 shots. They will be like a gravity feed version of Ompas clip. I was originally going to use a CSHG, but there are holes in the CAD file that I cannot figure out. Are those cameras transmitting thorugh the internet? What is their range? The robot will be able to move at a jogging pace.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#15 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 08:20 AM

Yes these cameras can be hooked up to be seen on a computer. The range is great. You can see clearly in it for up to atleast 200 feet.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#16 funkyjake

funkyjake

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:07 PM

Damn man, wild.

So what is the deal with the rf20? You called it an rf100, does it just have the air capacity to fire a hundred shots before needing to be primed again?

P.S. Hooray for drugs!

#17 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:43 PM

This was posted in your first RF100 thread:

General Cole, I will mail you $10 if this "project " is ever completed.

Hmmmm... :D
Looks like your gonna be gettin' some money, General Cole.

#18 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

Yes I am.
The deal with RF100 is that I will have two pistons that fire when the gun fires, so as the turret spins the pistons push darts back into the barrells, constantly reloading the gun as it fires. With each clips capacity around 40-50, I will be able to deal off-
20+45+45=110-110

It will be able to fire off 100 shots when done.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#19 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:43 PM

The deal with RF100 is that I will have two pistons that fire when the gun fires, so as the turret spins the pistons push darts back into the barrells, constantly reloading the gun as it fires. With each clips capacity around 40-50, I will be able to deal off-
20+45+45=110-110

It will be able to fire off 100 shots when done.

The issue with that plan is that the barrels are two staggered concentric circles. So you have two seperate sets of barrels to reload in sequence. That means two pistons for reloading, and they have to be timed to the rotation of the drum.
That's alot of wasted air, and a very complicated means of solving the problem. You may want to consider rethinking that plan with something a little bit simpler, like oh, making a larger turret for the RF20 since the advancing teeth are thankfully on the outside of the stock one. The machining isn't easy, but the engineering isn't as complex.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 29 October 2006 - 09:45 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#20 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:31 PM

Mechanical speed loader arm anyone?

It would move <<<< then it would bend at the "elbow" and move >>> push all the darts into the barrels move out again and fold down and move into its resting place.

Also you might want to add more cameras so you have no "blind spots"
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#21 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:03 AM

I have it covered, don't worry.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#22 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:12 AM

Does your going out of nerf mean that this robot will never be compleated?
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#23 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:14 AM

No, this is for Science fair, and it is too late to change it, this is the last nerf thing I do until summer.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#24 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:19 AM

It's cool but don't expect it to be much use in a war. That's definitely not a RF100.
Sup?

#25 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:01 PM

Not yet it isn't.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users