Dad

23 replies to this topic

#1 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:01 PM

R.I.P Dad 1966-2006.

My father passed away today. he had a major heart attack while he was driving and he died. I do not know how to deal with this but it hit me hard.

I am shocked and I dont even know if I can cope with him gone.

Sorry if I bothered some of you but I had to tell someone how I felt.

Edit: I do not know how long I will be away from the forums. I will try to get back as soon as possible. Funeral is set for next week...

Edited by Substance Abuse, 27 October 2006 - 07:03 PM.

QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:05 PM

Are you serious?

Wow I feel bad.

Sorry after rereading my post, I did sound like an ass.

My bad. I was trying use a different "tone of voice"

Edited by nerfer34, 27 October 2006 - 09:41 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 Streamwave

Streamwave

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:15 PM

im sooo sorry. My grandmother passed away a few weeks ago
~BlAcKWaVe~

YURA YURA to yuganda sore e kimi no moto e tonde yuke.

In these wavering skies, I will fly to you.

#4 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:20 PM

Nerfer, even if he is lying, do you really feel right saying this?

For all we know,it could be true, and you could be being a total asshole. Give the guy some slack and lay off.

Sorry abuse, I havent ever lost anyone very close, it must be very hard...

Edited by munson20, 27 October 2006 - 07:21 PM.

In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:20 PM

Sheet, man.....

He's younger than me.

Dude, if you need to vent, you've got my e-mail addy. Fire away.

Nerfer34, that's something that doesn't have to be brought up. The gods here might see what you posted and *poof*.

Take a break from here, Substance. Last thing you might need right now is worrying about your toys.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:42 PM

I know how you fell. My GF's little sister (2nd grade) just died. My birthday was today too. She had a massive tumor in the back of her skull, and she laid down after school one day, and pop. She died instantly. This is a bad month.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#7 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:09 PM

Holy crap... my grandpa is eighty-something. With so many deaths recently, this thread kind of made me think of what I'll do if he dies.

Yeah, I agree with Piney. Take a break from here, Substance.

And Nerfer34, I honestly don't think that God would do this. I won't get into matters of religion here, but in my experience, God doesn't work like that.

My strongest condolences, Substance. You are in my prayers.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#8 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:07 PM

I called and added you to the prayer list at my church. Don't know your name, so I put down you are a friend of mine with a lost father. After all, we are all friends here right?

This too, makes me wonder and feel axiety of my grandfather passing. He's only 78 or so, but he hasn't been feeling too bad lately.

I feel and pray for you.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#9 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:37 PM

Good grief man, I hope that you get whatever comfort you need, either here on the forum, at school, at your church or your church equivalent, or where ever you go to look for it. Don't worry about being gone from the forum, you have more important things to take care of; get whatever you need done done.

I have no idea what I'd do if my dad died; I'd probably try to finish out the semester and go home to take care of my family since I'm the oldest son.

But you take care of yourself and get those family things in order.

Nerfer34; I cannot believe you posted that.

#10 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

Sorry for this miscommunication. I guess you guys felt I was using a serious/harsh tone.

BUt seriously I've realized this in the world.
People can't be
-smart
-athletic
-popular

at the same time. Our God(s) don't allow it.

So when Substance said how mad he was at his dad then maybe his dad had some bad days and hs family did some bad things and then God decided to ...you know....

I am serious when saying this. And I bet if each person thinks about it, this IS true.

I am sorry Substance. You gotta try to get it out of your system ASAP( week or two) so it doesn't ruin your life.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#11 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:52 PM

Sorry for this miscommunication. I guess you guys felt I was using a serious/harsh tone.

BUt seriously I've realized this in the world.
People can't be
-smart
-athletic
-popular

at the same time. Our God(s) don't allow it.

So when Substance said how mad he was at his dad then maybe his dad had some bad days and hs family did some bad things and then God decided to ...you know....

I am serious when saying this. And I bet if each person thinks about it, this IS true.

I am sorry Substance. You gotta try to get it out of your system ASAP( week or two) so it doesn't ruin your life.

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm very sorry to hear this man. I lost my dad too, so shoot me an IM if you need to talk

Edited by RAMBO, 27 October 2006 - 09:52 PM.

#12 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:44 PM

I haven't ever lost anyone close to me, but my Grandma... well, that doesn't matter here.

Sorry man. Nothing more can be said... pm me if ya want ; o)
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#13 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:38 AM

Really sorry to hear that man. I lost my dad when I was 4 but it hit me just as hard. I know what you are going through. Shoot me a pm if ya want.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#14 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:57 AM

I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing I can do to get him back. Thanks everyone for your posts and It really made me feel good.

I have also come to the conclusion that I shouldn't let this affect my life. Socially and Physically/emotionally. So I am probably going to view the forums but post much less.

Thank You Piney most of all. Your Words made me realize a lot of things and it really helped.

Thanks Again,
Substance.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#15 LnLKing

LnLKing

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

I will like to send you my deepest condolences. I have lost a loved one in my life and I know exactly how you feel. May your father rest in peace.
This is my rifle there are many like it but this one is mine. Without me my rifle is nothing without my rifle I am nothing.AMEN.
SEMPER FI BIATCH!

If you want peace, prepare for war.

"To All Who Enter, May All Hope Be Lost..."

#16 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 02:21 PM

I'm extreamly sorry Substance. God be with you.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#17 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:16 PM

Even though you cannot bring him back, you can still remember him. And in times like this, even if it's painful to remember, you will feel more assured in the end knowing that even if he is not with us in the physical world he is still with you, in your heart, no matter what...

God bless you, your family, and your father, and let him rest in Heaven.

Edited by murakumo32, 28 October 2006 - 07:17 PM.

Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#18 blinkycc13

blinkycc13

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:12 PM

Oh my...
My girlfriend has serious heart problems, and well, it makes me realize that it might not be too long uuuggghhh.
You are in my prayers as well.
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Nov 10 2006, 11:06 PM) View Post

This is called a screwdriver it is used to unscrew or screw in screws.

#19 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:19 PM

Sorry to heard that. I know how that is....My brother commited suicide about a year ago...

I feel for ya man. Were pullin for ya.
Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#20 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:15 PM

My grandpa was admitted into ER last week after haveing a heart attack, he has had malignant prostate cancer for several years now and he had been on meds to slow it down, but after about a month his body would develop an immunity to the med and he would have to change to a new one.

Well, about a month ago the number of meds that he hadn't used ran out. His health has plumeted since then. I was going to go see Flags of Our Fathers with him this weekend (he is a WWII vet. and was in one of the first groups to land on Iwo Jima) but that obviously didn't happen. He was really looking forward to it...

The docters say he most likely wont see the new year. This will be my last Christmas with the guy who taught me how to ride a bike, write my name, tie my shoes... he has always been there for me....

To the rest of you who have lost or are losing a loved one, may they find or have found a better place.

God bless you all. Keep the faith and don't lose hope!
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#21 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:20 AM

Wow, this month really sucks. I am not trying to be mean or anything, but it just seems that people started getting sick or dying left and right once Substance ( I am very sorry for you ) spoke up. It just seems like a dick wagging contest now, but for everyone, I will pray for you (lets not get into religion now okay?).
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#22 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:40 AM

Well actually many people were talking about loved ones who had actually died already, one guy talked about his dad who died when he (not his dad) was 4 years old.
It isnt a dick wagging contest, we are just telling each other that we are there for each other... whats wrong with being nice?
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#23 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:46 AM

You don't want to get me into this right now, trust me.

Substance Abuse lost his dad....and is bummed out. Some sentiments were passed, and I told him to take a break.

Then the snowball starts to roll, and everyone has someone who is either dying, died, or something to evoke sympathy from the members here.

I don't mean to be a heartless prick, but that's what myspace, Xanga, and facebook is for.

If anyone else needs some time off, let me know, I can be of help. EVERYONE has crap in their lives, trust me. I won't even tell you what I've gone through the past month (besides the shit happening here, which really isn't much compared to life). I'm here to talk about our plastic toys.

If it burdens you to no end, take a break. Not from Nerf.

From this forum.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#24 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:03 AM

Thanks Piney.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users