Photo

Cronus, The Titan 4k

4K with titan Airtank inside it More PICS ADDED!

20 replies to this topic

#1 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image

That's the internals of said monster, I have more pics on the way ('m painting it currently). anyway, it's pretty Much just what it looks like. There's a titan air tank placed inside the shell of Pilz's 4K attached to all 12 barrels.

a While ago, Pilz broke his 4k and we'd been trying to figure out something to bring it back to life, and I figured out that we could probably Jam a titan's Air tank in there and shoot all 12 barrels at once. After several months of waiting to acquire a titan's Guts from Falcon, i finally got to work on this badboy. The Set-up is quite simple, it's just a 3 in PVC Coupler glued to the 4k Turret (I had to remove a few things, but not much) and Then I glued that to the titan air tank, using a piece of Sheet plastic to help take care of the gaps. I also attached to the back of the turret a Spray Paint Can Cap to fill up some of the dead air space in-between the air tank and the turret. The only problem with this beast is that you have to have every barrel loaded, or all the air just rushes out of the empty barrel or barrels.

More Pics and Info soon

Questions? Comments?

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 25 October 2006 - 03:40 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#2 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

That's amazing. :) Sweet gun. I can't wait to see it painted.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#3 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

That is sick! Does it shoot all 6 barrels at once like a shotgun? That could be very surprising in a war expecting 1 dart and getting 6! It still looks exactly like a Airtech on the outside right, that would help it to be more suprising. Any idea on what the range yet?

The name Cronus is well deserved. Great job!

~the burninator

Edited by trogdor65, 24 October 2006 - 04:09 PM.

#4 warx

warx

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:10 PM

Uh...so it's a dozen darts of undodgeable death?

Damn, talk about a tune-up to an otherwise nonexistant blaster.

Since it features a Titan airtank, will it be considered legal for your competitively legit wars?
The perfect signature does not exsist.

#5 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:11 PM

Uh...so it's a dozen darts of undodgeable death?

Damn, talk about a tune-up to an otherwise nonexistant blaster.

Since it features a Titan airtank, will it be considered legal for your competitively legit wars?

Yes, 12 darts at once, and since it fires in that manner, it's war-legal. muhahahahaha....

#6 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:22 PM

Oh 12 darts at once even better, I think someone on HQ did something similar, but not in a airtech 4000.

#7 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:24 PM

Oh 12 darts at once even better, I think someone on HQ did something similar, but not in a airtech 4000.

Jakethesnake created a 12-barrel attachment for his titan, I remember that.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 24 October 2006 - 04:24 PM.

#8 ledzepp2994

ledzepp2994

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:20 PM

Hey if you want to fix that problem with needing every barrel loaded you could if you wanted to go through the trouble add an air restrictor in each one. That may be a bit difficult and would take about 12 good guns to do. If you used 1/2 inch pvc then any air restrictor out of like a scout or a nf should work. That’s my two cents.
Dude, Jimmy Page is my hero... ok so humm... I have to add Trey Anastasio he is my neighbor and I have known him for many years but I just saw him own like 10 people on stage with crazy solos.

Stairway is not the best song of all time... don't get merried to it you fool

Nerf it up!!!

#9 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:45 PM

I just peed my pants.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#10 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

Ronster took the words right out of my mouth.

Bags, that is awesome in the highest order. I bow to my sensei. *Bow bow*
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#11 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:47 PM

Great mod, Did you get the name from God of War?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#12 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:55 AM

Great mod, Did you get the name from God of War?

no, I didn't it came from my knowledge of Greek mythology, Cronus was the father of most of the Greek gods, and ruler of the Titans so I thought it was a fitting name.

Ronster Reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

-bags

#13 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:38 PM

That is pretty B-A.

Zeus overpowered Cronus and Cronus threw up all of Zeus' brothers and sisters...
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#14 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:27 PM

Zeus overpowered Cronus and Cronus threw up all of Zeus' brothers and sisters...

Not exactly... Zeus tricked Cronus and he threw up his brothers and sisters. Then they waged a war against the Titans and won with some help. Anyways, we're not here to discuss greek myths. I wanted to do a 10 barrel attachment to my titan, but I wondered if it lost a lot of range. How far does the At4k/Titan go bags?
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#15 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

I wanted to do a 10 barrel attachment to my titan, but I wondered if it lost a lot of range. How far does the At4k/Titan go bags?

I'm not positive just yet on ranges, you should talk to jakethesnake, he has a 12-barrel attachment on his titan.

I've had this badboy disasembled since the early preliminary tests, so no serious ranges are avaiable currently. I've been taking lots of pics of the dissaembled gun for refrence for a technical Drawing project in my Illustrator class, here's some more pics of stuff:

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you look really closely, you can sort of see the spray paint cap:
Posted Image

A couple Of Preview Pics of the Paintjob:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 25 October 2006 - 03:43 PM.

#16 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:27 PM

How hard/easy is it to pump this thing?

#17 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:28 PM

Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

-bags

That's gonna be my new sig.
You rock hardcore, Bags!
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post

#18 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:45 PM

I can tell were in for another great paintjob.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#19 Grimm

Grimm

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:56 PM

That paintjob is going to be divine. And the gun is already godly. It looks like it's going to be dishing out some major foam punishment. Nice job.

One quick question: was the airtech 4000 originally barrel replacement modified? I assume it was but I've looked online and never seen a modified 4k. Of course, I'm new to nerf so it's probably just me.

Edited by Grimm, 26 October 2006 - 06:58 PM.

#20 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:25 PM

That paintjob is going to be divine. And the gun is already godly. It looks like it's going to be dishing out some major foam punishment. Nice job.

One quick question: was the airtech 4000 originally barrel replacement modified? I assume it was but I've looked online and never seen a modified 4k. Of course, I'm new to nerf so it's probably just me.

it was just a basic barrel replacement, so i didn't bother posting it.

-Bags

#21 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:37 PM

Are the barrels finished getting painted? They seem a bit sloppy, then again, I know nothing about painting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users