Maverick Laser Sight (pictures)

My laser addition to my Maverick

8 replies to this topic

#1 LordErikS

LordErikS

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:23 AM

Funny you all were talking about this hours before I posted this. Here it is. This is my first Mod, I know I have a lot of things to improve on. I went to Office Max and bought a cheap laser pointer for about $20.00 ripped it apart and figured out how it works, do this first before you do any other modifications.

Posted Image
This is the lead wires that run from where the laser will be mounted to the battery pack and switch in the grip.

Posted Image
Dremel a hole through the peg, be careful not to break it. The laser will mount behind it.

Posted Image
Closer Look - Run it through the hole and under the trigger.

Posted Image
Find a switch and make your marks. Dremel out the box to fit it tight.

Posted Image
Custom made battery pack. I don't have any advice for this other than if you have ever put batteries in something you can make one from just about anything. I used the batteries that came with the laser.

Posted Image
Mount with super glue, I like the gel kind as it seems to hold better and spread less. Make sure there is space between the peg and the pack so that the cover can slide on.

Posted Image
Connect and Solder the switch.

Posted Image
Laser, soldering points may very for other laser types.

Posted Image
Notice the mounting pads up by the laser, I used double sided sticky foam because I didn't want the weight of the foam insulation. I may switch to the insulation when I touch this mod up.

I have to heat shrink things and solder the connections but it works none the less. Any questions please feel free to ask it's pretty straight forward. More pictures later.

Edited by LordErikS, 24 October 2006 - 10:41 AM.

#2 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

Well, the Maverick is inaccurate as hell, but you did one heck of a job, and an excelent write up.

Keep up the good work!

~TCIND
It is impossible to govern a country with 120 different types of cheese.

#3 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:51 PM

Welcome to nerfhaven!

Thats a pretty nice explanation, and a cool idea, but I think that I like the position of the switc. I would prefer the switch to be under the barrel, thats just my opinion. Good first post! (way better than mine)

~the burninator

#4 Streamwave

Streamwave

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:01 PM

nice, im gonna add a laser to my magstrike soon!
~BlAcKWaVe~

YURA YURA to yuganda sore e kimi no moto e tonde yuke.

In these wavering skies, I will fly to you.

#5 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

Wow, good job!

One of the cool things about this is that it can be done to loads of other guns!

But just an BTW for you and other viewers: 20 bucks isnt so cheap. Next time try ebay, my friend bought like 5 for I think like $9 plus S&H, and they are all great. But if you need it right away office dept/ max is the fastest.

Wow, good job!

One of the cool things about this is that it can be done to loads of other guns!

But just an BTW for you and other viewers: 20 bucks isnt so cheap. Next time try ebay, my friend bought like 5 for I think like $9 plus S&H, and they are all great. But if you need it right away office dept/ max is the fastest.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#6 LordErikS

LordErikS

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:23 AM

I thought about putting the switch in the trigger port, I also thought about placing it so that when you put your finger on the trigger it turns on. I can always add it in later and post the changes, it's just a pressure switch and keep the other one as the fail safe.

#7 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:39 PM

Wow, good job!

Screw ebay, you can get them in china town for a couple dollars a peice.

#8 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:55 PM

Nice....Thats a great job. I don't see as if it really is too useful but its neat.

Great for your first mod.
Keep it up!
Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#9 LordErikS

LordErikS

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:43 AM

Nice....Thats a great job. I don't see as if it really is too useful but its neat.

Great for your first mod.
Keep it up!

I just had a dream where I had it, decided to make it real... plus the dot moving around the room really freaks people out...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users