Brass Help?

please help

4 replies to this topic

#1 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

Hi, im looking for brass. I have used the search button and did follow topics, and the websites they yielded but could still not find brass. I have checked my local hardware stores and hobby shops, so if anyone could sell me some 17/32" and some 9/16" brass that would be excellent!
Wii would like to play with you.

#2 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:41 PM

I can sell you some, PM me.

Otherwise, you have to make sure you call it "brass tubing" and not "brass piping." Because for some reason employees at hardware stores just don't see the connection....

Also, I've only been able to find it at local stores (Ace, Truevalue), no luck at places like Homie D.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#3 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

I agree with Flaming Hilt, hardware store employees aren't the brightes of people. Also I have checked every Home D in my area and no brass tubing. I also have been trying to find it for ages. LOWES sells copper tubes pre-cut into 6 inch and 12 inch peices they are like a buck a peice. I don't nkow if LOWES is just a somewhat local socal cahin or what but i thought I would jsut throw that out there
QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#4 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:12 PM

Lowes is national, but much more sparse than Home Depot. For example there are 3 HD's within 20 miles of me, but only one Lowes. Lowes is much nicer than Home Depot in my opionion, though. It is worth the drive(at least in my area).

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:47 PM

Tower hobbies has it. Call a local one.
Mcmaster Carr has it. In fact there are very very few things they do not have.
A more cost-effective alternative to brass is aluminum structural tubing. part# 1658T49 is Alloy 6063 Aluminum Round Tube .625" Od, .527" Id, 8' Length for a meager $6.86
That's less than 1/3 of the price of brass (per foot).

Edited by CaptainSlug, 28 October 2006 - 07:51 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users