Photo

Longshot: Leave At Bolt Action Or Make Pump?

7 replies to this topic

#1 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:52 PM

I was wondering what the faster way to load is and witch way has less jamming ?
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#2 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:05 PM

You know, Longshots have only been around for a couple of months now, and the modders are getting to know them, by trial and error.

Do you own a Longshot? Currently, the concensus shows that the bolt-action is just fine, but the pump appears to be more war-friendly (assuming you even participate in fairly large-scale wars) since both hands can remain in firing position throughout the load cycle.

Again, this is primarily a matter of personal choice.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

You know, Longshots have only been around for a couple of months now, and the modders are getting to know them, by trial and error.

Do you own a Longshot? Currently, the concensus shows that the bolt-action is just fine, but the pump appears to be more war-friendly (assuming you even participate in fairly large-scale wars) since both hands can remain in firing position throughout the load cycle.

Again, this is primarily a matter of personal choice.

-Piney-
[/quote]

thankks for the advice and yeah I do own a longshot but right now its stock, and i sorta figured that it was a matter of joice i was just wondering if one of them jams more than the other
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#4 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:34 PM

I made mine a pump and I wouldn't go back. It is so much easer to use and it takes less force to cock on a spring modded LS.

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:16 PM

Neither jams or mis-fires more or less. If you have jamming or mis-firing there are other parts at fault that need to be reworked.
The mechanical advantage of the pump action is that you're cycling the bolt from both sides of the bolt sled. This, combined with the better hand hold, also gives you more leverage and makes it easier to prime the gun. Especially so if you add a second spring.
The other advantage is more comfortable ergonomics and a higher rate of fire due to no longer needing to change hand holds to cycle the weapon. The stock bolt handle is very awkwardly placed on anyone over the age of 12.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 21 October 2006 - 08:17 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:26 PM

I have an LS that I have not yet made pump-action. I honestly don't have that big a problem with it, but I would go to pump-action if I wasn't kind of strapped for cash. Also, there is no (to my limited knowledge) kit selling out there for a reasonable price to make it pump.

That said, Captain Slug knows what he is talking about 99.9% of the time, so I would take his word for it if I were you.

Also, please clean up your posts. I am a punctuation vigilante myself, so I am probably more sensitive to posts than others, but it's in the Code of Conduct.

Edited by Omega, 21 October 2006 - 08:28 PM.

QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:30 PM

Also, there is no (to my limited knowledge) kit selling out there for a reasonable price to make it pump.

I offer limited runs of the kits in the trading section for $15 shipped each and will have another batch available sometime next week.
Boltsniper and a few others demonstrated that they can be made with more inexpensive materials and more liberal applications of glue, but they're not that hard to make if you have tools to do so.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:35 PM

Hmm. Please PM me when this new batch is ready, I would like to try it. <_<
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users