Photo

Model Airplanes

9 replies to this topic

#1 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:27 PM

I was thinking about starting doing r/c model airplanes. Does anyone know where to start. I'm thinking of using epp foam and an electric engine. Does anyone else make these.
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

I'd start with something real cheap. My first plane was a 40 dollar foam flyer flyer from the discovery store. Then I moved to a slightly more advance Ventura, and now I'm gonig to start building another park flyer and a hardcore 3d plane.

Chears,
Butt

Edited by King Of Butt Land, 22 October 2006 - 02:32 PM.

QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:11 PM

Thanks. I'm thinking of buying this. Does anyone think that it is good? It seems too cheap.

Edited by tcorr911, 22 October 2006 - 04:11 PM.

Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#4 bigbob

bigbob

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:50 PM

I started with a nice hobbyzone plane a couple months ago and it is really nice. It has a special technology you can turn on that makes the plane pull out of dives if you come to close to the ground. YOu can find it here.

#5 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 05:44 PM

Thanks. I'm thinking of buying this. Does anyone think that it is good? It seems too cheap.

Yeah. Seriously If you are thinking of getting that just quit while your ahead. I started with that and it took months before I could get a good plane.

You mentioned it being cheap because that thing swipes a piece of grass and it breaks. Not even worth the little amount that it is.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#6 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:56 PM

I'm now thinking of getting a Robbe Hunter 400. If anyone can find a place in the U.S. post it or pm me. I only see German and English sites...I'll keep on looking.
-Enigma1313

#7 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:13 PM

I'm now thinking of getting a Robbe Hunter 400. If anyone can find a place in the U.S. post it or pm me. I only see German and English sites...I'll keep on looking.

It might be easier to buy from an english site and get it shipped. You might even save money like that.

Brass, ask your mother.

#8 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

Dude, just get a two motor foamy, they're so easy to learn on.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#9 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:35 PM

Dude, just get a two motor foamy, they're so easy to learn on.

-Butt

I mean I know the following gun sucks ass but I used to have so much fun with those air hogs planes. They had those little engines and those things were pretty durable.

To Bad The replacement wings were like 20 dollars...

Brass, ask your mother.

#10 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:43 PM

I sugest that you definatly get somethign cheap. I am a moddle pilot, and i got a foam F18, but if the wind gets dead, or too strong, it will lose control, or stall, or be unresonsive to the controls, and crash. You will definatly need a large area to fly it, and be prepaired for super glueing, and repairing. they will break, dont care how good they are. Its a nice hobbie, but can get dangerous.. (i have almost been beamed by mine when it got out of radio range, turned straight for me, and at full speed. those props hurt. I had to turn and run.) My suggestion is look for one with the farthest radio range, and shortest antenne. Mine snaped in half.

Make shure it is large and colorful, i lost mine a couple of times in a open feild.

Let us know how it goes.
We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users