Photo

Q/a Thread For Unanswered Questions...

16 replies to this topic

#1 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

I thought it might be okay if I made a Question and Answers thread for all the nublings just starting out on this site that may need help with some questions ABOUT nerf.

///Rules///

--Before you ask a question, please make sure you have SEARCHED before you ask here. I really do not want any unnecessary flamage here.

--Please abide by the Code Of Conduct when you post, again no unwanted flamage.

--Finally, if you want to answer the question, please make your answer is as complete as possible so there is no unneeded posting.

--The most important rule of all, have some common sense when you post or answer or question, please do not act like a retard. It will save a lotta frustration.

///Edit/// If an admin. does not want this thing to continue, just lock it.

Meiser--- B)

Edited by meiser5, 19 October 2006 - 03:06 PM.

Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#2 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:21 PM

Nice idea. And by the way, do people use fishing weights in stephens for spring guns? This never seems to work for me.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#3 Nerfornothing

Nerfornothing

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:32 PM

I'm not sure about using fishing weights in spring guns. They might not offer enough power to make the fishing weight Stefan any better than a Stefan with BB's.

I have used all sorts of Stefans (3 Brass BB's, 3/0 fishing weight, 5/0 fishing weight, 1/4" slingshot ammo) and out of all of those the Slingshot ammo is the best. Maybe because it is easiest to use because the size and how it fits perfectly into a hot without any movement, unlike when using BB's.

#4 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:12 PM

Use 1/4" slingshot ammo instead of fishing weights (for beginners). The fishing weights make my darts off balance...

Oh, for anyone that has the crossbow, how long is the crossbow? and how long is it with your barrel?

#5 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:49 PM

I use bb sized split shot fishing weights in all of my guns and they work great. I make my darts 1 1/4" long so they are eaiser to push in the barrel. All of my guns are cpvc modded and I use the same darts for all of them.

six-five-two, the crossbow is 21" long and I have a 10" barrel on it so its 31 inches with my barrel.

How much larger are 1/4" slingshot weights than bb sized split shot fishing weights?
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#6 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:50 AM

Thanks, seal. I don't know about the difference because I have only used a 3/0 weight in my dart...

#7 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:33 AM

I generally stick with the notion of BB sized splitshots for stefans fired from a spring gun. For air guns, I make stefans with 3/0 sized splitshots.

I found it with a matter of trial and error. For your mods, you might need different stefans for different guns. I'm merely suggesting what works for me.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#8 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:35 AM

Why do people use crayola markers when you can use rose art markers.(they dont have those ridges inside them so you don't have to cut anything out)
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#9 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:15 PM

Because using crayola barrels takes all of 30 seconds to remove those annoying things.

Plus I think someone told me that rose-art markers sucked with nerf guns. I think he mentioned tha they didnt fit any sized darts.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#10 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:57 AM

I've tryed rose arts ,they are exactly the same. They just don't have those ridges inside them. Crayola maybe cheeper however.

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#11 kazuo

kazuo

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:28 PM

One thing with the Rosart barrels, I DONT use them because they dont have the ridges. The only guns I have put markers on are NF, and thus spring guns. With a spring you want a nice tight fit. My friends and I use stock darts, and with the ridges, I have found the darts go better. Straighter, with more veolicty. The rosart compared to it doesnt do as well, in my opinion. But if you use stefans this may not be true.

#12 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:52 PM

Orrrrrrr, you could go all the way out to Home Depot and buy some cpvc.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#13 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:14 PM

Orrrrrrr, you could go all the way out to Home Depot and buy some cpvc.

-Butt

I would think that people newer to modding wouldnt be so sure as to what cpvc to get and so forth. Plus most people's first mods are NF's and crayola barrel.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#14 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:10 PM

I used to use marker barrels when I first started. Now I use cpvc, brass, an petg. I was only wondering why people used crayolas instead of rosearts.

Edited by PREDATOR, 22 October 2006 - 02:10 PM.

-Groove

#15 G-X

G-X

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:23 PM

Okay, this may seem pretty stupid, but I'm kind of a noob...

1. Where do you buy springs?
2. Where do you buy o-rings?
3. How do you get the o-ring onto the plunger assembly?

#16 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:39 PM

Most people here get their springs at ACE hardware. As for O-rings and their placement, I don't know. I haven't done one of those yet.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#17 Vaega

Vaega

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:51 PM

I get my o-rings from lowes. To put it on the plunger head you look to see if your plunger has an o-ring on it. And then you find one that fits better and you put it on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users