Photo

Opinion?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Legault

Legault

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Anyways, I'm asking about the longshot. I've been hearing from posts, reviews from amazon, ect that the longshot unmodified is inaccurate and in one it says the maverick is more accurate. Help? Also, I did do a search, but I didn't find anything that would help. So which is better? Unmodded maverick or unmodded longshot?

Edited by Legault, 18 October 2006 - 08:07 PM.

#2 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:27 PM

I believe the Long Shot has better range (than the Maverick), so you may be able to compensate for the accuracy with solid range and a comparable rate of fire. I have never actually seen someone Nerf with a Maverick, of the two you inquired about I have only seen the modified Long Shot in action. But I am fairly certain that the Longshot has more advantages than the Maverick. Hope that helps.

Edited by Evil, 18 October 2006 - 08:28 PM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#3 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

Wow this is interesting...

Well I would say that the Mav is better because it is smaller and cheaper (the LS is $30 and the Mav is about $10. ). The LS has far more potential but stock they are both basisly the same except for size. Both have 6 round mags both have a fairly high ROF (the mav's is alittle higher because you only need to pull back and release whereas the LS you need to pullback AND push forward) Their range (sadly enough) is almost the same. They both have a great feel to them and they are some of my favorite guns but yea...
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#4 Legault

Legault

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

So the longshot unmodded is more inaccurate than a maverick unmodded?

Edit: My friend's friend was able to shoot squirrels out of trees with the longshot, and he says it's pretty accurate but, any more opionions? Also, is there any noticable difference in distance/range when you shoot the guns?

Edited by Legault, 18 October 2006 - 08:38 PM.

#5 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:27 PM

I like mavericks better because the longshot requires alot of moding and for the same price I have a maverick with three speed load cylenders (gunslinger style). And my longshot only has two clips that are a pain in the ass to get out during a fight.
QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#6 Bucfan

Bucfan

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:31 PM

Yeah yeah yeah but you gotta say it feels more "war like" with the longshot. If you're broke, go with the maverick. If you're rich go for the long shot! Oh man longshots are soooo cool. :lol:
For sale: parachute, used once, never opened, small stain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users