Photo

How Much Is The N-strike Hornet Worth?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Backyard Nerfer

Backyard Nerfer

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:49 AM

I know many other people have posted thing about the N-strike Hornet, but I've only been able to find one post that says a bit about how much it is worth.
The only thing that gets me high is the truth... and model glue fumes. -Stephen Colbert

#2 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:07 AM

I know many other people have posted thing about the N-strike Hornet, but I've only been able to find one post that says a bit about how much it is worth.

I've seen hornets go for $15-$25.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#3 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:13 PM

I believe he means worth as in useful on the battlefeild. And if that's the case, I'd say the hornet is pretty much outdated by the magstrike and outgunned by the RF-20. The magstrike can reload (with the spare clip), and both it and the RF-20 carry more ammo to begin with. The only thing the Hornet can do that they can't (besides attach to the Titan, but who really wants to do that anyway?) is fire all it's darts at once, shotgun style. But once you've done that you no longer have anything to defend yourself with.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:35 PM

The only thing the Hornet can do that they can't (besides attach to the Titan, but who really wants to do that anyway?) is fire all it's darts at once, shotgun style. But once you've done that you no longer have anything to defend yourself with.

And fire 30-40' farther, but who needs range right?
SexD Warves

#5 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:49 PM

The only thing the Hornet can do that they can't (besides attach to the Titan, but who really wants to do that anyway?) is fire all it's darts at once, shotgun style.

Methinks Magstrikes can attach to the Titan.

Edited by RAMBO, 16 October 2006 - 12:49 PM.

#6 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

They can, but in the same spot as the scout, and it wouldn't do much good because the clip would not be able to advance past the first or second shot, if that.

A shotgun is a great gun for someone who has poor aim or likes to rush. In close quarters it's invaluble.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#7 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:42 PM

Oh, and don't forget that Ompa was able to make his go 80' with around 25 pumps. That is great range for a semi-auto. Of course, you are taking a risk when plugging it, but still... Personally, I don't mind this gun and I think it is under-rated.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#8 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

I plugged the pump on my hornet and I can get around 50 feet flat with it. I love it and I think that it is great in a war or at least the wars I have.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#9 Backyard Nerfer

Backyard Nerfer

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:53 PM

I was thinking about the Hornet because I wanted to get a gun that can launch lots of darts all at once, but I don't want to go through the trouble of getting a Blastfire. Also, I tried attaching my Magstrike to my Titan (I purchased it as the rocket launcher itself), but the magazine well blocks it, and its too heavy.
The only thing that gets me high is the truth... and model glue fumes. -Stephen Colbert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users