Photo

I Need Some Help.

13 replies to this topic

#1 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:23 PM

I have been building on this gun for a while but i cant get it air tight.

Posted Image
Fire control mechanism. The big blue thing is a electronical valve.

Posted Image
Picture of whole gun(uppsidedown). You can see the orange bike pump.

I am using grey bathroom silicon to make it airtight but it seems like it have faild. What do you guys use? and how do you use it?

Thanks for your help

anders

Edited by anders, 12 October 2006 - 12:21 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Aug 16 2007, 03:52 AM) View Post

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

#2 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:32 PM

What Nerf Monkey said, silicone is not airtight at all.

Meiser--- :P

Edited by meiser5, 11 October 2006 - 05:50 PM.

Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:10 PM

...No. Actually you'll need to use PVC cement to seal the joints and then if it's still not airtight use Plumber's Goop on anything else that doesn't need to come off or move.
SexD Warves

#4 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:52 PM

I agree with NerfMonkey.

#5 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:51 AM

Where do i get plumbers goop in Sweden?
In Sweden everything is hard to get.

Edited by anders, 11 October 2006 - 12:19 PM.

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

#6 InkJet

InkJet

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:12 PM

Hmm, I'm sure at a hardware store, if that's what you call it in Sweden, somewhere where tools, pipe, wood, and similar things are sold. I'm sure it is called PVC glue, or however you say glue or cement in swedish, as PVC is a scientific name, the same in all languages.. Or, look for glue for glueing together plastic model planes at a toy store or a hobby store. I found plumber's goop in my hardware store in the caulking section, with silicone caulk and other sealing products. Your last resort could be super glue or cyanoacrylite glue (CA glue), also, the cyanoacrylate glue might be called the same name in swedish. Hope that helped B)

#7 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:09 AM

Grr i was trying to write a reply an my pda when it kind of died :angry: . *snyft*(swedish)

Well back to the topic. Pvc glue is not going to be hard to find, but plumbersgoop will. Since most of the people in sweden can speak english i should be able to step in to a hardwarestore and ask a guy working there if they have plumbersgoop in english. But i seriusly doubt that a swede would know what plumbers goop is.
I found another reson why the gun is leaking, the bicycle pump don't have a onewayvalve(backvalve?) or backventil like we say back home.

inkjet: you didn't really help much but thanks anyway

And like the rest of you said , I'am going to try making a seal with pvc glue

Thanks anders

the el snapo again

#8 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:51 AM

Grr i was trying to write a reply an my pda when it kind of died :angry: . *snyft*(swedish)

Well back to the topic. Pvc glue is not going to be hard to find, but plumbersgoop will. Since most of the people in sweden can speak english i should be able to step in to a hardwarestore and ask a guy working there if they have plumbersgoop in english. But i seriusly doubt that a swede would know what plumbers goop is.
I found another reson why the gun is leaking, the bicycle pump don't have a onewayvalve(backvalve?) or backventil like we say back home.

inkjet: you didn't really help much but thanks anyway

And like the rest of you said , I'am going to try making a seal with pvc glue

Thanks anders

PVC cement is probably the most likely to get the job done, but what they aren't telling you is that Plumber's Goop is a brand name. If you guys import American hardware products then it might be available exactly as that name(or perhaps a shitty Swedish-esque translation). Either way, PVC cement is purpose built for the materials you are using, so that would be the surest bet.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#9 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:47 AM

Can you name a few stores off the top of your head that you can go to fast?

Like, wal-mart, k-mart...I have been able to get different Goops (shoe goo, plumbers goop,etc.) at a k-mart before.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#10 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:19 PM

PVC cement is probably the most likely to get the job done, but what they aren't telling you is that Plumber's Goop is a brand name. If you guys import American hardware products then it might be available exactly as that name(or perhaps a shitty Swedish-esque translation). Either way, PVC cement is purpose built for the materials you are using, so that would be the surest bet.
[/quote]

If plumbers goop is a brand name ,then what is it called if you don't use the brand name? I need to know becose i can't transelate a brandname.

Edited by anders, 12 October 2006 - 12:41 PM.

the el snapo again

#11 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:26 PM

Why hasnt anyone said anything about Epoxy? Its basicly the same thing as plumbers goop or pvc cement.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#12 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:28 PM

That's the thing. It's not a brand name. It is a line of different goops and goos.

Like I said, K-mart carries shoe goo (which is actually good for mirrors and glass) Plumbers Goop (great for sealing stuff) and a lot of other goops and goos.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#13 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:09 AM

Can you name a few stores off the top of your head that you can go to fast?

Like, wal-mart, k-mart...I have been able to get different Goops (shoe goo, plumbers goop,etc.) at a k-mart before.

Maybe you didn't realise this but i live in sweden and in sweden there is no k-mart or wal-mart or any thing like that.

the el snapo again

#14 InkJet

InkJet

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

That one way valve that you were talking about is called a check valve. I can find it in my hardware store in the PVC fittings section, so i'd give that a try. That would probably help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users