My Split Target

Tech Target with integrated At3k=2 Quick Shots

6 replies to this topic

#1 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:53 AM

The idea of integrating an at3k into this gun was thought of when I found out the pump gun was still working(after mutilation of opening the gun when I was a noob)! I tried to integrate it into an nf and it worked to some extent, but it just wasn't effective enough and I had to pull on a string because I couldn't figure out the trigger system. Then, I tried putting it into my ttg and I cut out most of the ammo holders to fit it in(as you can see in the pictures). After multiple ideas, I came up with the trigger system:

Posted Image

It was perfect! I could pull half-way on the upper part of the trigger for the at3k to shoot and pull down harder for the ttg to shoot. I can also pull the bottom half of the trigger to just shoot the ttg. So, ttg/at3k+proper trigger system=My version of the split fire. Pics of the gun:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ranges and mods on guns:

-TTG gets 60 ft. flat with only a barrel replacement. the pull-back thing was too big, so I cut it off put a more compact one.Don't ask me why I kept that rod thing on from my last mod. I kept it just in case.

-At3k can get 80 ft. flat with only 1 pump(too lazy to plug it)! Barrel is replaced.

Conclusion: In all this is my favourite pistol and it is easy to put on a holster. I think the rof is higher than a splitfire due to only 1 pull-back and 1 pump, but gets inferior ranges. The gun is quite accurate too.

Edit- Clean problem: the turret doesn't rotate anymore, but I kept the stick on just in case I do another mod to it. The problem with the at3k part showing can be fixed by covering it, but I'm just too lazy to do these things.

Edited by NiteWalker, 07 October 2006 - 03:38 PM.

NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#2 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:02 AM

Does the turret that you made still rotate or is it just dual barreled. Its pretty cool, but not the cleanest gun that you'll see. What ever works for you go for it.

~trogdor

Edited by trogdor65, 07 October 2006 - 09:17 AM.

#3 TheVeg

TheVeg

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:21 AM

Pretty cool!

I am attempting something similar but with 2 at2ks, and you just gave me some fresh ideas. It seems like the trigger would be uncomfortable though.

-KLM. a.k.a. TheVeg
Vegetarians into Nerf results in n00bs being shot with carrots.

Captain KLM, founder, modder and dartsmith of the Michigan Nerf Mafia.

#4 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:43 PM

That's pretty cool. It does need some cosmetic work with all the hot glue, but if it us functional, that is all that really matters. You should really plug the pump, it makes a huge difference. It will only take you a couple minutes.

#5 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

I'd suggest three things:

1) put some better barrels on there.
2) plug the pump
3) put a 2k turret on the TTG and the 3k.

That might be a bit of a challenge with the TTG gun, but turreting the 3k tank should yield some nice rate of fire improvements, making it into a good solid compact primary.

But regardless, what you've got is very nice. Props!

Edited by Falcon, 07 October 2006 - 07:28 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#6 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

I do like! Tempted to try something like that myself, actually... I've got a spare NF lying around...

I would suggest gluing/somehow attaching a washer (or something of the sorts) to ensure you don't pull the 3k pump all the way out, doing so take time and it could get dirty (esp. if you drop it). Otherwise, very nice!
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#7 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:21 AM

I did a similar thing to this. Well, almost the same thing, just different guns.
It was a Nite Finder with a SM750 valve.
I posted it on NHQ before the hack, but I'm not sure about here.
Here's the picture:
Posted Image
And my Crossbow / Shotgun Titan - for the hell of it.
Posted Image

-Tidge.

Edited by The Inventor Guy, 08 October 2006 - 06:25 AM.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users