Pretty Much Crap Integration

But still interesting

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:11 PM

I got into my "modding mood", which is where my parents are gone, my sisters somewhere, and I have metal playing full blast through the house. Since I didn't really have anything to do (except all my homework, but pssh. Who does homework?) I decided to do something.

Something nerf.

I had recently acquired a Wildfire that either didn't have the will or the skill to work as an automatic, despite all of my improvisations. So I had a bulky automatic that wasn't an automatic. Or a gun. It just released air all over the place, except for GOD NO, NOT THE BARRELS?

I also had a bolt-action Airtech that, after my last war where one of my freinds decided that the best way to fight from a person running at you with dual NFs was to grab the gun by the tip of the barrel and swing your arms wildly while you run. Needless to say, the bolt-action part no longer functions. At all.

I remembered way back when when Thirst had that semi-auto 2k with his t-clip. It clicked. I could do the same! Except not as good!

So, here's what went through my mind as I did the mod:

Airtech:

Posted Image

Wildfire:

Posted Image

Internals:

Posted Image

I realized that I didn't even need the pump of the Airtech for the gun, since the bladder of the Wildfire would be supplying all of the air. So I simply disconnected it, ripped off the vinyl tubing, and replaced the pump tube in the gun, since the trigger requires it to pull.

Posted Image

I then had to work with the Wildfire valve. The valve needed to be depressed an exact certain amount, for if it wasn't, air would just spew all over the place. After about ten minutes, I was able to rig duct tape up around the valve to keep it permanently depressed with minimal to no leakage.

Posted Image

I figured I wanted the pump slanting down on the right, so...

Posted Image

...I slanted the pump down on the right (attached with hot glue)

Mk. Now, where to fit the bladder? If I took some time, I could use it to make a really interesting stock. I debated that for a while.

Then I recalled on how every single one of my mods, someone in the NIC would remark about how it was fugly. Or lacking in the aesthetics department.

Tough.

I do mods for functionality, not pretty prissy looks.

I thought came to mind.

Duct tape.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Deflated/Inflated)

I did that just to piss all of you off. And because I could.

Front:

Posted Image

Back:

Posted Image

Nifty angular view:

Posted Image

...that's it.

It gets five shots before running out of air. It require twenty pumps. I could have used a bolt-action breech clip, with a five round capacity, but I decided to be awesome and contribute to the fugliness by using a simple CPVC barrel "belt"

First shot: 70'
2:55'
3:45'
4:40'
5:30'

And that's only with the original twenty pumps. If you pump it more in between shots, the ranges would increase.

3" barrels, again because I can. It could take up to 6". 4" breech from airtank to coupler.

...hope you guys like...

-SInnER-
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#2 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:15 PM

Interesting, however I think that with the lowered ranges for the final few shots, perhaps 2-3 more powerful shots would be better?

#3 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:18 PM

You sound like me when you are in your modding mood, except I do not have just any metal band playing, its Metallica baby... Back on subject, very good idea. I sorta like it.

Meiser--- B)
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#4 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:58 PM

The 2-3 more powerful shots would be better, but the shots all depend on how long you depress the trigger. From three years of nerfing, my trigger pulls are fairly the same in terms of depression time and pressure.

I made this beast, because I've come to the realization that my entire clan uses AirTechs, or other such long-ranged weapons all of the time, no exaggeration. Even I do.

So, the irony is that it's still an airtech, but not.

Anyway, I'll test it next war and let you guys know.

-SInnER-
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#5 deathwolf

deathwolf

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:06 PM

Wow. Thats like, MASSIVE fugly. But it's pretty cool. I like the belt-thingy.

Edited by deathwolf, 06 October 2006 - 10:06 PM.

BROOD XIII

#6 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:50 AM

I remember the good old days when ALL mods looked like this. None of this epoxy/plumer's goop shit. It was ALL duct tape and ho6t glue. And ALL messy as hell. A good paintjob simply didn't show any stock color, and was usually flat black or flat camo.

But still had an assload of duct tape on it.

If it was five years ago, you would've been given some decently mad props.

So I will anyway. It's a nice idea, and you squeeze an extra shot more out of it than a quadded 2k with a bladder. Not as fast firing, but it's got an extra, so that's okay.

Nice job. And thanks for the stroll down memory lane.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#7 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:19 AM

You should be able to get a lot more range if you put the dart closer to the barrel, and then use some longer barrels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users