Thread Views

7 replies to this topic

#1 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

These numbers seem incredulously high. The topic I posted in mods about Cx's At3k mod has 50 views after only an hour. Does the GoogleBot view the threads that many times? It's not really that important, I was just kind of curious where all the views come from.

#2 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:53 PM

They come from all the members that veiwed your topic. Look at the number of registered members on this site(2558)
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#3 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

I am fully aware of the number of registered users. Two of those registered users happen to be bots for AskJeeves and Google. Normally there are between 20 and 30 users online, so I doubt that in less than an hour one thread would get 50+ views from 10 or so people(a lot of people are probably AFK and leave their browser open, I know I do.) Which is why I felt that the Google/AskJeeves bots do an excessive amount of sweeping.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:12 PM

Well, you also gotta include guests. And people probably view the topic more than once.

#5 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

And when some one posts a reply they end up viewing the thread 2x: original view and then after the post
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#6 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:48 PM

Bots don't add to the thread view count. They aren't registered users, Invision is recognizing them by their browser ID so that they aren't added to the statistics.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:18 PM

Intersting, traffic is very increased from when I was frequenting the board last.

#8 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:58 PM

Dude, cool it with your posting. You're getting to be the next General Cole.
I hate you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users