Photo

Rattler Question

8 replies to this topic

#1 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

I found a rattler in its box in my basment and I was wondering how good is this gun? Is it worth modding because if it isn't I have a clan member looking for one.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#2 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:56 PM

Give it to your Clan member, this isn't that good of a gun and it is hard to aim due to its way of shooting (pulling back on the tail).

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

Or you could ignore what everyone says and go for it, and then you'll know.

Try modding it; maybe you'll mod it and it will turn out to be your primary of choice. Or maybe it will suck, but then just give it to your friend.

"Shitty" guns are always fun to mod, so try it out and see how it goes.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 02 October 2006 - 09:05 PM.

SexD Warves

#4 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:49 PM

I have to agree with NerfMonkey. For the longist time the EaB was consider a crap gun. A few pepole desided to mod it and it turned out to be a okay primary. So go for it.

#5 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:02 AM

I remember a while back, Frost Vectron (I'm pretty sure that's who it was) single barreled his. It didn't get the best ranges, maybe somewhere around 40'?

I owned this gun as well, but that was before I modded guns. I remember it having really poor ranges, but that doesn't say a whole lot before modding.

I wouldn't expect much from the gun, but if you wan't to try modding it, go for it. You could always mod it, and then give it to your friend right?

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#6 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:27 AM

Oh it isn't crappy because of the ranges, it is crappy because it isn't a cock and pull trigger set up but something weird that makes is very hard to aim, if you can mod around that then it will be an OK gun.

#7 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:46 PM

it is crappy because it isn't a cock

/\ I don't know if that counts as a good quote to be taken out of context and implemented as a dirty joke, but I figured I'd point it out before/if no one else did.

On topic now, isn't the Rattler similar to the Ratchetblast in operation and performance? If so, it isn't worth modding, particularly since you mentioned (in the rest of the sentence from which I pulled the above quote) that the cocking system is different and rather awkward. I mean, you COULD mod the thing for better performance, but a stock NF could still beat it if what Diablo said is true. 40' single-barreled...that's sad.
May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

#8 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:29 PM

Who's to say someone who mods one now couldn't get more range than what people five years ago did?

I would use my Reactor second after my Powerclip. It's manual, only gets about 40' flat with Stefans and is single-shot. I sneak up to someone and shoot them from a few feet away. The Rattler, on the other hand, has four shots. You just have to figure out how to use the gun; in this way you can be good with any gun.

So yeah, try modding it, and if you don't like it give it away. Who cares if it's not a conventional (trigger-fired) springer? It could still work out. You never know until you try it.
SexD Warves

#9 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:53 PM

I'd have to agree with NerfMonkey on this one.

The Rattler is not the best gun out there. Hands down. But that doesn't mean it isn't worth owning. Just because some people don't like it as much as others is no reason to get rid of it or leave it alone.

It's different. To many, that's a bad thing. However, how do you know that some brilliant insight won't hit you, and you come up with an amazing mod for it? How do you know that you won't like the mechanism? Just because it's weird doesn't mean its a piece of shit. You may turn out to love it.

People think that the Perceptor is possibly the worst gun Nerf made. But when you take it apart, take that funky little plunger/barrel assembly, and do some simple mods, it turns into a very respectable springer. In fact, it's unique shape makes it very handy for Assassins games.

My point is, even the shittiest gun can be made into something useable. It all just comes down to how useable you want/like it.

-Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users