Photo

My Longshot...its Pretty Sweet

26 replies to this topic

#1 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

Almost two weeks ago, as one of my birthday presents, I got a Longshot, in hopes of making it one of my most powerful weapons. I had three goals, in order of consecutive importance
1) Power - Involved a new spring, air restriction removal, and other modifications.
2) Ease of Use - Involved installing a shot-gun grip (Thank you Captain Slug)
3) Looks - This is what i have recently finished, and although I'm not the type to brag, I think it looks pretty cool, hence the title. It involved a lot of black spraypaint and a scope I own. Yes, the magazines are a bit harder to shove in, but it is worth it. Thanks for reading, and enjoy. Ohh, and thanks, Pat, for the help with the pictures.

http://i85.photobuck...CROW921/gun.jpg
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#2 urbanfighter7

urbanfighter7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:16 PM

It looks awsome.

Edited by urbanfighter7, 29 September 2006 - 09:17 PM.

#3 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

Nice job! Very realistic. :lol:
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#4 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

You need to be careful when painting a gun all black. It may look cool, but some old lady looking out her window who sees some teenager running around with a black assault rifle may say otherwise.

#5 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

Yeah, Im careful when I nerf because it does look like a real rifle to those who cant tell the difference. Gotta be careful that someone doesnt call the police or something. :lol:
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:15 PM

Please try to avoid multiple topics with the same subject, just saves me some board clean-up time. Looks like you figured out how to post pictures, so I suppose I don't have to explain that process to you.

Very nice looking blaster, by the way.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 Backyard Nerfer

Backyard Nerfer

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:27 AM

It looks awesome! It vaguely reminds me of a Steyr Aug.
The only thing that gets me high is the truth... and model glue fumes. -Stephen Colbert

#8 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:23 PM

Thats pretty sweet!!
My suggestions:
For the clips: you should consider painting a vertical stripe on them. It would be cool if you could match the color (of the stripe) to the blue on the jam clearing door. This would give them abit of life, and then the jam clearing door wouldnt stick out so much.

What kinda scope is that? (I need a new one for my airsoft gun because my old one broke)
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#9 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:37 PM

The scope is a Leapers scope, and you can find it on AirSplat.com for around 50 bucks. NC Star 3-9x40 Rubber Green Rifle Scope is the exact name.

#10 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:24 PM

Nice rifle, I must say. It's vaguely reminiscent of the Battle Rifle on Halo 2 IMO, but any AR comparison will work. Just one question: Does the scope actually offer a considerable tactical advantage to compensate for the cost, or is it mostly a cosmetic addition? I know airsoft scopes are useful on airsoft guns, but 4x magnification on a Nerf rifle seems an unlikely advantage.
May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

#11 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:14 PM

Yes, the magazines are a bit harder to shove in.

There is an easy way to fix that, I'll edit my post and put a link in a few minutes.

here it is

You don't have to cut as far as he did. Just cut about half that much, if you cut as far as he did, there is a good chance that the clip will no longer stay in the stock of the gun.

Edited by AssassinNF, 30 September 2006 - 07:29 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#12 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:42 PM

Is the barrel part of the mod or is it just for looks? If its just for looks what did you use for it?

Edited by PREDATOR, 30 September 2006 - 07:42 PM.

QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#13 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:09 AM

Ok, just to answer a few questions here, the barrel is just for looks, and I ended up having to take it off because it was slowing my darts down :lol: . And no, the scope is just for looks, but it can help when trying to locate a target, kinda like binoculars. The dart doesnt even hit where I look through the scope with anways, which is a little dissapointing.

#14 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:41 PM

Dude that thing is awesome!

~trogdor

#15 koolsteve

koolsteve

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:59 AM

dejavu' much?

Posted Image

Edited by koolsteve, 16 October 2006 - 05:00 AM.

#16 mav3r1c

mav3r1c

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:25 PM

I must admit, that does look pretty amazing. In my opinion, the scope is the most intimdating part. Thats just cause I like loser rifles though. Again amazing job :blink:.

#17 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:28 PM

dejavu' much?

Dejavu' indeed, that looks kick ass, but you might need an orange cap on the barrel tip to avoid getting shot.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#18 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:44 PM

Just finished cleaning the mess I made on the floor after seeing this. I will be copying a good bit our your idea...mainly the scope part.

But the color scheme...I am def. leaning towards once I get my LS pump mod.

Edit: Since I won't have my LS back from my friend until the end of this month, I would like to get some measurements.

If it would be possible to get the depth, width, and length of it off someone, that would be great. I might have a project I want to draw up in CAD. Pm me if you want to help me out with measurements and I will show you where and how I want it measured. Thanks.

(AKA, I plan to make a removable RIS system for the front end and receiver)

Edited by LastManAlive, 16 October 2006 - 07:52 PM.

He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#19 Backyard Nerfer

Backyard Nerfer

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:48 PM

I would have to agree, it does look like the BR55 (Halo 2 battle rifle). And I also agree that you should like put an orange cap on it or paint the front end of the barrel orange. I think I heard somewhere that it was a law or something in some states... maybe federal law, I dunno. Still, it looks awesome.
The only thing that gets me high is the truth... and model glue fumes. -Stephen Colbert

#20 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:41 PM

Sorry that I havent been able to reply for a while...I've had a lot going on. Yes, when I finished the entire this, scope and all, I realized that it looked a lot like a BR from Halo 2. And thanks for all the compliments...Its not too often I get those... And I remebered this just as I finished. I see what you mean when you say it would be wise to but on an orange cap, but because I always play inside my house, I think al it would achieve would be messing up the "look" of the gun.

Edited by CROW, 19 October 2006 - 05:44 PM.

#21 Deathbymonkey

Deathbymonkey

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:09 PM

Just put a shortened version of the silencer back on and put the orange tip on that. It only needs to be like 5mm or something like that.
How will you die? Eaten by sharks, or death by monkey! CHOOSE! --Andy (the kid in toy story)

#22 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:34 PM

I really plan to put my LS on the full blown assult rifle/perfect highly customizable end in Nerf.

Like I said in my previous post, I plan to make a removable RIS system for lasers, flashlights, a grenad laucnher even (mainly for looks, but fully functional...not making it that HOLY MOTHER OF GOD ITS A NERF GRENADE), and so on. So I have been brain storming for ideas on mods to do to this gun, that make it more of an assult rifle.

I had it last night. Take the 2 clips for it, and lay one on its side, and the other on top of it facing the same way. Now, turn the one on the top a full 180 degrees, and slide it down to the point where the clip on the bottom would be when put in the gun. Now, tape it and when you go to fire, fire 6 off, and to put a new one in, just take it out, flip it 180 degrees, and there you go, 6 more rounds. Now, while you have that one in, you can reload the one on the bottom. If anyone plays or has played BF2 for PS2, then it would be the Special Ops gun for the terrorists. It's like an AK/MP5 kinda gun. When you reload, he takes the clip out, flips it in the air, and puts the one that was on the bottom in. (go to the map oilrig and play as the terrorists as a spec op... shoot 3 off and reload, you will see was I mean).

If no one gets it at all, I will video tape it for you and put it up somewhere for viewing.

#23 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:54 PM

Whoa, my brother has very close to what you just described, except for two things:
1) Its a airsoft rifle
2) Instead of the second mag being upside down if i read correctly, it has two magazines connected to each other by a piece of aluminum, and both magazines are facing the same way. It is like if you put two of the same size books standing up next to each other, connected together at the bottom end.

Either way, the mags have basically the same function, except that the mag I just described is more compact.

P.S. If no one understood what i just tried to explain, let me know and I'll get a pic up.

#24 funkyjake

funkyjake

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:16 PM

As in taped magazines and magazine clamps?
Yes, people do that. It's just tape. Pretty simple.

#25 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

The point is, you would get such a high amount of ROF. And after going and buying a new LS and returning it for "Problems", and "Forgetting" to put the 2 mags in...you can tape them even lower, and keep the other two in the back of the rifle.

You might not even need to use those. If you stick to just putting 6 rounds off and then switching, you could reload the bottom clip while the enemy retaliates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users