Photo

My Cosmetic Longshot Mod

8 replies to this topic

#1 Spark

Spark

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:26 AM

I really like the longshot. I wish I worked for Nerf to design these awesome guns. I will probably get over it when I buy an AR-15 but untill then I am having fun.

When you open the box for the longshot and put it all together you say "Wow, this this is freakin huge, It has to shoot far". You are then sadly disapointed. I was a little worried about messing with the innards but I cracked it open and modified it anyway. The barrel was crap and had some kind of fake rifling that did not really do anything so I chopped a piece of pvc and replaced it. The inner wall is smaller than the old barrel and the darts slide through it better.
Posted Image Posted Image

Everyone takes off the big silly extension and either throws it away or keeps it just to look cool. I took it apart, sawed it in half and made a handguard out of it. Here is what I ended up with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now the glue looks kinda sloppy but It will be fine when I paint it all black and silver.

In a couple days I am going to drill out the front under the barrel and attach a laser pointer. Fun stuff.

Posted Image

Sorry about the huge pictures, My host would not let me link thumbnails for some reason.

#2 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:12 PM

What the heck is up with the clip?
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#3 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:18 PM

What the heck is up with the clip?

Looks like two magazines taped to each other, open ends opposite. Empty one, pop it out, and shove the other end in for another full mag. Simple, and beats carrying one in your pocket.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#4 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:20 PM

Oooo!!! Thats neat!!! That prob. wasnt the cleanest way to do it but whatever works right?!
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#5 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:18 PM

Nice job, few people would have thought of that, and with a little paint, it will look great.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#6 Raz0r

Raz0r

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:38 AM

Nice longshot man.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post
Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

#7 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:55 AM

I'd leave a comment (fellow LS lover) but the links for your pics aren't working, change hosts.
Gimme back my bullets....

#8 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

I love cosmetic mods, but your links no workum. Help?
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#9 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

Did anyone else notice this is a 3 year old necro/thread?...

EDIT: And for those who are still waiting for pics to be up the Op was last active on October 11th 2006.

Edited by Lucian, 03 July 2009 - 10:23 PM.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users