Photo

Ammuniton!

A poll all about darts

9 replies to this topic

Poll: Ammo (64 member(s) have cast votes)

What ammo do you use most?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What ammo do you think is most fun to use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you think Hasbro will make more guns that shoot megas?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

Well I thought this would be a fun topic to discuss.
Enjoy!

~trogdor

#2 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:55 PM

I would have to say micros are my favorite to use/make. I also do not think that hasbro or any other brand nerf guns because the way I look at it. The guns that require megas are, well, the best.

If they do on the other hand make a mega dart gun It would probably have to be like something that they have never made before. :lol:
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#3 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:14 PM

Use most: I've converted a lot of our guns to Mega's recently. I used to just have micros for the most part and mess around with Megas. But the more I messed around with them, the more I realized the advantages over micros.

So, now we're got a healthy mix of guns that use just micros, some that use just megas, and some that have couplers so we can choose. I generally use megas, but there are many excellent guns out there (Such as the Magstrike) that unfortunately are micro-only.

Most fun: I picked arrows. balls, etc. because I can only assume Vortex Rings are considered 'etc.'

New mega guns: probably not unless they decide to do some re-releasing. And even then, they're likely to rechamber them to micros. And I can see why; it takes a certain amount if energy to get a mega dart to 40'. It takes less energy to get a micro dart to go 40'. Since they now need less energy, they can use a smaller volume of air. That means the plunger/air tank can be smaller, and there is less chance of modders hurting others or themselves with it (Which seems to be a bigger concern of theirs than they'd like to admit).

I'd love to see some new mega-shooting guns, though. I just don't think Hasbro has any real reasons to use megas. If they ever need to use megas for something (I.e. Tech Target Gun; it was either make the darts more powerful by using megas, or spend a shit-load of money making the target more sensitive) they will always have the option of resurrecting the mega.

-Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#4 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:10 PM

I all ways use micro's. Although I've never modded a gun to shoot megas;I still think I would like micros better.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#5 Grenado

Grenado

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 06:38 PM

Can someone please list the advantages that megas have over micros?

#6 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:01 PM

Can someone please list the advantages that megas have over micros?

As far as I know Megas have a greter range and accuracy

but they are mostly for older guns (form the most part I think that the target set comes with a "mega" pistol)

I personally voted for micros because they are what is currently in mass production and fit all the knock off brands. You can also carry more :D
QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#7 Yakuza

Yakuza

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:12 PM

I perfer megas because it's funny to see a noob spawling on the
ground after being hit with a mega stefan, from a modded titan, from 20 feet away. :D
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Oct 21 2006, 12:16 PM) View Post

When you really think about it, this forum is still pretty darn tootin' good. It's like any family; we have a mix of brains, 'tards, jocks, geeks, hos, burners, waistoids, dickheads.

-Piney-

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:28 PM

Megas have great accuracy, but micros tend to get better range. Megas do have the potential for greater range with guns like the Titan/MasterBlaster/etc. because of the extra weight, but that's only when micros are too light for the guns.

Micros are my favorite. They take less force to shoot and they are very easy to find/make.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#9 Mirodasc

Mirodasc

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:16 AM

...and they are very easy to find/make.

How are Mega Stehphans harder to make than Micro S's? They take me the same amount of time and effort, cept my mega's are a little heavier cause of the more glue, which would inturn make it less affected by wind, correct? They need a stronger gun though.. Oh well, Can't have your cake and eat it too!

I use Mega S's as I couldn't find 1/2" FBR for the longest time, and cause the aluminum pipe I use for my barrel fits the 5/8th's FBR perfetly.

#10 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:47 AM

I use dart tag stefans exclusively. They're bright orange, so they're incredibly easy to find, reducing dart loss to a minnimum. They also outperform any other stefans I've ever made (or borrowed to try out). Their foam is very durable and remains in top condition for a long time. It's good and stiff, making it easier to twist into nested brass than spongy foam backer rod, and it's got a smaller outer diameter than standard stefans which means less (if slightly) overall wind resistance on the dart in flight. This smaller size requires its use in 17/32" brass barrels.

I love them, and as long as Nerf keeps making dart tag refills, I'll keep making and using these babies. When I hear that they're stopping DTG refill production I'll buy 50 packs and wait for the next gen stock micros to come out.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users