...Yes the Commlink

10 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:27 PM

This integration was probably the biggest pain in the ass ever. I had more problems with this than you would believe. I almost completed the whole thing in about two days. That was a month ago though. I had some problems with the AT2K holding air and all kinds of other trouble. I sat down today, worked out the bugs, and finally finished it. I guess letting it sit in the corner of my desk collecting dust was a good thing.

Let's start out with the basics. Some of you might have seen my Commlink mod posted earlier this year. Well, it really wasn't good enough for me. So I decided to bring it back and make it better. I decided to integrate a AT2K into it. I had a couple problems though. First of all, the Commlink, isn't that wide, so I had to locate the airtank outside of the gun. The next problem was the pump. I had no idea where to put it. I ended up putting in the handle which actually worked out great. There were a few things going well though. The walkie-talkie stuff inside was pretty easy to rip out. Also, the AT2K pump fit perfectly inside the handle.

After I had my idea set, I got to work. I used some fishing line to connect the firing pin to the trigger. I had to drill a small hole in the trigger to tie it from the trigger to the tank. This way, the trigger fires both the top gun and the bottom gun.

Last but not least, I wanted a unique paint job. This is probably the first time I have seen this gun painting. I wanted something totally different from blue so I went with yellow and black.

Enough of the chat, lets get to the pics.

Posted Image

I forgot to add that I used a coupler system on the AT2K. It helps with the rate of fire, and now I can breach load my darts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think I left some stuff out, so let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy!

Edited by Ryan201821, 26 September 2006 - 09:29 PM.

#2 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

Wow i have been a fan of most of your mods but this ones by far my favorite. What is the range on the commlink and the at2k? Great paint job as well.

#3 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:12 PM

Very nice job! It's very clean and sleak-ish. I'm not really a fan of black and yellow but it sorta works.
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#4 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:29 PM

My first primary was a Commlink!

Loved that gun; still do. But damn it's bulky.

Now, you made that bulk have a purpose. Excellent job. And I'm on part with you here: I've never seen a painted Commlink before either.

Props.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#5 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for the coments guys.

As for the ranges. The AT2K is getting ranges around 110-120' with 4 pumps. My Commlink gets ranges at about 60-70'.

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

That is super clean. I'm gettin' jealous over here since I have NO time to mod right now. When we start to get into winter I plan to bring out some cool mods.

That 2k looks a little uncomfortable, but I've seen a pump intergration like that before by Renegade. How comfy is that pump?

Nice job.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

That is super clean. I'm gettin' jealous over here since I have NO time to mod right now. When we start to get into winter I plan to bring out some cool mods.

That 2k looks a little uncomfortable, but I've seen a pump intergration like that before by Renegade. How comfy is that pump?

Nice job.

It's not the most ideal, but it serves it's purpose. I usually hold the butt of the gun with one hand while pumping with the other hand.

There was really no other place to put it without making the gun clean.

#8 fobpawwor

fobpawwor

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, I think you did a very nice job making it a clean and precise mod. I could not see the glue you used to attach the airtank, and you sanded down a nice hole for the pump. Impressive, and very nice!

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:14 PM

Very nice. A clean integration is very hard to do expecially with the bigger guns being integrated like the AT2K. The hole was cut almost perfectly and the air chamber in the front looks pretty bad ass too. I would suggest painting everything that remains white to black. How do you stop the AT2K pump from falling out when using it in a war?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#10 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

Very nice. A clean integration is very hard to do expecially with the bigger guns being integrated like the AT2K. The hole was cut almost perfectly and the air chamber in the front looks pretty bad ass too. I would suggest painting everything that remains white to black. How do you stop the AT2K pump from falling out when using it in a war?

Thanks for the compliments.

I was thinking about paint the AT2K parts, and I probably will sooner or later. I just wanted to post this because I just wanted to get the damn thing done. The hole where the airtank is, was cut with a Miter saw very carefully. It was a little dangerous, but it gives me the cleanest and straightest gun out of anything that I have used.

I still have to figure out how to keep the pump from falling out. I might find a cap from some other gun and modify it for the AT2K pump. If you or anyone else has some suggestions, that would be awesome.

#11 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

AMAZING! I love it. :lol:
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users