Photo

Simple Titan Mod

16 replies to this topic

#1 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:13 PM

I just got a Big Bad Titan, and I did a similar mod to Ompa, but a bit different.

First, you need to get 17/32 brass for it to shoot micros. Once you have this, take the rocket barrell exstension off from the titan. You need to cut the grill on this off. Smooth it out, then put it to the side. Now, you see the second grill in the orange nub coming out of the gun. Drill a hole in this to make a hole for the brass. now, cut your brass. You need it just long enough for it to go from the orange nub, to the end of the orange barell. Glue that onto the nub. I put it inside it an inch agains the wall, but you don't have to. Glue it with epoxy because it will hold better. To keep the barrell straight, screw the orange barrell extesnion on while glueing. This will help you hold the barrell in the right place while glueing and it will make a mold for the glue so that you can remove and screw on the barrell.

here is a picture after the glueing.
Posted Image

Once the glueing is done, you need to get some foam that fits in the orange barrell nicely with a hole in the middle where the brass can go. I used the foam on some nunchucks I had because it was a perfect fit. It should look like this on the brass.
Posted Image

Now, take the foam off, and cut it so that it goes from the white screw on part in the barrell to the end. The brass should extend out a bit farther so darts don't get caught in the foam. The purpose of the foam is to secure the brass in place. You can use the foam to keep the crass straight while glueing. screw the orange barrell on, and then put the foam in that over the brass.
You are now done, it should look like this.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I also plugged the pump air restrictors, so it takes many more pumps.

If you have any comments, concerns, suggestions, feel free to say! Please,comment!
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#2 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:22 PM

Cool mod. Do those nunchucks have a yellow dragon on the top? I have the exact same thing...

#3 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:25 PM

Yeah,its more a gold color. If brass fits snug, and it fits inside the orange part, than they are fine! I got them at nickel city- they costed 1000 tokens-totally worth it.

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#4 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:40 PM

You acutally submitted something useful!
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#5 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:44 PM

Funny Uncle, I've been in a bad streak. This is my breakout!

#6 Petrie

Petrie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:49 PM

great mod i gotta' see if i can find a titan and some nunchucks and try it out. Whats goin' on munson?
What a break out!!

#7 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:33 PM

Hey munson since that worked do you think that some sort of PVC/CPVC insulation foam will work? What about filling in the space between the barrell and the rocket barrell with expanding foam?
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#8 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:37 PM

General cole, filling it with foam wold be ok, but most likely not removeable. A while ago, I posted about foam. I used GREAT STUFF on my crossbow, and it was fine, but stick with nunchucks and foam for the titan. It is all removable except the brass barrell.

#9 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:43 PM

I don't really want to go buy nun-chucks. :P . Do you use ramrod or just blow down the barrell? I would have put a coupler on the brass and used it that way. Rear loading.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#10 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:43 PM

Nice mod, the only bad part is the barrel is not removeable, so you've got to ram rod it, and you can't switch barrels around.

#11 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

Nice mod, the only bad part is the barrel is not removeable, so you've got to ram rod it, and you can't switch barrels around.

It is 2 barrels in 1, micro and rocket. Ramroding is easier than breech loading in my point of view.

#12 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:50 PM

But then you have to carry around a ramrod. Just pull out the barrell and slap a coupler on there.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#13 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:54 PM

Yeah, but with a coupler you could have the ability to shoot at least 5 types of ammo, but whatever fits your playing style.

Edited by sam, 24 September 2006 - 09:55 PM.

#14 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:16 PM

carrying around a pencil isn't too much trouble general.

#15 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:33 AM

It is 2 barrels in 1, micro and rocket. Ramroding is easier than breech loading in my point of view.

Wait, since there isn't a barrel constiction (ie. nested brass) shouldn't you be able to just blow your darts down the barrel instead of using a ramrod?

#16 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:01 PM

If the dart is too well fitted to the foam (aka it doesn't move freely, it is a tight fit) you really cannot blow the dart down. I also down want to put my mouth on the barrell of a loaded titan. It is also really hard to blow foam down a CPVC barrell unless your foam is extraordinarily small.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#17 Backyard Nerfer

Backyard Nerfer

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:38 PM

What is the range for your modded Titan?
The only thing that gets me high is the truth... and model glue fumes. -Stephen Colbert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users