Michigan Nerf War

PARENTS SHOT IT DOWN

18 replies to this topic

#1 TheVeg

TheVeg

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:14 PM

Extremely sorry. Parents shot the war down. Last post explains how it SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

AS SOON AS I CAN, (may be when I'm 16 :) ) I WILL REALLY DO THIS.

Don't delete this thread, because there's some awesome nerfing advice later on.

-Veg :( :unsure: :angry:

Edited by TheVeg, 01 October 2006 - 11:33 AM.

Vegetarians into Nerf results in n00bs being shot with carrots.

Captain KLM, founder, modder and dartsmith of the Michigan Nerf Mafia.

#2 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

Did you say parents were going to be there? My parents are slightly parinoid. But I may be able to come and bring one or two of my friends.

#3 TheVeg

TheVeg

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

My parents will be there to supervise us, because this war is sort of my birthday party, (no presents, cake, or relatives, though) and they do not think I am old enough to control 15+ people for 4 plus hours. (I am 14, but responsible) My parents would probably like it better if your parents came, because we do not know you, and they are sort of paranoid too. (but not about Nerf)

That would be awesome if you and a few friends could come! Would you bring any sort of guns or ammo? I am pretty good at convincing parents (and school staff) that Nerf is a safe sport. I made some safety darts (foam-tipped) just to show people. And we are a cool group of kids, not the type who run around shooting civilians, swearing, and aim for faces... Your parents should not have anything to worry about.

Where in Michigan do you live, and, just curious, how are old are you?

I recommend you wear a sweatshirt and long parts, because its Michigan, and my guns are pretty powerful...
Hope you can come!! The Michigan Mafias first war should be something to remember.

I will keep the first post updated with all the info.

-Veg

#4 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

Is it in south michigan? If so I might be able to come and bring 700+ Stefans and 80+ CDTS. I can also practically bring enough guns to supply everyone there.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#5 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:55 AM

Hey. This is Lefty of The Merry Men of Michigan (Detroit area). We might just drive over, Ann Arbor's only like 45 minutes away and gas is down. So let me tell Uriel to check this thread out. If we come there'll probably be 3-5 of us.
Sup?

#6 LOMHawkeye

LOMHawkeye

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:32 PM

Hey. This is Lefty of The Merry Men of Michigan (Detroit area). We might just drive over, Ann Arbor's only like 45 minutes away and gas is down. So let me tell Uriel to check this thread out. If we come there'll probably be 3-5 of us.

Get ready to die *expletive*.

I'm going to be going with a buddy from U of M to cedar point on Saturday, so it might work out for him to hang with me that night, and then some 3M reps come show you all how it's done. No promises, but a possibility since I'd be driving there anyway. I imagine we'd have max 5 guys, but we'd love to do us 5 on your 10 (if you don't mind having the odds stacked in our favor B) )

We actually would be going to church in the Detroit area (Madison Heights specifically) before the war, so no promises at this point. What time were you looking at for starting? We'd probably be best off with start @ 1:30, but don't screw yourselves on time to try and accommodate some people who may or may not show up.

BTW; for those who don't know, this is Uriel (former NHQ admin)

Edited by LOMHawkeye, 25 September 2006 - 02:43 PM.

#7 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:08 PM

To answer your questions I live in grass lake. me and my friends can bring our own guns and ammo. And I am almost 14.

#8 TheVeg

TheVeg

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

Bad News Guys,
:( :unsure:

Today during school I got a message saying to go to the office regarding my "Nerf" game. I talked to the secretary and she said the district does not want me to do it because they do not want to get sued. I am going to try two things: first, go there this weekend with a few friends and see if I encounter any trouble. If there is none whatsoever, I will continue to co there every Sunday and if there is no problem then I will just not bother with the stupid district people. If I do encounter the slightest bit of resistance, I will send a letter to the school superintendent or whatever, (thank you SO much Shinny, That's one less page I have to write, just edit...) and bug 'em until I get permission. If all fails, I will have a (not as good backup) site planned.

Also, my mom suddenly is not to keen on any of you NIC guys coming... :angry: She says it is not a good idea to invite all these kids you don't know, and she is responsible for all my friends and stuff. If you are interested in coming, please state your age, who might come with you, where you live and whether your parents could come. Unfortunatly she says that only kids around my age might be able to come, and a bunch of other random stuff. Bah, who understands parents anyways... :wacko:

Don't be discouraged, though. I will try everything I freakin' can to keep this war on track. More news tommorow.

MMM nerfers- when is your next war? If I went to one and my parents saw that you guys were cool and all then we would have better luck next time for sure. Is it always in march, or are there others? Uriel- we would start at about that time... but I dunno, my mom is going crazy right now... Of course, we could make some stuff up, and have some people just 'tag along' and maybe somebody older could be a neighbor who offered to drive and decided to stay because it sounded fun... ;)

-Veg, signing out.

#9 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:55 PM

Do you guys have a community collage? Mine is my backup loaction. As I said if it is in south Michigan I have a 99.9999% chance of coming.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#10 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:25 PM

Holy shit Cole.

I'm really sorry if my saying this bugs anyone, but you've said that there was a chance of your coming to almost every war I've seen posted on here. Travel a long distance to one war, and suddenly you want to go to every one in the country. Not a bad thing to want to do (I myself wouldn't mind at all going to Shinny's proposed January war in the florida keys...lol) but is it really possible? Have you even mentioned half of these wars to your mom? I mean, it appears that she enjoyed watching you have fun, but no one really wants to haul their kid all over the country to go shoot strangers with nerf guns.

I don't want to thrash you or anything, but I think you need to "commit" youself to less wars and just play with your local community kids/friends a bit. Get something going where you live before you worry about running around everywhere.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#11 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:02 PM

TheVeg?

There can only be one.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#12 LOMHawkeye

LOMHawkeye

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:39 PM

Also, my mom suddenly is not to keen on any of you NIC guys coming... :wacko: She says it is not a good idea to invite all these kids you don't know, and she is responsible for all my friends and stuff. If you are interested in coming, please state your age, who might come with you, where you live and whether your parents could come. Unfortunatly she says that only kids around my age might be able to come, and a bunch of other random stuff. Bah, who understands parents anyways... :unsure:

Don't be discouraged, though. I will try everything I freakin' can to keep this war on track. More news tommorow.

MMM nerfers- when is your next war? If I went to one and my parents saw that you guys were cool and all then we would have better luck next time for sure. Is it always in march, or are there others? Uriel- we would start at about that time... but I dunno, my mom is going crazy right now... Of course, we could make some stuff up, and have some people just 'tag along' and maybe somebody older could be a neighbor who offered to drive and decided to stay because it sounded fun... :angry:

I'm 20. I'm in my senior year of college, pursuing my mechanical engineering degree at Lawrence Technological University in Southfield. I don't think my parents have ever been to a war so I imagine they wouldn't be up for this one. If it would help I'd be willing to call your mom and talk about all our past wars and discuss anything under the sun (I'd actually be up for a decent discussion of philosophy or economics if she's interested). If you think that might work, PM me requesting my phone and I'll pipe it over to you.

We nerfed 3 major times this summer and did some little scirmishes here and there. We haven't updated our website in a while. Our last war was a few weeks before school started. We generally post the goings on to NHQ, but I imagine somebody will remember to shoot you a PM for the next one (won't be for a while most likely).

I would be taking my two younger brothers to the war. They are 17 (senior in HS; southpaw) and 14 (freshman in HS). I would also be most likely taking "Exterminator" who is I believe a senior like southpaw. The 5th guy would be a friend of mine who has never nerfed and lives at UofM (freshman). Perhaps southpaw's twin sister would be there, but no guarantees.

Veggie, someone skanked "uriel" out from under me on these boards when I first joined, hence the name discrepancy.

#13 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:09 PM

I would also be most likely taking "Exterminator" who is I believe a senior like southpaw.

He's a junior but wutevs.

Veggie, someone skanked "uriel" out from under me on these boards when I first joined, hence the name discrepancy.

Dude! someone "skanked" me out of my name also. The jerk!
Sup?

#14 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:30 AM

I'm from Ohio, Cleveland area, but would greatly concider driving up to a Michigan war. I'd make a huge effort to come if any 3M guys went (Uriel?!), because I've at least seen them around the boards in my hay-day and know they are closer to my age range. I am 18, so if your parents don't want me coming, I understand. But, if there are going to be some older guys there (it appears that LOMHawkeye is making an effort to come), I just may road trip it up there for some Nerfing fun.

No guaruntees, just an thought.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#15 TheVeg

TheVeg

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:13 PM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:angry:

MY PARENTS ARE NUTS!!!!! *expletive* repeat, repeat, etc.

Yesterday I was talking to both of them about letting y'all come.... and they TOTALLY SHOT DOWN MY FREAKING NERF WAR!!!!!!! They just got worse and worse....

First they said poo could come if his parents came,

Then they said no NIC people could come at all

Then they said that I am too obsessed with Nerf and too involved in this site... so they DISCONNECTED MY FREAKIN INTERNET so that's why I haven't posted in awhile,

Then they said that even if I got permission to do the war at Pioneer that I couldn't and I had to have it at my house with only my friends, and my yard is just a field with beds we cant walk in, and thin trees.

Then they said I could not use any extremely modified guns, and that's half of my arsenal (but Ive used them before with no problems....

I hate it how parents don't give you good explanations why you can't do things and they keep making things worse and worse.

I would post 5 lines of pissed-off faces, but there's a limit...

GOD I AM PISSED OFF!!!!

Now that I know there are people interested in coming the SECOND I get the chance I will start up another war, and will do every freakin thing I can to go to someone else's in Michigan, So 3M members, or anybody else, can you PM me about any upcoming wars, will be greatly appreciated.

Well, I tried everything I could, but it didn't work. :angry:

I edited the first post, and here is the original quoted post, this is how it would have been...
Hello there:

I am currently planning a Michigan Nerf war, hosted by our newly formed clan, the Michigan Mafia. A lot of us are new to Nerf, but we are planning about 10 clan members coming. (Not including any NIC people) Our age range is about 14-15, with a few exceptions. (siblings/parents)

The date is not permanent, but I'm looking at October 15th. That's a Sunday, and for us it's the day after homecoming. I don't know about length, because my parents don't want to sit around Pioneer for that long. The minimum will probably be four hours.

GAH!!!! The secretary talked to me on Monday and she said that the district does not want us to Nerf at Pioneer. I will try Shinny's Nerf letter, and find a backup location. (The only thing the damn school people think about is not getting sued...)
The location is currently Ann Arbor Pioneer, my school. There are about 20 portables with asphalt and boardwalks between them on one side of the school. Its a lot like the 'Geddon location, but if I'm correct it is bigger. I have permission to Nerf there, but its sorta sketchy. I talked to the secretary in the main office and she said if she did not get back to me by the end of the week (already passed) then it was okay. I hope to get clearer confirmation tomorrow.

Eye protection is mandatory, No singled titans, sm5ks, or anything with similar power. Homemades I need to see to okay. Basically common sense rules. We will be playing a variety of games and whatever is suggested. I will have basic modding stuff, as well as chalk, duct tape, a whistle, hot glue, and all that other good stuff.

Bring a sack lunch, baggy/warm clothes (this is Michigan, and my guns are powerful) and a Nerf attitude. As far as directions go, the school is right across from Michigan Stadium, so it should be relatively easy to find.

I am the only modder in our clan, and I have about 20 working, modified guns. My friends have a few more that I have also modded. The advantage to this is that we all use the same barrel types and stefans. Our airguns are 9/16 brass or crayola, and spring guns are 17/32 brass or cpvc. Anybody who is coming single is welcome to use one of ours if theirs our not compatible but if another clan is coming (which would be REALLY COOL , providing I gat get my parents to okay it,) then I would prefer if they brought guns/darts too. The location sure is big enough.

I am also the only dartsmith in our clan, and I have about 150 good darts. (stefans), and I am consistently making 50-75 every weekend along with modding some guns I got off eBay. We will not be using stock darts unless we desperately need darts. ( I have 100 taggers) it looks like it will be easy to find darts, so that should not be much of a problem.

I checked the Nerf frappr map and was happy to see quite a few nerfers in the area. Michigan nerfers, don't hesitate to post if you can/cannot come, or if you would like more info. Next weekend I will go with a few friends to test out the area, take pictures and to make sure we don't get kicked off by custodians or anything...

So far the people who may be able to come are:

Poo, maybe, a few friends,

Lefty, Uriel, and other 3M members

General Cole

I will talk to my parents and see if you all can come. Poo has pretty much been okayed, but they would like his parents to come or at least talk to them.

Yeah, sorry Veggie, my friends called me that school long before I had even heard of nerf, and I did not come up with the MM name.

I WILL be seeing some of you soon, no matter what.

-Veg out. :D

#16 LOMHawkeye

LOMHawkeye

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:41 PM

14 is a bit ambitious.

Nerfers are pretty much universally really great guys, or really big nerds, but your parents wouldn't know that (and if you showed your mom my pic she probably would freak anyway, 250lbs of American beef can tend to scare the mothers.)

We'll see what all we can get going over here and try to make sure you're informed of all goings on.
-Uriel

#17 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:41 PM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

MY PARENTS ARE NUTS!!!!! *expletive* repeat, repeat, etc.

Yesterday I was talking to both of them about letting y'all come.... and they TOTALLY SHOT DOWN MY FREAKING NERF WAR!!!!!!! They just got worse and worse....

First they said poo could come if his parents came,

Then they said no NIC people could come at all

Then they said that I am too obsessed with Nerf and too involved in this site... so they DISCONNECTED MY FREAKIN INTERNET so that's why I haven't posted in awhile,

Then they said that even if I got permission to do the war at Pioneer that I couldn't and I had to have it at my house with only my friends, and my yard is just a field with beds we cant walk in, and thin trees.

Then they said I could not use any extremely modified guns, and that's half of my arsenal (but Ive used them before with no problems....

I hate it how parents don't give you good explanations why you can't do things and they keep making things worse and worse.

I would post 5 lines of pissed-off faces, but there's a limit...

GOD I AM PISSED OFF!!!!

Now that I know there are people interested in coming the SECOND I get the chance I will start up another war, and will do every freakin thing I can to go to someone else's in Michigan, So 3M members, or anybody else, can you PM me about any upcoming wars, will be greatly appreciated.

Well, I tried everything I could, but it didn't work. :angry:

That sucks I'm 17 and my parents allowed me go to a nerf war that was 6 hours away with two people they never really met who are 19 and 24, and I also shared a hotel room with one of them. Yeah my parents rock when it comes to nerf. Just thought I'd rub it in your face a little bit.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#18 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:01 AM

Nerfers are pretty much universally really great guys, or really big nerds

Is there a difference?

And Veg, I can understand your grief. But don't worry. Getting really pissed off at them will just make things worse towards them in your mind, and you'll end up doing something you're going to regret (which will, inevitably, just make it even harder to try to pull something like this together in the future).

I know it's hard. Just try to sit tight and enjoy nerfing with your friends. Casually start introducing your modded guns (don't play with Titan's and SM 5k's and the like for a good while. Keep things within reasonable levels of sanity) after a few months.

Believe me, you don't have to get together a huge group of people to really have fun. The first war I organized that had enough people to legitimately play teams yielded 4 players, and we had the time of our lives.

Just keep your cool, and your parents (after seeing what you and your friends are doing) will allow you (eventually) to have a larger war.

Oh, and to help introduce them to Nerfing as a member of the NIC, try going to a war before you try to organize a war. Bring a parent along (they'll probably want to come along anyway) and introduce them to everyone. Your dad might even want to join in after watching a round or two. Try going to the next war that 3M puts on. They're in michigan, and they're great guys. I'm sure they'd help you out in talking things over with a parent.

Good luck! And don't worry about not being able to have huge wars; it's all just about having fun, remember?

Yours in Foam,

-Falcon

Edited by Falcon, 29 September 2006 - 02:01 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#19 LOMHawkeye

LOMHawkeye

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:52 PM

Falcon just gave some of the best Nerfing advice I've ever seen online. I think I agree with everything he said. We'll try to get something going so you can come to nerf with 3M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users