Yet Another Longshot Mod...

Pump-action and other crap

43 replies to this topic

#1 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

I take no credit for the pump action idea. I first noticed it on Captain Slugs and it occurred to me how easily it could be done and how functional it is.

So here is my longshot. Inside it is bored for better airflow and has an AR spring over top of the stock spring for substantial more power.

Posted Image

Posted Image

With "silencer" barrel extension

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pump foregrip is made from two 2" couplers, balsa, and lexan for the transfer bars. The PVC is cut to form with the lines of the rifle to allow for maximum area to grab onto. Balsa rails ride against the lower side of the rifle. Lexan bars run along the side of the rifle to engage the charging handle. Very similar to Captain Slugs. Portions of lexan are bonded to the side of the rifle. These pieces engages the charging rails from the undersiade and prevent the rails from buckling and also lock the forgrip in place and prevent it from falling away from the rifle. To remove the unit you just pull the chargin pin and rotate the unit away from the rifle.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:32 PM

Not bad, yet I like Slugs better only for the fact that it looks so damn close to the quake shotgun. Its fat, short yet skinny.

To tell you the truth, I think I will actually end up leaving the rear magazine holder off. For some reason it looks better without the butt on. Thus, Slugs version reminds me of the quake shotgun.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#3 Stormleader

Stormleader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:05 PM

Hey Boltsinper, Does the "silencer" work? just wondering. great job.

#4 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:11 PM

Hey Boltsinper, Does the "silencer" work? just wondering. great job.

It's not a silencer, just a barrel extension.

Oh, and great mod by the way. It looks pretty sweet.

Edited by Lancaster, 23 September 2006 - 12:12 PM.

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:49 PM

I like the look of this one better than CS's pump action handle.
The rest of the gun doesn't really say "Boltsniper" without a black paintjob.
Do you get those scopes for cheap because they are around $50 to everystore I go to here.
Or are you just recycling scopes.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

I`ll probably break down and paint hte blue balck or gray. I don`t really like the way the gunmetal pump-action setup looks on the blue. Just doesn`t seem to fit. I liked it better unpainted. But I think if I leave all the yellow, orange, and gray and pai thte blue either black or gray it would look pretty good.

They are BSA red dots. I have two of them and I picked them up for $25 each online somewhere. One stays on the SCAR at all times and the other just floats around. I think Walmart sells them for $30.

Yeah, it's not a silencer. Its just the barrel section out of the attachable siderarm in a section of PVC. I really didn`t like the look, length, or weight of adding the siderarm to the front of the rifle.

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:41 AM

Oooooh, curvaceous grip you have there. :rolleyes:
I also highly recommend replacing the stock plunger head with a steel washer + fender washer sandwhich. All of the Home Depots in our area seem to carry the 1-1/2" Neoprene fender washer that fits the stock power chamber best. The best arraingement I came up with is
#10 1-1/4" OD steel washer
#10 1-1/2" neoprene washer
#10 1-1/4" OD steel washer
#8 steel washer
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:50 PM

I would just like to say, "Boltsniper.... I love you."
Seriously you never seem to amaze me.

How did you attach the barrel extension to the gun?

I tend to agree with LastMan though if you take off the rear magazine holder it reminds me if a Space Marine Bolter.

Anyways awesome mod

Edited by Cthulhu, 26 September 2006 - 07:09 PM.

QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#9 Vaega

Vaega

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:23 PM

Does the barrel extension give you more range? I heard that before with the front gun attached range was worse.

#10 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

The "silencer" attaches just like the front gun does. The organe locking ring comes out of the front gun if you take it apart. I just glued it to the back of a piece of 1/1/4" PVC. It twists and locks on the same way. You don`t get any more range with it but you get a little better accuracy. Thanks for the suggestion Captain. I might give that a shot.

I think a full paintjob is next on the list. I might cut down the stock some too so it's not so bulky. I don`t use the mag holder anyway

#11 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:07 PM

Nice job. Makes making your own pump foregrip a lot simpler than the way slug did it. Now my clan member's aren't going to have to order from him since this is so much easier to build. I (personally) think this looks better too. The other matched the look of the longshot, but I don't really like the look of the longshot. Boxy<Sleek. And your pump handle is definitely sleek. Props.

Edited by Falcon, 26 September 2006 - 11:26 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#12 Backyard Nerfer

Backyard Nerfer

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:10 AM

That thing looks so spec-ops with the silecer. It would be cool if it actually suppressed the sound. Something like that could be useful on the magstrike, because that thing is loud!
The only thing that gets me high is the truth... and model glue fumes. -Stephen Colbert

#13 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:39 PM

I broke down and gave it a black paintjob. I cut down the stock a little too. I found it cluttered around the grip when the stock is closed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:21 PM

B)

I'm really trying hard to NOT buy anymore Nerf blasters for awhile...but the pull is too great.

Ditto about my feelings about "realistic" looking blasters. That's really purty. I like.

I found out that the Longshot is at TrU in Honolulu. Guess it's time to drive myself into some debt.

Really nice, Bolt. But I know you knew that already.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#15 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:30 PM

It would be cool if it actually suppressed the sound. Something like that could be useful on the magstrike, because that thing is loud!

First off how the heck would you put a silencer on a magsrike?
Do you not know how a silencer works? How bout how a magstrike works?
The thing that makes the magstrike so load (or atleast one of the things) is the clip advancer.

And ontop of all that the magstrike being loud doesnt matter: if you are close enough to accuratly hit someone with it , most likely the person you are attacking can see you anyways.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#16 Backyard Nerfer

Backyard Nerfer

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:02 PM

I know how the magstrike works. I was just dreaming of something. It would be hard to make a working nerf silencer, let alone one for the magstrike. And, then again, what's the point of a nerf silencer? The sound mainy comes from the cocking mechanism area.
The only thing that gets me high is the truth... and model glue fumes. -Stephen Colbert

#17 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

Ooooo. Nice! I dunno who's to choose, now. Your's or Cappin' Slugs...

Think you can get a vid up (maybe along with some NTS videos)?
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#18 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:13 PM

Both guns are amazing!
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#19 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:06 AM

Ooooo. Nice! I dunno who's to choose, now. Your's or Cappin' Slugs...

Think you can get a vid up (maybe along with some NTS videos)?

I can do that. I`m in the process of moving right now so it might be a couple days before I can get them up.

#20 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:12 AM

That's amazing.

I like yours, and Slugs, both are very nice looking guns. Great job on that.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#21 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:48 AM

Awesome job, boltsniper. Amazing paintjob, very ergonomic grip surface for the pump. I have a question related somewhat to this topic: when you say "AR spring", do you mean a component from a real weapon? (AR=assault rifle) I see the term used sporadically on the boards, and I've been wondering for a while now just what type of spring that is (gauge, length, etc.)
May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

#22 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:20 AM

AR short for AR-15. Yes, from the real rifle. The AR stands for Armalite actually. I use the buffer spring from the AR-15 for all my spring homemades. It also dropped very nicely in the longshot. The spring is 11-13" long depending on which you get to start with. Cut them down to the length you need.

#23 darkstarfire

darkstarfire

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:32 AM

Would that be a "AR-15 Buttstock Buffer Spring" (CAR) or (Sta.) Also do you have a place to recomend buying one from? Sorry for all the questions, but I figure you would know the most about this stuff.
thanks
-Dark

#24 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:49 AM

Would that be a "AR-15 Buttstock Buffer Spring" (CAR) or (Sta.) Also do you have a place to recomend buying one from? Sorry for all the questions, but I figure you would know the most about this stuff.
thanks
-Dark

http://www.bravocomp.....g carbine.htm
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#25 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:34 AM

If you are cutting it down to 4-5 inches it doesn`t matter which you use. Carbine or Rifle length will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users