Rf100

Soon to come (for sure)

16 replies to this topic

#1 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:14 PM

I am so giddy about this I cannot keep this under wraps any longer. I will be working on an RF20 that will require no pumping and can get out 100 shots full auto. It will require a backback and will use other Rf20 pistons to reload the mag as it goes around. The darts will be picky, but I think I can get it done. I might even make it with extra 40 shot clips. It will use an air compressor and is being built for a nerf Robot. Search for the Talon robot and visualize a CSHG on it. That is what this project is all about.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#2 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:26 PM

Sorry if you think this is a useless post, but, anyways, you project seems a bit ridiculous to me. You're going to buy some kind of high-tech robot that cost A LOT for nerf?!?!? If you say you're going to use some kind of remote control thing it isn't going to work too well because it wouldn't be accurate and it would take a long time to position it in the right spot when everyone is moving.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#3 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:33 PM

Must be da moneh....

You must get payed 50 bucks a week from your parents to sit on your ass..becuase I do good enough to sell someone a DVD player in radioshack to make .03 commision....unless that is you plan to use your nonuber ninjer skills and steal it...
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#4 Fredfred

Fredfred

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:08 PM

Are you making something like this craptastic ms paint picture?
Posted Image

Black= Rf20
White box= air source
Red= turret
Grey= hopper
Blue= piston

Sorry for the poor quality, I'm a little tired. Cole, if this is anything like what your doing, you should be able to recognize it. If, not please explain what you are doing or post a picture please.
You got the pronunciation right, but it's spelt UZI, an Israilie sud machine gun.

#5 Yakuza

Yakuza

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

That's Awsome Cole. It seem's that this is an easier version of a C.S.H.G.(the name of the creator of the
C.S.H.G. Isn't comig to me right now).

Edited by Yakuza, 22 September 2006 - 09:43 PM.

QUOTE(Pineapple @ Oct 21 2006, 12:16 PM) View Post

When you really think about it, this forum is still pretty darn tootin' good. It's like any family; we have a mix of brains, 'tards, jocks, geeks, hos, burners, waistoids, dickheads.

-Piney-

#6 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 11:02 PM

The darts will be picky, but I think I can get it done. I might even make it with extra 40 shot clips. It will use an air compressor and is being built for a nerf Robot. Search for the Talon robot and visualize a CSHG on it. That is what this project is all about.

What the fuck? Are you serious?

It probably would have been better if you didn't make such a stupid topic now and just waited until you finished your robot with the rf20, air compressor, car battery, and laser thing.
You gotta chill... let me put it this way:

Your all the way up here.

And you really need to be down here.

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 23 September 2006 - 02:21 AM.

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#7 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:04 AM

Yakuza, the CSHG's creator's name is Captain Slug. Hence the abbreviation for Captain Slug's Heavy Gatling.

On topic, this project seems highly unlikely to succeed. Programming or remotely operating a robot capable of firing a Nerf gun at human-size targets is itself improbable at best, and the incorporation of an automatic weapon modified for use with an air compressor and double-size clips (???) only further complicates the matter. What I'm trying to say is, I'll believe this Nerf robot sentinel when I see it. I will admit I'm curious, though: how the hell does the robot reload the "RF100" once its 20 darts (okay, let's say 40 as long as we're pretending) are depleted? I'm assuming you won't be close enough to the monstrosity to replace the clips yourself, or you're defeating the purpose of having an automated drone (to fight your battles for you, which by the way is unlikely to be warmly received within your Nerfing group due to the huge imbalance such an advantage would perpetuate). That leads me to my next question: once you've spent hundreds or thousands of dollars designing and building this thing, what practical purpose will it serve that justifies its creation?
May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

#8 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:57 AM

There is a hopper for the inner barrell and the outer barrell. I am not going to buy a robot, but make one. The extra pistons on the robot reload the chambers and they all run off of a Car battery and a portable air compressor. Too keep the bladder from popping a pressure gauge will be installed so that when the bladder hits ??? PSI it shuts off. The robot will have a laser on it and the gun will track the laser and when the button is pushed it will fire at the target. The robot is almost done, but not the gun. Programming will be the hard part. I already tried a technology demonstrator with a magstrike (but not the laser) and with the magstrike I could hit a 5' 9" person in the chest at 20 ft. Rest assured I will make a writeup and an assembly guide incase anyone wants to make the robot or the gun when I am done. This is my new science fair! Oh yeah the robot can drive a little faster than I can jog and the batteries that I have planned for will allow it to run for about 19 hours (without firing the gun). Hope you enjoy!

Edited by General Cole, 23 September 2006 - 02:03 AM.

We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#9 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:32 AM

Some advice:

Less talk. More rock.

That is all.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#10 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:42 AM

Must be da moneh....

You must get payed 50 bucks a week from your parents to sit on your ass..becuase I do good enough to sell someone a DVD player in radioshack to make .03 commision....unless that is you plan to use your nonuber ninjer skills and steal it...

For the love of God, please clean up your posts.

Thanks,

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#11 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:20 AM

Hey I can't do anything but prototype until the gun gets here.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#12 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

I think this topic should be closed until General has BUILT something and can show us pictures.

General joined 50 days ago and has over 200 posts already I think he needs a ban for a few weeks.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#13 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

Well, the idea of having a robot minion run around and blast people is pretty neat. But is it really worth all the time and money to make? I mean, how do you know it won't zoom over to your neighbor's house and start shooting their dog? Or is it going to be controlled by some sort of remote?
Can it move over all sorts of terrain? If I saw some crazed robot coming at me I'd throw a stick in front of it, or just tip it with my foot. There are just a whole bunch of things that could go wrong. How do you know someone won't sneak up on it and start using it as a weapon? Though if you controlled it then this couldn't happen.
If you could make it remote controlled, and have some sort of stablizing features, then yeah, it'd be unstoppable. As long as the other team doesn't start throwing rocks at it.

If you can get this to perform well, it would be one amazing weapon. I would really want to see some pictures and a video of it in action.

Good luck.

Edited by Retiate, 23 September 2006 - 05:04 PM.

#14 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:12 PM

It is made of a metal frame with a metal cover and will have tank tracks. It will be controlled by my laptop an a remote control. My laptop will have a pic of what the robot sees and the remote will controll the robot like a video game.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#15 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:57 PM

General Cole, I will mail you $10 if this "project " is ever completed.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#16 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

I only have one question. How the hell are you going to afford that? And like what navy seal said... 200 posts in 50 days... you are worst than me when I first posted on forums.

#17 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

I first read this topic yesterday. I was hoping you had some pictures or something to show some progress. I'm going to be honest though; NH isn't the place to go around saying "My gun will have". Most of the members want to see what it has now, and what it can do now, or if not that, at least pictures of the work in progress.

For your own safety, I'm going to temporarily close the topic; as soon as you have some pictures or something just PM me and I can re-open it, but for now, I don't think you're going to get many constructive responses.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users