Photo

Holster

21 replies to this topic

#1 mavninja

mavninja

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:08 PM

Has anyone made a useful holster for a Maverick? I've been testing a few designs but nothing really works for me. If you have please explain simply how you did it.

#2 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:06 PM

Duct Tape and card board. Yes, i'm serious. Works wonders. First, make some measurements of the guns dimensions, then rip/cut some duct tape to those lengths. Tape the tape to itself at points so that none of the sticky side is showing. Once you've started, it's easy to finish shaping it around the entire gun. Use the card board sparingly just to retain it's shape and make it last a bit longer. One last thing, to make the straps, to put it on your leg, measure your leg, then cut tape to your measurements and put velcro on the end of the now completed straps.

Edited by Raj Man, 19 September 2006 - 06:21 PM.

"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#3 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:10 PM

Raj Man said it all. I have a holster for every gun I own and the holsters are made out of duct tape and cardboard. The holsters I made have been through alot and they are still like the day I made them.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#4 chip tortellini

chip tortellini

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:31 PM

damm strait duct tape and cardboard work wonders. I also have made holsters all out of duct tape for all my guns. look under duct tape vest.
ctp. Tim of

UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

"Sic vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war."

#5 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:44 PM

Check it out. I've got one of these, and it fits my NF ppk perfectly. They also come in left handed versions, so I think I might get one of those for 'dual wielding' situations.

#6 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

At any home improvement store you can buy holsters ment for electric drills. They work very well. I use one for evereything from my mav to my singled at2k. They work verry well.

Edited by poo, 18 September 2006 - 06:49 PM.

#7 mavninja

mavninja

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:48 PM

Thanks everyone. Ive been trying the cardboard/duct tape combo, but the problem is the whole gun is basically the same shape up until the grip. Its hard to find a place where it will rest and still be easy to draw. I'll work on a couple of designs. Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

#8 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:17 PM

Thanks everyone. Ive been trying the cardboard/duct tape combo, but the problem is the whole gun is basically the same shape up until the grip. Its hard to find a place where it will rest and still be easy to draw. I'll work on a couple of designs. Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the frontal plane of the gun as a resting point. This is the part of the shell that holds the orange safety piece in front of the cylinder.
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#9 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:07 PM

Where do you get those portable drill holsters? That sounds like it might work.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#10 mavninja

mavninja

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:08 PM

Thanks Raj. It worked out great. Now i have to make a few more for my friends.

#11 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

Try wrapping the gun in cloth, trimming it, and then making it harder with a spray adhesive.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#12 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:50 PM

You can find the holsters in the tool belt section of any home improvement store.

#13 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:01 PM

Yes, I am going to a hardware store in a few minutes.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#14 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:18 PM

Instead of spending all the time making one you can just buy one from me for $6+s/h.

#15 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:27 PM

What guns to you have holsters made for? I would like to buy one for a TTG(original).
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#16 mavninja

mavninja

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

Ya Stal if you have something that is better than what Ive been instructed to make im interested. Please post pics of anything you have for a Mav and ill PM you if Im still interested.

#17 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:14 PM

I've got one that fits multiple guns. It fits the Tech Target.

#18 mavninja

mavninja

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

Mine works fine actually so i dont think ill be needing one from you. Thanks though Stallion

#19 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:57 PM

I use a toolbelt from Lowe's Hardware. It's got good deep pocets, and lots of them. I can store my NF, Mav, converted Stinging Scarab, and a handful of extra ammo. It hangs comfortably and can take a beating.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#20 deadeye

deadeye

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

Thanks, I've been waiting for someone to post this I wasn't fully loaded on to NH :P but as i'm typing this im making one right now

DEADEYE!! SCOPED!!

#21 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:22 PM

I agree that duct tape and crdboard is the best because it an be custom tailored to your likings. Duct tape also comes in a whole slew of colors including camo. Also if any particular part starts to teas or something just put on more duct tape.

Also has anyone thought of a bullet belt to go with the holster like this but for stefans/stock darts and obviously made to fit a mav or NF and such.
Posted Image
QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#22 nube

nube

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:10 PM

Check This Out.
QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 6 2007, 04:59 AM) View Post

I really should reevaluate my Nerf carreer. I have been ultimated multiple times in a war, shot by a girl with an arced NF, and EMBARASSED by a 6 year old in quidditch on xbox. What am I doing with my life?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users